Power-Up 3.5.3 installed but no video streaming apps nor YouTube

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This seems to have worked for me as well. I unlinked my phone from my profile on Friday when I was doing the new TCU FDRS update because my CarPlay connecting has been trash since 3.5.3.3 so I wanted to remove my phone and re-pair it.

Since Friday, I haven't had the profile bug, but CarPlay connecting is still trash.

@generaltso give this a try.
Iā€™ll try that too. Thanks.
Sponsored

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
I seem to have fixed this by unlinking my phone from my profile and then relinking it. I don't think it has anything to do with the phone itself per se, but maybe more the fact it has to rewrite my profile data. It's only been a couple of days since I did that, but so far, the bug hasn't come back.
Mine will go days at a time without the problem then it happens again. I hope this is a good solution! Let us know in a week or two if it still happens.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
I got this update today as a non-EA '22. So seems to now be rolling out fairly quickly to the general masses. If I understand things correctly this is the first numbered update common to both 21s and 22s

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I got this update today as a non-EA '22. So seems to now be rolling out fairly quickly to the general masses. If I understand things correctly this is the first numbered update common to both 21s and 22s
Yep, we have finally reached feature parity!! Hopefully, this means they donā€™t lose this and get us on the software 2023s will be rolling out with. Iā€™m not too optimistic, but it would be disappointing nonetheless if Ford blows this accomplishment (after creating the need to achieve it in the first placeā€¦) and weā€™re back to two different software levels trying to play catch up.

Or the curtains get drawn and 21s and 22s are sunsetted while they focus on the new BlueCruise for ā€˜23s.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Yep, we have finally reached feature parity!! Hopefully, this means they donā€™t lose this and get us on the software 2023s will be rolling out with. Iā€™m not too optimistic, but it would be disappointing nonetheless if Ford blows this accomplishment (after creating the need to achieve it in the first placeā€¦) and weā€™re back to two different software levels trying to play catch up.

Or the curtains get drawn and 21s and 22s are sunsetted while they focus on the new BlueCruise for ā€˜23s.
Hopefully not the latter! I will say I'm yet to get the DC charging update (EVGo compatibility) applied yet, and I have no evidence I ever got the brake feel update that apparently came with the recall update for the 21s (release notes for my recall update made no mention of the brake feel update). So some of the stuff that isn't making it into these numbered updates could still be different.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
This seems to have worked for me as well. I unlinked my phone from my profile on Friday when I was doing the new TCU FDRS update because my CarPlay connecting has been trash since 3.5.3.3 so I wanted to remove my phone and re-pair it.

Since Friday, I haven't had the profile bug, but CarPlay connecting is still trash.

@generaltso give this a try.
I have zero problems with CarPlay connecting. Itā€™s practically instant. Could there maybe be some WiFi interference where you are? I ask only because I found a spotā€”near my local Costco for whatever thatā€™s worthā€”where CarPlay is guaranteed to stumble when I drive through it. It has to be some kind of WiFi interference between the phone and the MME; just wondering if maybe youā€™re in a bad spot?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have zero problems with CarPlay connecting. Itā€™s practically instant. Could there maybe be some WiFi interference where you are? I ask only because I found a spotā€”near my local Costco for whatever thatā€™s worthā€”where CarPlay is guaranteed to stumble when I drive through it. It has to be some kind of WiFi interference between the phone and the MME; just wondering if maybe youā€™re in a bad spot?
I wish, that would make sense! But it happens everywhere. At home in the morning, when I leave work, even went to donate blood yesterday and same thing after. It is now at a 100% failure rate when trying to connect. Itā€™s weird because I first get in and itā€™ll show the CarPlay icon and the loading dots under it like itā€™s about to appear and then it just goes to the no phone connected screen.

Typing this out and giving it more thought, Iā€™m now thinking it is probably iOS 16.1 beta. I may have got 3.5.3.3 and a new beta build on the same day and just chalked it up to Sync when itā€™s probably iOS since thereā€™s already been lots of CarPlay bugs.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven't reached any such thing, although finally limping in that direction. ;)
Which is exactly what I meanā€¦ previously, they were completely different. Now there is at least a ā€œgoalā€ sync version we know all MMEs can get at some point.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, we have finally reached feature parity!!
For Sync, yes. But there are other modules that may or may not ever end up on the same version across the build dates. I'm still hoping for IPC parity.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I wish, that would make sense! But it happens everywhere. At home in the morning, when I leave work, even went to donate blood yesterday and same thing after. It is now at a 100% failure rate when trying to connect. Itā€™s weird because I first get in and itā€™ll show the CarPlay icon and the loading dots under it like itā€™s about to appear and then it just goes to the no phone connected screen.

Typing this out and giving it more thought, Iā€™m now thinking it is probably iOS 16.1 beta. I may have got 3.5.3.3 and a new beta build on the same day and just chalked it up to Sync when itā€™s probably iOS since thereā€™s already been lots of CarPlay bugs.
Ooh thatā€™s possible. I dropped out of the iOS 16 Betas with the release of iOS 16 final. Apple is mucking about quite a bit with CarPlay right nowā€¦have you tried deleting the MMEā€™s CarPlay instance from your iPhoneā€™s Settings->General->CarPlay menu and re-establishing it as new? You will lose your organization, butā€¦?

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
For Sync, yes. But there are other modules that may or may not ever end up on the same version across the build dates. I'm still hoping for IPC parity.
I would love IPC parity too. Tried to get the regen gauge to come on my Premium Job 2, but need a newer update to get this. Any other modules you can think of that are not getting updated?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would love IPC parity too. Tried to get the regen gauge to come on my Premium Job 2, but need a newer update to get this. Any other modules you can think of that are not getting updated?
You should be able to get the power meter on a Job 2. It's just the Job 1s that haven't had success with it.

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
You should be able to get the power meter on a Job 2. It's just the Job 1s that haven't had success with it.
I tried with Forscan, but it wouldnā€™t work. I know 22ā€™s have no problem. I must not have the right IPC version.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good point. I'd imagine it'll at least help the optics if Sync and features are on the same level, so they can tout to be similar to Tesla in that regard and continuously supporting older model years and not just focusing on the latest.
Sponsored