YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (Job 2)
Country flag
Appears so. Car is in park with cruise control and lane keep assist off.
IMG_0627.jpeg
I wouldn’t mind this as much if ford actually put some work into making the graphics of the car look good. Like physically showing the car with the door open when a door is open or showing turn signals on the little car graphic like Rivian does (I know it’s stupid and unnecessary). The ID4 shows cars as they pass by too so that would be cool if it did that on BlueCruise at least (some people say the MME can’t do it because it doesn’t have enough cameras, but the ID4 has less cameras on its lower trims and still does it)

IMG_0785.jpeg

But nope, we’re stuck starring at an image of the car 24/7 that does nothing while we drive lol. Also not saying the ID4s UI/design is better because they’re not, but it’s cool that you can actually see what the camera sees.

I’m not complaining about not having the features I mentioned above, I’m just complaining that ford took something a lot of people enjoyed and essentially replaced it with something that is “meh” - they should’ve just left it alone if they weren’t going to be able to replace it with something better. It’s not like we didn’t have to see it anyways while cruise control or LKAS is on, but I really enjoyed having the full screen speed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I wonder if this will make it so the speedometer can't be centered anymore like it is in the 2023.5 cars. If so, people are not going to be happy.
Yep

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’ve been finding a reliable way to get these 6.x PowerUps to install during the cold. When I get home from driving the car I plug change my charging schedule to immediately charge, plug in the L2, and tell it to Update Now.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Lord knows. But, if it’s not a popular decision I’d bet they change it back. Probably with the same time frame as they’re using for fully operational remote frunk releases on 2021 job 1 cars.

In the meantime, we can all hold our breath waiting on the next gen CarPlay which might allow us to bypass this nonsense. I’m sure Apple will have that all tested and released as advertised — December 31, 2023. :p

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
It’s interesting how many people apparently don’t ever use lane assist/centering or adaptive cruise. My speed is always to the right because those are always on in my car. I frankly forgot you could even get the speedo to show up in the center.

I’m used to it always being on the right side, you get used to it.

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (Job 2)
Country flag
It’s interesting how many people apparently don’t ever use lane assist/centering or adaptive cruise. My speed is always to the right because those are always on in my car. I frankly forgot you could even get the speedo to show up in the center.

I have mine on most of the time, but I like being able to see just the speed too.

I just don’t understand the logic behind this. I’d understand if there were issues and they had to temporarily remove it, but why just remove it? I cannot understand the logic behind removing something that nobody was complaining about. Like let’s remove parts of the UI people don’t mind and just ignore the parts people hate…. We’ll remove things you like, but let’s keep those silly blue buttons! I’m not implying it would’ve been easier to replace those buttons icons than coding out the full screen speed, but surely the little thing we’ve been complaining about for an entire year would be a higher priority than removing things that don’t bother people at all if we’re just speaking in terms of UI enhancements.

Maybe there was an issue that impacts other functionality with upcoming updates, but the logic for now is just baffling to me.

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
We’ll remove things you like, but let’s keep those silly blue buttons!
I agree, it frustrates me, too, that they force the new design now. It would be one thing if the speed-only mode was bland and boring in its current state. But they actually did a nice job (at least in Unbridled mode) where the animated glowing lines fill up the whole screen, starting at the center of the screen. With the new design that whole part is just displaying an ugly car icon.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I should also note that I did modify the IPC with FORScan when I got the car to have the GT power bar and replaced the compass with weather. Those settings in the as built held with the 6.8.0 update
Any chance of using FORScan to get the original centered speedometer layout back?

I’m seriously considering turning auto updates off and ignoring this one. I love the speedometer centered UI look in unbridled and engage. Losing that nice design element is not worth it to gain BlueCruise 1.3.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag

I always deactivate the lane centering and cruise when I’m off the highway just so I can get the speedometer centered and the better looking UI. The unbridled look with the speedometer centered is one of my favorite things about the car. It’s even my phone background. It really makes me said that they are slowly removing all the nice UI design work that was done for this car in favor of more cluttered, poorly designed, UIs.

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ram 2500, mazdaspeed 3, mazda 3, '23 GTPE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Being retired, my car will sit in the garage unused for 3-4 days at times. By the 2nd or 3rd day I'm often down around 50% on the LVB. Sometimes I'll go out and turn it ON, disable the 30 minute auto-shutoff, and turn off climate/headlights/radio. Takes like 6 hours to get it back over 90%.
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I thought if you leave it plugged in on an L2 charger, it will trickle charge LVB.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag

I turn them on when needed. If I could get lane centering to just show the color and not shake or beep it’d probably stay on for me. My cruise control is usually 3 clicks to get it functioning where I want.
I too will probably stop before this update.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

Adaptive cruise control works for me in about 40% of the driving time here at best. I just got tired of the disconnects and dropping down to all manual driving. So I left it there.

It’s not an MME thing though. It’s our roads. I also think Ford has this bass ackwards anyway — speed should always be front and center. Automation information (the car graphic) should be off to the side.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I thought if you leave it plugged in on an L2 charger, it will trickle charge LVB.
Could be. I don't think it does outside the charge window but it might while charging. My charge window is set to overnight and I never thought to deactivate the schedule to test that.
Sponsored