'Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power' followed by 'Service Vehicle Soon' alert displayed

0CO2

First Name
0CO2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Occupation
Academic
Country flag
Thanks for that. A previous search indicated we didn't have a lemon law. Perhaps this gives me leverage in getting a less lame response from Ford in resolving these issues. All previous issues escalated to Ford engineering have disappeared into the ether...
Sponsored

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Thanks for that. A previous search indicated we didn't have a lemon law. Perhaps this gives me leverage in getting a less lame response from Ford in resolving these issues. All previous issues escalated to Ford engineering have disappeared into the ether...
I’d take the car to get the dealer for repair. It’s not useable if you can’t charge it.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Looks like I am joining this group this morning. Car did not pre-condition this morning. Got in it, and it has the Service Vehicle Soon message.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Looks like I am joining this group this morning. Car did not pre-condition this morning. Got in it, and it has the Service Vehicle Soon message.
Was the MME in your garage? Door open or closed? Was it outside in your driveway?

Do you have a PowerTrain fault in the FordPass App or a different message?

Going to need a bit more info.. Not all issues are the same etc.

Take the MME out for a few miles, turn it off and let it sit for 5 minutes, does the error go away?

If so there is nothing wrong with your MME aside from it dropping communication messages.

This something Ford has to figure out, but it appears to be cosmetic (BUG) at this point of time.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Was the MME in your garage? Door open or closed? Was it outside in your driveway?

Do you have a PowerTrain fault in the FordPass App or a different message?

Going to need a bit more info.. Not all issues are the same etc.

Take the MME out for a few miles, turn it off and let it sit for 5 minutes, does the error go away?

If so there is nothing wrong with your MME aside from it dropping communication messages.

This something Ford has to figure out, but it appears to be cosmetic (BUG) at this point of time.
I appreciate your efforts! I'm not highly stressed about this, the car is still moving.

Car was outside, plugged in overnight last night. FordPass app had the PowerTrain fault message after I received the Service Vehicle Soon on the screen. I did drive it to work this morning, then again a few minutes ago. The message is now gone. Only residual difficulties seem to be that PAAK has died. My app shows it connected, but the car says no even after it unlocks the doors. Backup start code is working though.

The lack of preconditioning may be unrelated as it appears all of my departure times have been wiped in FordPass now. So I'd guess that is a seperate bug.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I appreciate your efforts! I'm not highly stressed about this, the car is still moving.

Car was outside, plugged in overnight last night. FordPass app had the PowerTrain fault message after I received the Service Vehicle Soon on the screen. I did drive it to work this morning, then again a few minutes ago. The message is now gone. Only residual difficulties seem to be that PAAK has died. My app shows it connected, but the car says no even after it unlocks the doors. Backup start code is working though.

The lack of preconditioning may be unrelated as it appears all of my departure times have been wiped in FordPass now. So I'd guess that is a seperate bug.
Sounds about right, I think the first OTA will address some of these issues.

Ford does get an alert when these errors do popup for us (among a billion others), so it's just a matter of time when they address it if not part of the first OTA.

For now I am just using the bulky FOB until it's solid.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Are OTA's going to be reported by Ford Pas app when they come available so that you can position your car at a wifi connection for the update? or is that not necessary to have wifi to get the update?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Are OTA's going to be reported by Ford Pas app when they come available so that you can position your car at a wifi connection for the update? or is that not necessary to have wifi to get the update?
Yes, will look like this.

IMG_1816.jpg

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - Premium
Country flag
I am not reporting anything new here. I have had the car since early Feb and I get a Powertrain fault error about once a week. I have been in close communication with my dealership. They reported the same thing that others have said on this thread: Ford is aware of the error messages and they should have a software fix by May/June. It seems the issue is sort of a false error of some sort and not hyper critical to the car's performance. The dealership didn't seem to think it was even affecting the power. But more of a software issue. One of the modules is emitting trouble codes when there is no trouble.

This was usually associated with charging the car. After every charge one would pop up. So the dealership ,as directed by Ford, recommended that when I charge the car I should do this little trick: Insert the charger then unplug it quickly and then put it back in ?. This actually works pretty well, because I used to get one every time I charged the car. I do this when I plug it in and unplug it and it helps a bit. Don't forget to hold down the lock button and break your charger.

However this last weekend I started getting them when not charging the car. I called my dealership and they said they are seeing the same trouble codes on my car as before ( then can look them up if they have your VIN number) so they don't think it is anything to worry about.

Anyone else getting this message with more frequency?

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
I am not reporting anything new here. I have had the car since early Feb and I get a Powertrain fault error about once a week. I have been in close communication with my dealership. They reported the same thing that others have said on this thread: Ford is aware of the error messages and they should have a software fix by May/June. It seems the issue is sort of a false error of some sort and not hyper critical to the car's performance. The dealership didn't seem to think it was even affecting the power. But more of a software issue. One of the modules is emitting trouble codes when there is no trouble.

This was usually associated with charging the car. After every charge one would pop up. So the dealership ,as directed by Ford, recommended that when I charge the car I should do this little trick: Insert the charger then unplug it quickly and then put it back in ?. This actually works pretty well, because I used to get one every time I charged the car. I do this when I plug it in and unplug it and it helps a bit. Don't forget to hold down the lock button and break your charger.

However this last weekend I started getting them when not charging the car. I called my dealership and they said they are seeing the same trouble codes on my car as before ( then can look them up if they have your VIN number) so they don't think it is anything to worry about.

Anyone else getting this message with more frequency?
check this thread:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...uring-the-high-voltage-charging-process.4922/

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - Premium
Country flag
Thank you tomterky. I got my car back on Saturday and I haven't seen the issue crop up. The reset the modules according to that Technical Service Bulletin and it hasn't kicked up any new errors.

Racdos

First Name
Rac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium, Audi Q5
Country flag
I get the power train malfunction alert every time I pull my Mach-e into the garage. After taking it to the dealership multiple time they were unable to reproduce the issue. After Ford came back with no problem found I spent the evening trying to get it to trigger. Ended up figuring out that it was some kind of EMI issue in my garage. I called the dealership out and was able to reproduce while they had the diagnostics equipment hooked up. They were able to see some dropped messages and sent the data back to Ford. They determined that it may be an issue with the charge port and are going to replace it. I also just got the FSA software calibration update request.

Mach-E FE GB AWD ER NOV 28
Shipped DEC 28
having the same issue after picking up the Mach E yesterday.
Hopefully this information will help the dealer sort it out quickly

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Most likely not this problem, that would be crazy.
Just as an update, per your suggestion I unplugged the power wall adapter closest to the charger (on the other side of the wall) and haven't gotten the fault and the "Service Vehicle Soon" message since. Seems like the power wall was my issue as well.
Sponsored