Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Minister
Country flag
Hey everyone. I know this is a tired subject by now but I'm hoping someone has made some breakthroughs somewhere. I'm going on 4 months of "front camera faults" and "collision avoidance faults." And like a lot of you, these faults impacted just about everything else (lane centering, BlueCruise, headlight dimming, etc.) until multiple service trips were required. Service Visit #1 got my camera's realigned/centered. Temporary fix only. Visit #2 got me a new module. I got fault messages as I pulled out of the dealership and everything is still glitching. Visit #3 is scheduled for this Monday.

Any advice or updated info that I can pass along to my service tech. This dealer only has one tech who deals with EVs and I think he's gonna start firing the parts cannon at it.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Has someone confirmed you have the latest IPMA software installed?

Other than that, it seems like a hardware issue with the camera, cables, or boards.

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Hey everyone. I know this is a tired subject by now but I'm hoping someone has made some breakthroughs somewhere. I'm going on 4 months of "front camera faults" and "collision avoidance faults." And like a lot of you, these faults impacted just about everything else (lane centering, BlueCruise, headlight dimming, etc.) until multiple service trips were required. Service Visit #1 got my camera's realigned/centered. Temporary fix only. Visit #2 got me a new module. I got fault messages as I pulled out of the dealership and everything is still glitching. Visit #3 is scheduled for this Monday.

Any advice or updated info that I can pass along to my service tech. This dealer only has one tech who deals with EVs and I think he's gonna start firing the parts cannon at it.
Welcome to the club, so glad you could join us!!!!

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...assist-not-available-errors.18710/post-515042

Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Ugh. Come on ford - whereā€™s the stupid remote frunk release already? I can watch YouTube on my phone! I canā€™t open my frunk from my phone!
I got my 2022 MME in July and my frunk button on my phone has always worked. Sorry yours doesn't work. :(

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I got my 2022 MME in July and my frunk button on my phone has always worked. Sorry yours doesn't work. :(
Job 1 cars donā€™t have working remote frunk releases (unless hacked).

cafdiniz

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Happened to me a few weeks ago, then I spent the rest of my 2h drive worried about what it could be, how long Ford would take to fix it, etc. But I was able to fix it myself. When I got home, I found a bug splattered all over the camera.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Happened to me a few weeks ago, then I spent the rest of my 2h drive worried about what it could be, how long Ford would take to fix it, etc. But I was able to fix it myself. When I got home, I found a bug splattered all over the camera.
How do you know the bug splat caused it? Just restarting the car after 10 minutes might have fixed it.

cafdiniz

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
How do you know the bug splat caused it? Just restarting the car after 10 minutes might have fixed it.
I kept driving until I got home. Never saw the error message again. :)

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hi Jeffrey. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
Sponsored