'Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power' followed by 'Service Vehicle Soon' alert displayed

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Just as an update, per your suggestion I unplugged the power wall adapter closest to the charger (on the other side of the wall) and haven't gotten the fault and the "Service Vehicle Soon" message since. Seems like the power wall was my issue as well.
We love a good mystery :)

Glad you solved it!

Ford is still working on it, I will ask them this week for an update.
Sponsored

Othentic

First Name
Benoit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium | Audi Q5 | Hyundai Kona Electric
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
Luck of the draw, it appears this impacts a small subset of owners but as more take delivery the list could grow.
Well it's been impacting me since day one. Had this message when I had like 50km on it.

Now, 3 months later, my MME has been at the dealer for 9 straight days. They did what Ford told them to do and it bricked the car. Now they don't know what to do....

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Well it's been impacting me since day one. Had this message when I had like 50km on it.

Now, 3 months later, my MME has been at the dealer for 9 straight days. They did what Ford told them to do and it bricked the car. Now they don't know what to do....
Would it not have been easier to remove the offending device?

You have the same exact problems as I documented?

BlueDvlTxn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Explorer Sport, 2017 Fusion Energi
Country flag
I’ve been having this problem for a few weeks now. However - in my case it repeatedly happens when using remote start from FordPass and I get in and just start the car to go. It also happens if the scheduled start occurred while not plugged in. If I only start the car after entering it does not happen. It typically clears after sitting for a few minutes then starting again (such as a subsequent trip). I definitely feel like it’s just a software bug as driving has not been impacted, and the error clears in subsequent drives. I’ll take it to the dealer soon - but wanted to gather data first (keeping the messages in FordPass for historical use).

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I’ve been having this problem for a few weeks now. However - in my case it repeatedly happens when using remote start from FordPass and I get in and just start the car to go. It also happens if the scheduled start occurred while not plugged in. If I only start the car after entering it does not happen. It typically clears after sitting for a few minutes then starting again (such as a subsequent trip). I definitely feel like it’s just a software bug as driving has not been impacted, and the error clears in subsequent drives. I’ll take it to the dealer soon - but wanted to gather data first (keeping the messages in FordPass for historical use).
Yes that one has a fix already for it I think. Ford did put out a bulletin on it too.

Take it to the dealer and have all modules updated.

Will take a few hours.

BlueDvlTxn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Explorer Sport, 2017 Fusion Energi
Country flag
Yes that one has a fix already for it I think. Ford did put out a bulletin on it too.

Take it to the dealer and have all modules updated.

Will take a few hours.
Awesome - I hadn’t found a thread on that particular issue so wasn’t sure it was addressed yet or not. I was leery just taking it to the dealer and hoping for the best. Anyone know what the TSB/etc might be? Or the thread this is discussed? I’m not sure my dealer is one to just update all the modules upon request. Thanks!

Othentic

First Name
Benoit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium | Audi Q5 | Hyundai Kona Electric
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
Would it not have been easier to remove the offending device?

You have the same exact problems as I documented?
I guess yes it would be easier. I'm not even sure if they know what the problem is. The dealer doesn't know anything in fact. They are just waiting for Ford to tell them what to do. It's been 13 days now and still nothing...

I don't know if it's the same problem cause theY,re being pretty tight lipped but even if they said something, I could I know if it was the truth?

Juerg82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Hy Guys. Sorry my english istn that good because im from switzerland. perhaps someone of you can help me.
I get my brandnew mme awd er on 7.June. One week later, after 400 kilometers, after a charging seesion in a public parking garage the "Powertrain Malfunction" pops up.
I could not get a gear in. The mme still felt in the P. I want to do it in the D oder R, but it always jump back in P. Also the electronic Parking Break cant get out.
So the Ford Service take it on a truck and bring it to my dealer. now nobody from these swiss guys can fix it. After 14 days they orderd a new drive train in mexico. but i dont believe thats the reason of the problem...
what do you think about it. Did someone had the same problem?

Thanks from JĂĽrg Switzerland

sattian

First Name
Anoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I have the same issue as well. The messages popped up two weeks ago when I was in Naples, FL on a vacation. The firs message says "Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power" and another that says "High Voltage Battery Warning". It popped up while I was driving. Once I parked the car, it turned to a brick. It had to be towed to a dealer (Coconut Point Ford) and the dealer said it only required a software update (It took 2 days). I was grateful for it and after our vacation, we were driving back to Atlanta when the same message popped up again, in the middle of the interstate. I was able to drive it back to the dealer where I bought the car (Hennessy Ford, Atlanta). The dealer kept the car for 4 days and said they did another software update and that the other dealer missed an update for a particular module. Picked up the vehicle and started driving and after 40 miles, same message again! Took it to another dealer (Mike Fitzpatrick Ford in Newnan, GA). The technician looked at the service history and said I would have to leave it with him or he could reset the car so that it would allow me drive to a Ford dealer close to my home (Auburn, AL). I agreed to reset and drove home when the messages came up again, but fortunately 5 mins from the Ford dealer here. I parked the car (brick) and gave a synopsis of the issues to this dealer. Unfortunately this dealer is not electric car certified yet and said they would have to call someone from Ford to come and look at the issues. I initially thought it was happening after I used a DC Fast Charger to charge it, each time I got these messages. Now, I am not so sure. I am not even sure if Ford knows what is going on with the car. I left it with the dealer last Thursday ... so far no word on when it will be repaired or what is wrong with it. Frustrated!

HDer

First Name
Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
InfiniteBlueRt1, 07XterraManual
Country flag
Got this error two days after we got the car. No noticeable symptoms. Going to the dealer in a couple of days. Hopefully won’t be too bad.
Sponsored