'Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power' followed by 'Service Vehicle Soon' alert displayed

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
I am curious what you are referring to. Are you thinking dealers should have DCFC at their locations? That would be a very unreasonable expectation. I doubt they even have electrical service that would allow such a thing. DCFC stations take a TON of power.
Not so far fetched, GM does it for thier dealers that carry EVs. Atleast one located within the Service center.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Not so far fetched, GM does it for thier dealers that carry EVs. Atleast one located within the Service center.
I suppose one 25kw unit might be possible. Would allow them to at least test the fast charging modules and other related systems.

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Any update on your car?
No. The car is still at the dealership. This is so frustrating. Had the car for about 2 days and it’s been over 10 days it’s at the dealership. I’m cutting them some slack due to the winter storms we had here in Texas this past week. But I really hope I get my car back early this following week.

Reactions: UW2

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
No. The car is still at the dealership. This is so frustrating. Had the car for about 2 days and it’s been over 10 days it’s at the dealership. I’m cutting them some slack due to the winter storms we had here in Texas this past week. But I really hope I get my car back early this following week.
I forget, what was your issue?

don’t feel bad, I’m not far behind you. I’m sure they are working on it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I have two missing somewhere deep under the hood. Such a pain to remove!! Hinges would have been appreciated. Especially when working on it in 22 degrees.
I only lost one but I broke off a built-in one.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Doesn't look like your version of SYNC 4 has changed. Must have just been updates to various modules themselves.
I don't think the update includes the Sync4A system. It lists:
• PCM – Powertrain Control Module
• SOBDM – Secondary On Board Control Module
• BECM – Battery Energy Control Module
• SOBDMB – Secondary On Board Control Module B • SOBDMC – Secondary On Board Control Module C
• ABS – Anti-lock Brake System

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So does Nissan. In fact, some Nissan dealers have two.

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I forget, what was your issue?

don’t feel bad, I’m not far behind you. I’m sure they are working on it.
Mine was showing the message “Powertrain Malfunction/ Power Reduced” with a yellow wrench icon

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Got a call this afternoon from the dealership. They said they have master reset every component, tested the components, ground, and everything and said they are not seeing any error codes. They THINK the problem is solved, and Ford told them that maybe I was charging at a non dedicated 15A breaker 120V outlet. Ford said you need to charge at a dedicated 20A breaker outlet.
I haven’t measured the amperage yet, but I know for sure it wasn’t a dedicated breaker for the outlet I was using. I was using an 120V, until I got the 240V installed.
I might have the car back tomorrow. Let’s see how it goes.

@SAVAGE, is your car still showing any message?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
If the breaker didn’t trip, it’s unlikely that was the issue.
Agreed - I hate it when so-called experts say things like that.
Years ago, I had some help desk person tell me that about my PC. I replied "Oh, should I also wave a dead chicken?" He wasn't amused.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Got a call this afternoon from the dealership. They said they have master reset every component, tested the components, ground, and everything and said they are not seeing any error codes. They THINK the problem is solved, and Ford told them that maybe I was charging at a non dedicated 15A breaker 120V outlet. Ford said you need to charge at a dedicated 20A breaker outlet.
I haven’t measured the amperage yet, but I know for sure it wasn’t a dedicated breaker for the outlet I was using. I was using an 120V, until I got the 240V installed.
I might have the car back tomorrow. Let’s see how it goes.

@SAVAGE, is your car still showing any message?
The old master reset and customer fault.

Did it take them 10 days just for a master reset or your local weather was really impacting their ability to work on your MME?

Will it be back home today?

I am still at the dealer since Monday 2/15, they say it should be done by today but haven't heard from the dealer yet of such.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I am curious what you are referring to. Are you thinking dealers should have DCFC at their locations? That would be a very unreasonable expectation. I doubt they even have electrical service that would allow such a thing. DCFC stations take a TON of power.
You're right. But it might make sense in places where you have a bunch of dealers one after another (e.g. Camelback in Phoenix), for the dealers to get together and install a couple of non-public DCFC for their use. Share the cost and share the benefits.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I feel much better about pulling the plug on MME order and going with the Model Y. Reading all of these issues is very concerning, and I hope they are easily fixed.
Ignore

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The old master reset and customer fault.

Did it take them 10 days just for a master reset or your local weather was really impacting their ability to work on your MME?

Will it be back home today?

I am still at the dealer since Monday 2/15, they say it should be done by today but haven't heard from the dealer yet of such.
15 days to be more exact. The week of Feb 15 was when the storm hit and they only got back to work on it on Thursday Feb 18.
Still, time enough I would say. :-(

Should be back today. waiting.
Sponsored