'Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power' followed by 'Service Vehicle Soon' alert displayed

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD extended range
Country flag
Holy cow! now I'm glad I'm still waiting... i will be watching this thread and forum very closely over the next few weeks to see if I will actually make the final purchase.

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
I feel much better about pulling the plug on MME order and going with the Model Y. Reading all of these issues is very concerning, and I hope they are easily fixed.
This seems a little like "confirmation bias." And, I would truly like to be respectful of a differing opinion, especially one that does have some facts behind it. However, I have been on a number of Tesla forums, and I hope you have as well, because you're going to see as many, if not more issues like this reported on Tesla vehicles.

I have an MME order that has just finished the build process, and I can easily back out and get a refund. I don't see this changing my mind. These reports do not concern me, even though I believe them to be valid, and I am sure that they are concerning to those experiencing them.

As a matter of fact, I will be very surprised if Ford does not work hard to make sure that early adopters, like us, are made whole and happy with their purchasing decision. They have now invested billions into moving into the EV market, and the cost to make sure that those experiencing problems like this are handled, will be miniscule compared to the bad press they will receive, if they do not take care of these same customers. Of course that is nothing but speculation on my part, but I do believe it to be the case. Only time will tell.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This seems a little like "confirmation bias." And, I would truly like to be respectful of a differing opinion, especially one that does have some facts behind it. However, I have been on a number of Tesla forums, and I hope you have as well, because you're going to see as many, if not more issues like this reported on Tesla vehicles.

I have an MME order that has just finished the build process, and I can easily back out and get a refund. I don't see this changing my mind. These reports do not concern me, even though I believe them to be valid, and I am sure that they are concerning to those experiencing them.

As a matter of fact, I will be very surprised if Ford does not work hard to make sure that early adopters, like us, are made whole and happy with their purchasing decision. They have now invested billions into moving into the EV market, and the cost to make sure that those experiencing problems like this are handled, will be miniscule compared to the bad press they will receive, if they do not take care of these same customers. Of course that is nothing but speculation on my part, but I do believe it to be the case. Only time will tell.
I welcome their support right now, but it’s not happening just yet. Will be at the dealer Monday for a another discovery session. I’m persistent, if the next visit doesn’t yield results or I leave and the issue returns, I will be taking a much different approach.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

Just saying, 1000 miles and no issues. Mine was involved in the speedway delay too.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 'Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power' followed by 'Service Vehicle Soon' alert displayed B968D361-9E3C-4385-B090-700A19BE1BE5

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
How’s your miles per kWh over the 1000 miles so far?
Here’s today’s example 2.5. A trip in the cold and in light snow. Temp set to 68, auto 1 setting. Usually in the 2s for miles per kWh but it’s been below freezing most days.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 'Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power' followed by 'Service Vehicle Soon' alert displayed 46CFDD6D-8879-48F7-A61B-FC428C43CBB6

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
I welcome their support right now, but it’s not happening just yet. Will be at the dealer Monday for a another discovery session. I’m persistent, if the next visit doesn’t yield results or I leave and the issue returns, I will be taking a much different approach.
I agree. If you don't get the satisfaction you should, I would push hard too. You may have to be a little loud to get noticed, but I hope that it doesn't come to that for you. Good luck.

Tpaguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Here’s today’s example 2.5. A trip in the cold and in light snow. Temp set to 68, auto 1 setting. Usually in the 2s for miles per kWh but it’s been below freezing most days.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 'Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power' followed by 'Service Vehicle Soon' alert displayed 46CFDD6D-8879-48F7-A61B-FC428C43CBB6
That’s a good baseline to have. I achieved 3.7 mi/kWh in much warmer weather (in the 70s), although it didn’t have highway driving in that mix (stayed below 60mph). Thanks for sharing!

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Just saying, 1000 miles and no issues. Mine was involved in the speedway delay too.

B968D361-9E3C-4385-B090-700A19BE1BE5.jpeg
Congrats, you are lucky as many others are and will be too, now I feel bad. Only sharing my experience to see if others are in the same boat, which so far is just a small amount. Again I don't doubt they will be rectified by Ford. Nothing is perfect, I have the luck of doing many things more than once, just ask my ex-wifes. Ok only 1 ex but two rings and only one marriage is true. Making a joke, but I am blessed with doing some things over and over, it's the early adopter syndrome.

In the end fit and finish are perfect, I am lucky there.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

I hope when you get your car, you won’t have any issues.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

I’m really glad you haven’t had any issues. I want Ford to succeed. Also, I want the people that I’ve been interacting with for several months on this board to have a great experience with their new cars.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Congrats, you are lucky as many others are and will be too, now I feel bad.
In the end fit and finish are perfect, I am lucky there.
This wasn't directed at you. At all. But don't feel bad. Just think of it as being "special". ;)

I feel much better about pulling the plug on MME order and going with the Model Y. Reading all of these issues is very concerning, and I hope they are easily fixed.
This may make you feel worse, but after driving the MME for a few days, and with having the Service Vehicle Soon issue, I would not consider the MY. The MME is absolutely a step up in just about every way. I've only driven the MY once -- pandemic side effect -- but I've driven the MS many times and, nice as that car is, I prefer the driving dynamics of the MME. Hard to describe. It's a strange cross between an Expedition and a Mustang, but somehow it works.

I also can't see equating brake light failures and detached control arms (there is a reason for the Much Worse Than Average" rating) to what may be a cosmetic software error (not the OP's). Seems the textbook definition of "false equivalency".
Sponsored