Mcarter

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME premium AWD standard
Country flag
Picked up my Mach E Saturday afternoon, it arrived on Friday Morning. Got in it with my salesman and quickly noticed it had 16.1 miles already on it. Ask the salesman why it showed so many miles having just arrived off the delivery truck 1 day earlier, his only explanation was that they had to test drive it to make sure everything worked. Needless to say I wasn’t happy. My other problem is, I drove it ho e 2-3 miles if that from the dealership to my house and parked it. Got in later to set up FordPas, etc. started it up about2 hours later and got a message, POWERTRAIN MALFUNCTION/REDUCED POWER. Clicked on What is happening? And got message, A powertrain or ALL WHEEL DRIVE (AWD)/Four wheel drive (4wd) fault has been detected , contact your authorized dealer as soon as possible. Has anyone else experienced this, or seen this message in another thread? Got an appointment Wednesday at the dealer. Got the message and it still showed 100% charge.
Sponsored

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Picked up my Mach E Saturday afternoon, it arrived on Friday Morning. Got in it with my salesman and quickly noticed it had 16.1 miles already on it. Ask the salesman why it showed so many miles having just arrived off the delivery truck 1 day earlier, his only explanation was that they had to test drive it to make sure everything worked. Needless to say I wasn’t happy. My other problem is, I drove it ho e 2-3 miles if that from the dealership to my house and parked it. Got in later to set up FordPas, etc. started it up about2 hours later and got a message, POWERTRAIN MALFUNCTION/REDUCED POWER. Clicked on What is happening? And got message, A powertrain or ALL WHEEL DRIVE (AWD)/Four wheel drive (4wd) fault has been detected , contact your authorized dealer as soon as possible. Has anyone else experienced this, or seen this message in another thread? Got an appointment Wednesday at the dealer. Got the message and it still showed 100% charge.
Hmm they “had to test drive it”… looks like they are using the special sales technique…. You know…. Lying. Best of luck getting this sorted.

WJKramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
I have seen multiple Mach-Es "off the truck" at 38 miles. 16 seems low.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I had the same drivetrain error shortly after I got my car in March. I was leaving on a trip so I parked it and didn't get back for a month. When I got back and started the car, the error was gone. It hasn't returned.

OP
OP
Mcarter

Mcarter

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME premium AWD standard
Country flag
Thanks all for the feedback, I appreciate it. Glad to know others had miles on there as well. I was just curious because I bought a 4-runner back in March and it only had 3 miles on it. Yeah hoping this powertrain thing is just a glitch r something.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The power train problem was caused by you Draining the 12 volt battery .

When playing with the Mache always have it on. Not accessories power.

You didn’t hurt anything.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Hmm they “had to test drive it”… looks like they are using the special sales technique…. You know…. Lying. Best of luck getting this sorted.
The PMI literally says to drive it. Here it is for you. Step 5 in the PMI. Dealers get paid 1 hour of labor approx to PMI the car.

Mach-E's also seem to come with higher miles than most as they seem to test drive them at the factory. Some will come with 30+ miles and card inside that says they took it on an x additional mile drive.

PDF attached.

To OP. Restart the car see if it's ok. If not, take it in.
Ford Mustang Mach-E PowerTrain Malfunction 1636437578248

Attachments

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
The power train problem was caused by you Draining the 12 volt battery .

When playing with the Mache always have it on. Not accessories power.

You didn’t hurt anything.
This is 100% false. The Mach-E will manually transfer power from the HVB to the 12v no matter if you are completely off (only if necessary), in accessory mode, or fully on. The DC DC stays on like the car was fully on in accessory mode.

OP
OP
Mcarter

Mcarter

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME premium AWD standard
Country flag
Maybe because it’s a EV! I Bought a 4 Runner back in March and it only had 3 miles on it at time of purchase.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Mine had 18 miles on it and put another 10 when I test drove it.

For all others listening, be sure your dealer performs any available updates before you take delivery. This was an issue for some early adopters when dealers didn't follow Ford's directions.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Common mileage

AEB54EC9-649C-4F2F-958B-166576C07CD4.jpeg

Riotous

First Name
Riotous
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150, 2021 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I got that same PowerTrain error the day after I picked mine up. It went away and has not returned. Had 10 miles on the odometer when i got it.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
The PMI literally says to drive it. Here it is for you. Step 5 in the PMI. Dealers get paid 1 hour of labor approx to PMI the car.

Mach-E's also seem to come with higher miles than most as they seem to test drive them at the factory. Some will come with 30+ miles and card inside that says they took it on an x additional mile drive.

PDF attached.

To OP. Restart the car see if it's ok. If not, take it in.
Ford Mustang Mach-E PowerTrain Malfunction AEB54EC9-649C-4F2F-958B-166576C07CD4
Wow that’s quite a list. 16mi seems like a lot to do these checks but I learn something every day. Thanks

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
From what I understand from reading the forum, most of them leave MX with a good chunk of that 16 miles already on them. Moving them around the rail yards, etc. can account for another small chunk of that, then the dealer does their PDI and now you have 14-20 miles on the car.
Sponsored