Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Because Ford will want to monetize this. If it's free, great. If not, my phone is better.
Sadly I expect this is the case even though Tesla's example is simply charging $10 a month or $100 a year for the premium connectivity that includes a pandora-like service. I suspect Ford will try to bundle a bunch of stuff people want with a few bigger items they don't to "force" sales of a major revenue stream. One of the reasons I'm glad to be headed away from this platform. But I'm not leaving the site. Love the tech and hope for the best...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rabidsquirrel22

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Sadly I expect this is the case even though Tesla's example is simply charging $10 a month or $100 a year for the premium connectivity that includes a pandora-like service. I suspect Ford will try to bundle a bunch of stuff people want with a few bigger items they don't to "force" sales of a major revenue stream. One of the reasons I'm glad to be headed away from this platform. But I'm not leaving the site. Love the tech and hope for the best...
Kind of like how Tesla forced customers to buy FSD just to get the few useful features like auto lane change until the price ballooned to such an outrageous sum that they created a smaller bundle, which is still includes extra unpopular features for an inflated price.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I like the progress, but from someone with a year-old Job 1 car that still doesnā€™t even have BlueCruise, Iā€™m expecting this is going to come to my Mach-E around the time YouTube has the holographic brain projection videos.

Honestly, itā€™s kind of depressing.

(Yes, I know I could ā€œgo to the dealer and have it done,ā€ but Iā€™ve read enough stories here of dealerships screwing it up that Iā€™m not taking the risk.)

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Despite what he says this does sound like and internal release. We havenā€™t seen the fourth decimal being used before. It will likely be renumbered before general release.

Anybody here in early access get this?

OP
OP
Rabidsquirrel22

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Despite what he says this does sound like and internal release. We havenā€™t seen the fourth decimal being used before. It will likely be renumbered before general release.

His vehicle is probably enrolled in an internal test group. If it's a company car he's just using for engineering work, then he might not realize it.

Before I posted this, I did a quick search of the forum, and it showed me that nobody else had ever posted about this update.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
(Yes, I know I could ā€œgo to the dealer and have it done,ā€ but Iā€™ve read enough stories here of dealerships screwing it up that Iā€™m not taking the risk.)
Then stop complaining about it. First model year car and you just thought everything would work perfectly? Almost every, if not every, manufacturer has issues with first model year cars. We at least have the capability of OTAs, while almost all others HAVE to go to the dealer for everything. In your case, you literally go to the dealer to get BC and ensure OTAs work again and you are hopefully set without another visit for a long while.

The cars been out almost two years now, there is plenty of data that will allow you make an informed dealer decision.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I like the progress, but from someone with a year-old Job 1 car that still doesnā€™t even have BlueCruise, Iā€™m expecting this is going to come to my Mach-E around the time YouTube has the holographic brain projection videos.

Honestly, itā€™s kind of depressing.

Your dealer can install bluecruise

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
His vehicle is probably enrolled in an internal test group. If it's a company car he's just using for engineering work, then he might not realize it.

Before I posted this, I did a quick search of the forum, and it showed me that nobody else had ever posted about this update.
Yeah Iā€™m guessing he wasnā€™t supposed to share that yet. There might be an NDA involved with that work.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Nope and Iā€™m sure itā€™s internal and itā€™s a deliberate ā€œleakā€ to keep people excited about coming features. A lot of people have asked for video on the main screen.
Notice how ford STILL isnā€™t teasing remote frunk release and theyā€™re already in the third model year šŸ˜”

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Yeah Iā€™m guessing he wasnā€™t supposed to share that yet. There might be an NDA involved with that work.
I doubt it wasn't supposed to be shared yet... he's been with Ford 5 years, he very well knows not to post anything without permission.

Also found this additional tweet, looks like you can use it on Wi-Fi:
*Does work on Wi-Fi or you need to sign up for the Ford Streaming Plan to use it out in the world.