'Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power' followed by 'Service Vehicle Soon' alert displayed

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It didn’t occur to me to do this. With 60 miles on the MMe I took a quick trip from Ann Arbor to Mt. Pleasant. 165 miles in the cold left me with almost no charge. Luckily I already had an account with ChargePoint from the Bolt, and the station worked fine (but didn’t show up on the Ford navigation). I did have trouble unplugging it though, and almost had to dig into the frunk and figure out how to get to the ejection/rip cord.
Good part of the manual to print and put in the glove box :)

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 7.50.57 AM.png
Sponsored

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag

If it didn’t require removing the frunk panels, I would have yanked it. I suspect if/when I do remove them, Ill leave this hanging through the gap (mine has a gap on the drivers side that I might actually make use of (eg, trickle charge cord, charging station release cord, etc)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E 'Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power' followed by 'Service Vehicle Soon' alert displayed Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 7.55.50 AM
Remember that the FordPass app on your phone gives you the access to the owners manual. Unfortunately my FordPass app currently only gives me a Ford Edge manual :mad:

That's a good reason to keep a pdf of the Mach E manuals at the ready as well. You can store the pdf on your phone or keep it handy in Dropbox or other cloud storage.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If it didn’t require removing the frunk panels, I would have yanked it. I suspect if/when I do remove them, Ill leave this hanging through the gap (mine has a gap on the drivers side that I might actually make use of (eg, trickle charge cord, charging station release cord, etc)
IIRC the cords are too short on this disconnect to hang it out the gap.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It didn’t occur to me to do this. With 60 miles on the MMe I took a quick trip from Ann Arbor to Mt. Pleasant. 165 miles in the cold left me with almost no charge. Luckily I already had an account with ChargePoint from the Bolt, and the station worked fine (but didn’t show up on the Ford navigation). I did have trouble unplugging it though, and almost had to dig into the frunk and figure out how to get to the ejection/rip cord.
Everyone should keep in mind that the J-1772/CCS charging ports are brand new in your cars. It can be a bit sticky and some wiggling and light elbow grease may be needed to insert/remove.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Everyone should keep in mind that the J-1772/CCS charging ports are brand new in your cars. It can be a bit sticky and some wiggling and light elbow grease may be needed to insert/remove.
But not to be confused with locking that takes place with CCS. If the MME will not release it on it's own you are going to have to manually release the lock.

Really just informational just in case one tries with force it's not releasing. Not to damage the charge port. Also noting that the J-1772 also tight but does not lock inlace.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
But not to be confused with locking that takes place with CCS. If the MME will not release it on it's own you are going to have to manually release the lock.

Really just informational just in case one tries with force it's not releasing. Not to damage the charge port. Also noting that the J-1772 also tight but does not lock inlace.
Correct. My J-1772 connection at home is snug, the CCS was locked and would not release. Pressing the “button” on the CCS stopped the charge, but it remained locked. Cycling the car on/of may have helped release it (not sure), but I was close enough to pulling the Manual Release cord that I researched it in the moment.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Doesn't the J-1772 latch in place? IIRC, while it doesn't lock in place with an electronic lock like the CCS, there is still a latch that snaps to hold the J-1772 secure.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Correct. My J-1772 connection at home is snug, the CCS was locked and would not release. Pressing the “button” on the CCS stopped the charge, but it remained locked. Cycling the car on/of may have helped release it (not sure), but I was close enough to pulling the Manual Release cord that I researched it in the moment.
Did the unlock button next to the car's charging port (inside the 5 segment ring) not work?

OP
OP
SAVAGE

SAVAGE

First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
Here is a pic of the sync version. I haven't had a need to drive the car since they brought it back on Friday and the weather has been crappy anyways. Unfortunately the closet DCFC to me is about 30 miles away but when the weather get nicer in the week, I will take a drive and test it out. I was hopeful that the software update would address how laggy the screen has been but it appears that is still the same.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 'Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power' followed by 'Service Vehicle Soon' alert displayed 1613916268123

Reactions: UW2

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Doesn't the J-1772 latch in place? IIRC, while it doesn't lock in place with an electronic lock like the CCS, there is still a latch that snaps to hold the J-1772 secure.
Correct, just doesn’t lock to stop removal like CCS.
Sorry if I wasn’t clear

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Correct, just doesn’t lock to stop removal like CCS.
Sorry if I wasn’t clear
No worries, just clarifying. I would have run out to the car to double check if I could have.
Sponsored