Power-Up 3.5.3 installed but no video streaming apps nor YouTube

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Ooh that’s possible. I dropped out of the iOS 16 Betas with the release of iOS 16 final. Apple is mucking about quite a bit with CarPlay right now…have you tried deleting the MME’s CarPlay instance from your iPhone’s Settings->General->CarPlay menu and re-establishing it as new? You will lose your organization, but…?
Yeah, no dice. Oh, well, hopefully a new build drops today, as they've been weekly at this point, and it fixes it. Fingers crossed!
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I tried with Forscan, but it wouldn’t work. I know 22’s have no problem. I must not have the right IPC version.
You may have an IPC update available in FDRS. Several Job 2 owners have been able to enable the power meter.

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
You may have an IPC update available in FDRS. Several Job 2 owners have been able to enable the power meter.
Unless one came up recently. Got about 20 now to do. Need to find a reason the dealer will believe
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 3.5.3 installed but no video streaming apps nor YouTube 6697A3A9-F9C6-45B3-A5BA-014AC9E993DD

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Unless one came up recently. Got about 20 now to do. Need to find a reason the dealer will believe
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 3.5.3 installed but no video streaming apps nor YouTube 6697A3A9-F9C6-45B3-A5BA-014AC9E993DD
Yeah, I don't see an IPC update in the list, so try the power meter again with FORScan. It should work. What's your build date?

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I HAVE AN ON-SCREEN FRUNK BUTTON!

I got the new ELM adapter from Amazon today and have FORscanned myself a frunk soft switch, but you guys have created a monster.

I see a whole bunch of other interesting options like reverse auto-mirror tilting and wrong way alerting. I know European models have wrong way alerting; if I turn those kinds of options on, do I risk writing a bit that says “Oh, for the European model, turn on wrong-way alerts, but if this is a 1 for the US model, we’re going to send the full voltage of the main battery to your headlamps and blow them out.”

Yes, I’m being dramatic, but there are definitely features in there I want to turn on. Any general thoughts on the safety of efficacy of this?

Separately, has anyone else noticed that their pony lights have disappeared again with the latest updates?

EDITING TO ADD: I see the wrong-way function specifically needs Vienna-convention wrong-way signs which probably what ours aren’t. The question stands in general and in the specific (like reverse mirror tilting). Thanks!

Last edited:

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
I HAVE AN ON-SCREEN FRUNK BUTTON!

I got the new ELM adapter from Amazon today and have FORscanned myself a frunk soft switch, but you guys have created a monster.

I see a whole bunch of other interesting options like reverse auto-mirror tilting and wrong way alerting. I know European models have wrong way alerting; if I turn those kinds of options on, do I risk writing a bit that says “Oh, for the European model, turn on wrong-way alerts, but if this is a 1 for the US model, we’re going to send the full voltage of the main battery to your headlamps and blow them out.”

Yes, I’m being dramatic, but there are definitely features in there I want to turn on. Any general thoughts on the safety of efficacy of this?

Separately, has anyone else noticed that their pony lights have disappeared again with the latest updates?
Reverse Auto Tilting works great. Go ahead and enable that. You need to later go to Sync and flip the toggle to turn it on. There’s a write up in the DIY section. Not sure about those other features though

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Reverse Auto Tilting works great. Go ahead and enable that. You need to later go to Sync and flip the toggle to turn it on. There’s a write up in the DIY section. Not sure about those other features though
I totally forgot about the DIY section because I’m not a DIY kind of person, yet here I am awash in Mongoose cables, ELM adapters, and power supplies. Thanks! I just got rid of that awful double-honk too!

Devbloggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD extended
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag
I'm just getting this update today :S , note, I'm in canada

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
Just got 3.5.3 on my 2021 Job 1 Non-EA.
I got it two days ago and 3.5.3.3 installed yesterday, this enabled the streaming services.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Mine will go days at a time without the problem then it happens again. I hope this is a good solution! Let us know in a week or two if it still happens.
Just checking in on this. Since I removed the phone from my profile and added it back, I’ve still not had the accident guest profile misfire. I’m considering it “fixed.”

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yep, we have finally reached feature parity!!
<SNIP>
Speak for yourself. I’m still downrev. 🤪🐩 Not that I think I will make use of this stuff. 😊🐩
Sponsored