CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I like the progress, but from someone with a year-old Job 1 car that still doesn’t even have BlueCruise, I’m expecting this is going to come to my Mach-E around the time YouTube has the holographic brain projection videos.

Honestly, it’s kind of depressing.

(Yes, I know I could “go to the dealer and have it done,” but I’ve read enough stories here of dealerships screwing it up that I’m not taking the risk.)
The dealer has had my car 4 days to do the BC update and I already had BC. I pick it up today so hopefully it doesn't get worse than it was. Also the dealer deleted my car from my Fordpass, which is nice.

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
So the 2022's so have this ability? Waiting on mine to be built in 2 weeks
Yes. And ~1/2 of the '21s do too (the job 2s, built like July'21+)
Can you cast to the car's display? Otherwise, why not just bring a tablet along. Come to think of it, not sure I care to watch video on a portrait only display. Instead of this, how about allowing a full calendar when stopped and media playback data at all times. I would find that far more useful than Netflix and YouTube.
Why not just bring a tablet, phone, piece of paper, or fridge calendar along to view your calendar? I'd find streaming far more useful than a calendar.
To each their own.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
My stupid question is when are the job 1 2021 Mach E getting this.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
This update looks awesome and I’m pumped to eventually have the OTA come to my Mach-E!
Has the rollout for PowerUp version 3.x and higher stopped? I saw people getting it in August but it’s been radio silence since. I also haven’t seen any OTA except for a random update that does something to BlueCruise.
Hopefully things are okay with the rollout and they will be pushing these things soon.

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Don't laugh, but how do I see which OTA update I have? I can't find it on the app. IS it on the car monitor? Also, is the software fix for the HVJB in one of the updates, or is that separate?

Unfortunately there isnt a way. When you get updates, it shows in ford pass and in the car under software updates. But it only stays there for a few days then goes to “up to date” The HVJB software update is a separate unnumbered update.

Dr Obnxs

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drobnxs.com
Vehicles
21 MME, 65 Mustang Too Many to List!
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Then stop complaining about it. First model year car and you just thought everything would work perfectly? Almost every, if not every, manufacturer has issues with first model year cars. We at least have the capability of OTAs, while almost all others HAVE to go to the dealer for everything. In your case, you literally go to the dealer to get BC and ensure OTAs work again and you are hopefully set without another visit for a long while.

The cars been out almost two years now, there is plenty of data that will allow you make an informed dealer decision.
Don't be so hard on us Job 1 owners. My car was at the dealer for FOUR WEEKS for them to get BlueCruise working. They don't even know what they did that eventually got it fixed!

I get bumps in the road, but some of this is ridiculous.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Infiniti QX50, 21 MME SR RWD
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Go get it done! I’ve had it for months and love it. Sorry your OTA isn’t working… Mine had been flawless with every update.
I can't speak for @JohnnyForensic but what is pissing me off is that OTAs work just fine on my car. I am up to 2.7.4 in the old classification system. I have also received the recall OTA and 22-PU0706-SCH-POPA just last week. For whatever reason, Ford refuses to send the rest of the BC software to my car.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I can't speak for @JohnnyForensic but what is pissing me off is that OTAs work just fine on my car. I am up to 2.7.4 in the old classification system. I have also received the recall OTA and 22-PU0706-SCH-POPA just last week. For whatever reason, Ford refuses to send the rest of the BC software to my car.
Yeah that’s messed up. I really wish someone higher up who reads this forum when chime in and maybe give you some more info on why you haven’t got it yet. It’s very possible it’s still rolling out, just some communication would be nice.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Love this Forum.
But was does this have to do with driving in my MME?

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 "Mach N Cheese" GTPE , 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
⚡ electric pony jockey 🏇
Country flag
My last update is 2.83 and none of the Apim updates are released to FDRS, so its great they're coding this but their distribution system is so messed up that few people will ever get the benefit from their hard work.

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
You are in the same boat as non-US owners. (as in non-BlueCruise cars) Maybe in one of Ford's databases your car has been classified as non-US? I think Ford has difficulty creating a separate OTA path for non-BC cars. Which IMHO they should not have done in the first place ; modules should work in BC and non-BC cars, but apparently they don't, which make update paths a lot more complicated, because you can not just update the modules to the latest version anymore.... Just speculating here obviously.