krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I get this warning coming on the instrument cluster with a red wrench below about every three drives. Took it to the dealer, they had it for three days talking with Ford. They updated software and performed a TSB. The warning is back again, right after I drove it home. I can see no effect on the powertrain so maybe a software issue? I told them I am not bringing it back until they know how to fix it. Anyone else seeing this one? It also comes up on the app.
Sponsored

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I get this warning coming on the instrument cluster with a red wrench below about every three drives. Took it to the dealer, they had it for three days talking with Ford. They updated software and performed a TSB. The warning is back again, right after I drove it home. I can see no effect on the powertrain so maybe a software issue? I told them I am not bringing it back until they know how to fix it. Anyone else seeing this one? It also comes up on the app.
Do you have any powerline Ethernet devices in your house?
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...update-3-26-issue-identified.3329/post-141978

OP
OP
krafty81

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
You may be right! It only comes on pulling out of my garage. My solar system uses that I think. Will test.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
You may be right! It only comes on pulling out of my garage. My solar system uses that I think. Will test.
And Ford is aware and working on it. The thread I created documented my encounter with it.

MachEPilot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E X
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
We just experienced this with our MME too.
We have a power line ethernet device on our solar panel inverter.

Othentic

First Name
Benoit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium | Audi Q5 | Hyundai Kona Electric
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
I had this message too the first week. brought it to the dealer... did some updates and it disappeared for a while...

it came back last week.

Now it's been a week that the dealer is working on it. Seems like they did an update that Ford asked them to do and it bricked the car (on the ABS breaking system). (This was last thursday). Then Ford told them they would call them back in 4 open days. I am still waiting to know what's happening with my car.

3 months of ownership and already 8 days to the dealer.

Othentic

First Name
Benoit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium | Audi Q5 | Hyundai Kona Electric
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
I had this message too the first week. brought it to the dealer... did some updates and it disappeared for a while...

it came back last week.

Now it's been a week that the dealer is working on it. Seems like they did an update that Ford asked them to do and it bricked the car (on the ABS breaking system). (This was last thursday). Then Ford told them they would call them back in 4 open days. I am still waiting to know what's happening with my car.

3 months of ownership and already 8 days to the dealer.
Got some news from the dealer today. They did all the updates provided by Ford and... nothing. Back to square one. They don't have a clue what to do. So we're still waiting for Ford to find a solution...

Stefano_T

First Name
Stefano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Occupation
Interior Designer
Country flag
Hi, guys, I had this on the 1st of Jan 2022 and I have a service booked during the next few days hoping they know what is happening.
I know there is a recall on my First edition to update the software but I don't think is related to this issue.
At the moment the car drives without any sort of problem.
It happened to me after I put the car on a public charger and after a while, the charging was stopped.
When I collected the car I saw the red colours around the plug, I unplugged the car and I drove away, after a few miles I had the message in orange on the dashboard however I was able to drive home for about 50 miles; till today I charged the car already a few times after that episode.
I will update you next week after the service is done.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi, guys, I had this on the 1st of Jan 2022 and I have a service booked during the next few days hoping they know what is happening.
I know there is a recall on my First edition to update the software but I don't think is related to this issue.
At the moment the car drives without any sort of problem.
It happened to me after I put the car on a public charger and after a while, the charging was stopped.
When I collected the car I saw the red colours around the plug, I unplugged the car and I drove away, after a few miles I had the message in orange on the dashboard however I was able to drive home for about 50 miles; till today I charged the car already a few times after that episode.
I will update you next week after the service is done.
Hi there, Stefano! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and name & location of your Ford dealership, I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

PugPony

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
My wife was unfortunately on the receiving end of this warning message on a quick run to grab coffee early this morning. Seemed to resolve after she powered the car off and then on again. She reports that when she tried to drive to a safe place to pull over, the car seemed to accelerate when she lifted off the pedal; not good. I'm wondering if somehow the cruise control kicked on. Again, this resolved after powering off and then back on.

But then about 15 minutes after she got home and parked in the garage, she heard a thud in the garage and discovered that the rear liftgate had opened on its own. (I've seen those threads, too.) Thankfully, no damage from that and I have disabled the automatic liftgate feature for now.

Have a service appointment scheduled tomorrow morning to see if they can find any issues and to at least get this incident documented. From what I've been able to find in the forums, the latest TSB on the powertrain error predates my build (Nov./Dec. 2021). It was cold this morning when my wife drove it (about 35 F), but it had been in the garage and it was likely no cooler than 50 degrees in there overnight. Will try pre-conditioning before heading out in the morning on the way to the dealer. I drove it around to run a few errands during the day and had absolutely zero issues. I'm sensing these cars do not like the cold! We took delivery on Jan. 17th.

PugPony

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
My wife was unfortunately on the receiving end of this warning message on a quick run to grab coffee early this morning. Seemed to resolve after she powered the car off and then on again. She reports that when she tried to drive to a safe place to pull over, the car seemed to accelerate when she lifted off the pedal; not good. I'm wondering if somehow the cruise control kicked on. Again, this resolved after powering off and then back on.

But then about 15 minutes after she got home and parked in the garage, she heard a thud in the garage and discovered that the rear liftgate had opened on its own. (I've seen those threads, too.) Thankfully, no damage from that and I have disabled the automatic liftgate feature for now.

Have a service appointment scheduled tomorrow morning to see if they can find any issues and to at least get this incident documented. From what I've been able to find in the forums, the latest TSB on the powertrain error predates my build (Nov./Dec. 2021). It was cold this morning when my wife drove it (about 35 F), but it had been in the garage and it was likely no cooler than 50 degrees in there overnight. Will try pre-conditioning before heading out in the morning on the way to the dealer. I drove it around to run a few errands during the day and had absolutely zero issues. I'm sensing these cars do not like the cold! We took delivery on Jan. 17th.
Update: After three working days at the dealership's service department (they did not even look at the car the first two days), not surprisingly they were unable to determine a cause for any of the issues. But at least I have documented the issues should they arise again (hopefully not). Glad my pony is home!

JackMach-DET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
The "Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power" alert popped up on my MME this afternoon leaving work. There were no warnings this morning going to work.

@Ford Motor Company or anyone else have any recommendations before I take this to the dealer?

I have 3,288 miles and received the vehicle in July of 2021. I have received this warning before. The first time was the day I took delivery at home and before it left the driveway. The fix at that time was to turn it off and turn it back on. Are there any threads that help identify the issue or solution?

Thank you in advance!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
The "Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power" alert popped up on my MME this afternoon leaving work. There were no warnings this morning going to work.

@Ford Motor Company or anyone else have any recommendations before I take this to the dealer?

I have 3,288 miles and received the vehicle in July of 2021. I have received this warning before. The first time was the day I took delivery at home and before it left the driveway. The fix at that time was to turn it off and turn it back on. Are there any threads that help identify the issue or solution?

Thank you in advance!
Hey, good morning! I'd be happy to look further into the powertrain concerns you have with your Mach E. To get started, would you please send over a private message with your VIN and name/location of your local Ford dealer?

tino2know

First Name
Tino Rexach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Occupation
Director at University
Country flag
Hello TiNO from New Jersey here. I too got this error code last week and dropped off the Mach last night. I got a text message that they're still looking into the issue. I don't think the car was even touched. So what was the final resolution for the fixed?

tino2know

First Name
Tino Rexach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Occupation
Director at University
Country flag
And Ford is aware and working on it. The thread I created documented my encounter with it.
I do not have a ethernet port and i have the same issue for 3 weeks now. Comes and goes.
Sponsored