Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Kia Sorento, 2021 MME AWD EX Premium
Country flag
I get this warning coming on the instrument cluster with a red wrench below about every three drives. Took it to the dealer, they had it for three days talking with Ford. They updated software and performed a TSB. The warning is back again, right after I drove it home. I can see no effect on the powertrain so maybe a software issue? I told them I am not bringing it back until they know how to fix it. Anyone else seeing this one? It also comes up on the app.
Advertisement

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I get this warning coming on the instrument cluster with a red wrench below about every three drives. Took it to the dealer, they had it for three days talking with Ford. They updated software and performed a TSB. The warning is back again, right after I drove it home. I can see no effect on the powertrain so maybe a software issue? I told them I am not bringing it back until they know how to fix it. Anyone else seeing this one? It also comes up on the app.
Do you have any powerline Ethernet devices in your house?
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...update-3-26-issue-identified.3329/post-141978

OP
OP
krafty81

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Kia Sorento, 2021 MME AWD EX Premium
Country flag
You may be right! It only comes on pulling out of my garage. My solar system uses that I think. Will test.

machefan

Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BL on order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
You may be right! It only comes on pulling out of my garage. My solar system uses that I think. Will test.
And Ford is aware and working on it. The thread I created documented my encounter with it.

MachEPilot

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E X
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
We just experienced this with our MME too.
We have a power line ethernet device on our solar panel inverter.

Othentic

First Name
Benoit
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium | Audi Q5 | Hyundai Kona Electric
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
I had this message too the first week. brought it to the dealer... did some updates and it disappeared for a while...

it came back last week.

Now it's been a week that the dealer is working on it. Seems like they did an update that Ford asked them to do and it bricked the car (on the ABS breaking system). (This was last thursday). Then Ford told them they would call them back in 4 open days. I am still waiting to know what's happening with my car.

3 months of ownership and already 8 days to the dealer.

Othentic

First Name
Benoit
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium | Audi Q5 | Hyundai Kona Electric
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
I had this message too the first week. brought it to the dealer... did some updates and it disappeared for a while...

it came back last week.

Now it's been a week that the dealer is working on it. Seems like they did an update that Ford asked them to do and it bricked the car (on the ABS breaking system). (This was last thursday). Then Ford told them they would call them back in 4 open days. I am still waiting to know what's happening with my car.

3 months of ownership and already 8 days to the dealer.
Got some news from the dealer today. They did all the updates provided by Ford and... nothing. Back to square one. They don't have a clue what to do. So we're still waiting for Ford to find a solution...

Advertisement

Advertisement