Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
3.5.3 installed on Friday, but oddly, no in-vehicle notification. The Amazon Eye appeared and was quickly banished. The stupid new games are there. No YouTube app, no Frunk release.
Oh, and they messed up the formerly “automatic” climate control 😢 AC is now manual 🙄 Also, I seem to recall the windshield demisters kicking in when needed. They most definitely do NOT kick in at all and the windshield fogs up pretty much instantly unless you manually turn them on now.
The A/C still works the same way, it will turn on or off automatically as needed. The button is there as a manual override. You will notice it turn on and off by itself in auto mode.

The defrost behavior shouldn’t change either, that’s controlled by the HVAC module which wasn’t updated here.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
That's odd, I too received the 3.5.3 OTA on Friday. Have been driving through rain for three days and haven't had the windshield fogging up. Don't know why the behavior seems different. I have a job 2 vehicle.
Yep, it was a rainy and chilly weekend here. Definitely fogged windows until I manually turned on the defoggers.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The A/C still works the same way, it will turn on or off automatically as needed. The button is there as a manual override. You will notice it turn on and off by itself in auto mode.

The defrost behavior shouldn’t change either, that’s controlled by the HVAC module which wasn’t updated here.
Odd because it didn’t turn on with the defoggers, and placing it on the main screen, directly beneath the auto switch would lead one to believe it no longer engages automatically (we’ve had fall weather).

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
I'm noticing a bug sometimes after this update installed. Sometimes when we get in it goes to the guest profile, and hitting the memory recall on the door does nothing, nor does going into the app drawer and manually selecting a profile. It's just stuck on guest and there's nothing we can do. Turning the car off and then back on doesn't help it, but if it sits off for a few hours and we come back then it all works correctly.

Anyone else seeing this?

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
I'm noticing a bug sometimes after this update installed. Sometimes when we get in it goes to the guest profile, and hitting the memory recall on the door does nothing, nor does going into the app drawer and manually selecting a profile. It's just stuck on guest and there's nothing we can do. Turning the car off and then back on doesn't help it, but if it sits off for a few hours and we come back then it all works correctly.

Anyone else seeing this?
I had this. Go into Settings and turn Profiles back on and things will go back to normal.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Anyone else seeing this?
Yep

smhenn

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag

Anyone else seeing this?
Doing a Sync reset (Hold down volumn and press the left arrow) also fixes the issue. I've had this happen 5 or 6 times now. Hopefully it gets fixed in a future update.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Doing a Sync reset (Hold down volumn and press the left arrow) also fixes the issue. I've had this happen 5 or 6 times now. Hopefully it gets fixed in a future update.
Sign me up, just got this bug today, almost non stop. Was running errands and almost every time I turned the car back on, I’d have to reboot sync.

Memory button doesn’t work, clicking my profile doesn’t work, turning profiles off and on doesn’t work and clearly a full shutdown of 30 minutes doesn’t work. Only fix is to reboot sync. What a bummer.

smhenn

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Sign me up, just got this bug today, almost non stop. Was running errands and almost every time I turned the car back on, I’d have to reboot sync.

Memory button doesn’t work, clicking my profile doesn’t work, turning profiles off and on doesn’t work and clearly a full shutdown of 30 minutes doesn’t work. Only fix is to reboot sync. What a bummer.
@Ford Motor Company any word on this new bug?

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
I had this. Go into Settings and turn Profiles back on and things will go back to normal.
Just happened to me right now again. Profiles were already turned on. Toggling them off then on again did nothing to fix it.

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

Just started happening to me today too.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Installed for me today, not EA. I didn’t know it was being pushed to the general public yet.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 3.5.3 installed but no video streaming apps nor YouTube 421D8CD5-12EE-4FB8-A6B1-E4388E9F58EE