Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
robzone.net
Vehicles
2023 GTPE. Space White Nite Pony
Country flag
It seems like power ups are crazy different for everyone. I got a new Mach E in June, I have power up 6.1.0, I think it updated once when I was driving around. How do I get updates? I have wifi turned on. So strange.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
It seems like power ups are crazy different for everyone. I got a new Mach E in June, I have power up 6.1.0, I think it updated once when I was driving around. How do I get updates? I have wifi turned on. So strange.
There is no systematic way in which OTA's are released for Ford vehicles. There is nothing you can do to trigger an OTA being sent to your vehicle.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
There is no systematic way in which OTA's are released for Ford vehicles. There is nothing you can do to trigger an OTA being sent to your vehicle.
Except drive it. If it sits, it won't update.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
Except drive it. If it sits, it won't update.
Kinda/sorta. When a non-inhibit OTA trigger is sent to a vehicle, starting the vehicle is what triggers the file download process to begin. Just putting the vehicle to KOEF is enough to trigger the process to start. Soon as you start it, the timer starts and you have two weeks for it to install before it will time out and fail. Starting the vehicle is what provides "consent" for the update process to start.

If it is an update that requires the vehicle to be inhibited like this one, things work a bit differently. These have a window of 30 days before they time out if it doesn't install and you have to wait for it to be resent. Having an auto-update schedule set is what will trigger the timer on these types of updates to start unless you manually start it yourself if you know it is in your queue. For these updates, driving it is not needed if you have auto-updates on and good SoC.

So there is a correlation with driving the vehicle and successful updates. You don't have to turn on your vehicle to receive an update, but you do have to turn it on to give the update a chance to download and install.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I have lane centering on all the time anyway, so it won't bother me. But I predict there's going to be A LOT of complaining.
I'll be turning auto-updates off at 6.7. There are no times I want the speed off-center. Plus, there are zero BlueCruise roads here, and there never will be. No BC 1.3 for me? Big deal. :)

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For these updates, driving it is not needed if you have auto-updates on and good SoC.
That LVB SOC is a frequent problem. It's pretty common for the LVB SOC to fall below 75% if the car hasn't been ON in the last 24 hours for the DC-DC to kick on and feed the 12v system and charge/maintain the LVB. (Why the car isn't checking that hourly 24x7 and kicking in a DC-DC charge if needed is still a frustrating mystery.)

Being retired, my car will sit in the garage unused for 3-4 days at times. By the 2nd or 3rd day I'm often down around 50% on the LVB. Sometimes I'll go out and turn it ON, disable the 30 minute auto-shutoff, and turn off climate/headlights/radio. Takes like 6 hours to get it back over 90%.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'll be turning auto-updates off at 6.7. There are no times I want the speed off-center. Plus, there are zero BlueCruise roads here, and there never will be. No BC 1.3 for me? Big deal. :)
I can't remember ever seeing the speedometer in the center. I think mine's always on the right, next to the speed limit. Unless I'm totally blanking out here. 🤔

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I can't remember ever seeing the speedometer in the center. I think mine's always on the right, next to the speed limit. Unless I'm totally blanking out here. 🤔
You have to have various things not turned on to get it in the center. Out here there are no surveyed roads for BlueCruise, lane centering works only about 40% of the time for various reasons (tied to the lane side stripes and out rather aggressive rumble strips I believe), which means most of the time I'm just driving anyway.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I wonder if my car is downloading this, when I go to check for updates it has the checking for updates screen if you try to check right when your car turns on (contacting the service, this may take a minute or less) and just stays on that screen never displaying my status (left it for 10 minutes). Currently on 6.7.
I guess my assumption was correct, as FDRS now shows no updates available when I previously had the IPC update available in there. Will see when I leave for work today! Hopefully ONE MORE LEFT!!!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
6 hours? Sheeeesh.
Depending on where it's starting from, of course, but yeah, it takes a lot longer than I would have expected. I've done it twice in the last few weeks and it took hours.

I really don't know how the LVB SOC% even gets determined. Seems to overlap with voltage but only somewhat. I can show a decent battery-only voltage (with the DC-DC feed off) but the SOC% can still be low-ish.
Sponsored