Power-Up 3.5.3 installed but no video streaming apps nor YouTube

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
In Canada, '22 GT PE - Got 3.5.3.3 about an hour ago. Apparently, streaming services are not available to cars in Canada (yet?)

So dumb.
Sponsored

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
In Canada, '22 GT PE - Got 3.5.3.3 about an hour ago. Apparently, streaming services are not available to cars in Canada (yet?)

So dumb.
šŸ˜¢
Canada here too. I just got 3.5.3 on my 2021 Job 2 as of a few hours ago. What does no streaming services mean?

I got the AC button and new games/Entertainment tab.

Do you have Alexa on yours? So you canā€™t play music/get news/podcasts via Alexa? How about if youā€™re on WiFi or phone tethering?

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
šŸ˜¢
Canada here too. I just got 3.5.3 on my 2021 Job 2 as of a few hours ago. What does no streaming services mean?

I got the AC button and new games/Entertainment tab.

Do you have Alexa on yours? So you canā€™t play music/get news/podcasts via Alexa? How about if youā€™re on WiFi or phone tethering?
I just found the answer to my questionā€¦ I suspect itā€™ll be similar for the US.

https://www.ford.ca/support/how-tos...a-features-are-available-for-my-ford-vehicle/

So basically you only get the streaming media services over the carā€™s built-in cellular connection if you pay the monthly(?) fee. I suppose it makes sense that someone has to pay šŸ’° for the cellular data.

Given that Iā€™m already paying my cell phone bill and music services on YouTube and Amazon, Iā€™ll probably just be sticking to Apple CarPlayā€¦ šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

No thank you, Ford! šŸ˜”

Matstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag

So dumb.
Streaming services is available in Canada.

But Youtube is not available in Canada while available in US.

Apparently for @Ford Motor Company and @Ford of Canada the satisfaction of its Canadian customers is less important than its US customers....

cjfarmer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E premium RWD
Country flag
Just got this installed, along with a survey about streaming. However, no streaming apps are available in this update. I didn't get the YouTube and NBC apps like the leaked 3.5.3.3 developer build?

This is an APIM update that likely requires the other 3.X updates to be installed first. 2022 Early Access only so far. I already received Lane Change and the other games in a previous update, so the release notes are not very helpful like usual:

Version: 22228_PRODUCT
Revision: 539

IMG_1112.PNG
has anyone have an issue i got the upload and i have no screen
Just got this installed, along with a survey about streaming. However, no streaming apps are available in this update. I didn't get the YouTube and NBC apps like the leaked 3.5.3.3 developer build?

This is an APIM update that likely requires the other 3.X updates to be installed first. 2022 Early Access only so far. I already received Lane Change and the other games in a previous update, so the release notes are not very helpful like usual:

Version: 22228_PRODUCT
Revision: 539

IMG_1112.PNG
i got the update today, and i lost everything screen blank. unable to access settings . lost everything even my station i had program is no longer available. .

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
has anyone have an issue i got the upload and i have no screen

i got the update today, and i lost everything screen blank. unable to access settings . lost everything even my station i had program is no longer available. .
Come back to the car in an hour, and if its still blank reboot the screen by holding Vol - and >.

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
Streaming services is available in Canada.

But Youtube is not available in Canada while available in US.

Apparently for @Ford Motor Company and @Ford of Canada the satisfaction of its Canadian customers is less important than its US customers....
I don't see any streaming services in my car. Only games. Apparently, you can still stream when tethered to a phone's data plan; you don't need a data plan on the car itself.

I was finally able to dismiss that damn alexa icon at the top next to the driver profiles, so I got that going for me which is nice.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Question:

Is the streaming supposed to work over wifi with no other activation of Alexa or Ford Streaming?

Iā€™ve gotten the updates but so far the streaming doesnā€™t work on wifi in my garage. I checked the network and the car is connected to my home network with a good signal.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Question:

Is the streaming supposed to work over wifi with no other activation of Alexa or Ford Streaming?

Iā€™ve gotten the updates but so far the streaming doesnā€™t work on wifi in my garage. I checked the network and the car is connected to my home network with a good signal.
Yes. Do a speed test on your phone while in your car to check the signal. Works fine on my WiFi in my garage. It requires a strong signal to work well.

Bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MachE GT Performance
Occupation
VP
Country flag

So dumb.
Just tried my 2022 GT PE in the garage, home WIFI is connected but no video icons appear

BudC

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Select RWD Star White Metallic
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Select (built 10/25) doesn't have the streaming apps...so I guess they weren't officially released by my build date?

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Power-Up 3.5.3 installed but no video streaming apps nor YouTube 4689A51F-7292-4BAE-BC71-FB225D206EAF
Well, unfortunately my car updated to this bug riddled software rev tonight. So now my 2 week old car, which was fine this morning, is having the same CarPlay connection issues my 2021 had. Gotta love a company that continues to push out an update even though they know itā€™s flawed.

@Ford Motor Company any update on fixing these issues?

Iā€™m really beginning to agree with Consumer Reports in their assessment of Fordā€™s reliability when it comes to software
Sponsored