ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
...we’re stuck starring at an image of the car 24/7 that does nothing while we drive...
I think you're supposed to watch the road 😉
Sponsored

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag

drjimtaylor

First Name
Dr. Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E California Rte. 1
Country flag
According to FordPass and my CR1 (when I drove it this morning), I got the latest OTA update. But I don't see anything different in the basic UI on the horizontal screen or the big screen.

Am I missing something?

avdonr

First Name
Avdon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
According to FordPass and my CR1 (when I drove it this morning), I got the latest OTA update. But I don't see anything different in the basic UI on the horizontal screen or the big screen.

Am I missing something?
Only real noticeable difference for non-GT owners is the speed limit sign now showing a “- -“ when it doesn’t know the limit and the speedometer no longer going into the middle of the screen when lane keep is off.

Last edited:

drjimtaylor

First Name
Dr. Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E California Rte. 1
Country flag
Only real noticeable difference for non-GT owners is the speed limit sign now showing a “- -“ when it doesn’t know the limit and the speedometer no longer going into the middle of the screen.
Got it, thanks!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I assume that's gone since that would always disappear when the car icon was in the center, which is now the case all the time.
Only if you update to 6.8 ;)
Why? It is just a screen projection from the iPhone.
The next gen CarPlay supposedly has the capability to completely rework the car’s UI iirc, including the IPC. That might require more than we’re aware of. Just idle speculation of course. What do we actually know? The next gen CarPlay is almost assuredly going to be late.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Anybody else get 6.8.0 yet? So far it looks like only the OP got it, nobody else.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Anybody else get 6.8.0 yet? So far it looks like only the OP got it, nobody else.
I wonder if they pulled it? I thought I was getting it, received 6.7 and cleared my GFM update. Yesterday my car was taking forever to check for updates so I thought I was getting it. FDRS showed the IPC cleared, but no 6.8 at all.

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I thought if you leave it plugged in on an L2 charger, it will trickle charge LVB.
Nope. It only charges the LVB while your HVB is actively charging (ie below the charge limit and within your time window). If your LVB hasn’t charged by the time your HVB is full, too bad.

voerman

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Space White Premium AWD ER MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes - I just got 6.8 today and can verify that I can no longer put the speed in the center by disabling lane keeping. This did work for me before 6.8.

I have been getting a weird sequence of OTA's recently. 6.2, 6.2 redux, diagnostics, 6.3, 6.7 and now 6.8. I have not gotten 6.4, 6.5 or 6.6 yet. Car is a 23.0 built 11/22. In EA.

Lou

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yes - I just got 6.8 today and can verify that I can no longer put the speed in the center by disabling lane keeping. This did work for me before 6.8.

I have been getting a weird sequence of OTA's recently. 6.2, 6.2 redux, diagnostics, 6.3, 6.7 and now 6.8. I have not gotten 6.4, 6.5 or 6.6 yet. Car is a 23.0 built 11/22. In EA.

Lou
Alright, looks like 6.8.0 maybe be 2023 only (so far?).

2023s may not get all the 6.x updates because they left the factory with more recent software.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Only if you update to 6.8 ;)

The next gen CarPlay supposedly has the capability to completely rework the car’s UI iirc, including the IPC. That might require more than we’re aware of. Just idle speculation of course. What do we actually know? The next gen CarPlay is almost assuredly going to be late.
Even if by some miracle our older cars are made compatible with the new CarPlay, Apple will make design decisions that many will dislike.

I don't think there is anything in life today that is not rabidly liked by 49% of people, completely despised by 49% of people, and unknown by the remaining 2%.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
6.8 installed for us tonight. Different release notes than the OP:

Ford Mustang Mach-E PowerUp 6.8.0 released Screenshot_20231205_185216_FordPass
Sponsored