Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Car needs to be driven regularly to get the updates, if its sitting parked for days in deep sleep it might not pull the trigger for various reasons. 12V battery needs to be recently charged up and you need to be in AT&T LTE coverage area. When the update is triggered for you, the car has 72 hours to download and install it before it expires and another trigger is generated. The assumption is most people would be driving the car every 72 hours or more in most cases.

I think most updates will come over AT&T LTE, only the very large GB updates like SYNC or the BlueCruise/camera module (IPMA module) updates will need WiFi.

The total time to download and execute the 1.6.0 update is only a few minutes, so it's possible that could have caused a disruption. I think it tries to do it after you shut down the car after a trip but not 100% sure yet.
Sounds reasonable. Thanks for the info.

Our Jeep Wrangler 4xe received an update a few nights ago. It doesn't have the ability to connect to WiFi so it's OTAs must be 100% cellular I guess?

When I parked, it notified me that an update was ready and it was going to start as soon as I turned off the Jeep unless I rescheduled (choice on the screen for either option). It said it would take about 45 minutes to install and driving the Jeep during that time would abort the install to try another time.

It said the OTA was for fixing back up lines in the rear camera (sometimes they wouldn't appear), update steering wheel control functions for radio, update emergency SOS system and some updates to the driver assist packages.

I selected okay to go now and went inside. About 10 min later I checked on the progress and it was displayed on the screen.

When finished there was a notice as well.

20210805_210649.jpg

20210805_214819.jpg

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Sounds reasonable. Thanks for the info.

Our Jeep Wrangler 4xe received an update a few nights ago. It doesn't have the ability to connect to WiFi so it's OTAs must be 100% cellular I guess?

When I parked, it notified me that an update was ready and it was going to start as soon as I turned off the Jeep unless I rescheduled (choice on the screen for either option). It said it would take about 45 minutes to install and driving the Jeep during that time would abort the install to try another time.

It said the OTA was for fixing back up lines in the rear camera (sometimes they wouldn't appear), update steering wheel control functions for radio, update emergency SOS system and some updates to the driver assist packages.

I selected okay to go now and went inside. About 10 min later I checked on the progress and it was displayed on the screen.

When finished there was a notice as well.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Powerup OTA and Build Dates Month/Year 20210805_214819

Ford Mustang Mach-E Powerup OTA and Build Dates Month/Year 20210805_214819
Pretty outrageous that Jeep provides all that information about the OTA update, and the option to read more.

Much better is Ford's "Some minor fine-tuning to keep everything running smoothly". Brevity is best, no? ?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Pretty outrageous that Jeep provides all that information about the OTA update, and the option to read more.

Much better is Ford's "Some minor fine-tuning to keep everything running smoothly". Brevity is best, no? ?
What we don't know won't hurt us I guess.... :)

In the bright side, we aren't hoping for an OTA to fix leaking roofs like the folks on the Jeep forum are wishing for. Our roof leaked and we took it back to the dealer and they ordered a replacement seal (One Touch Roof). However, the Service Mgr at Jeep did say it was a rite of passage and pretty much "a Jeep thing" to have a leaky roof.

Doesn't really bother me but it isn't my daily driver. My wife is livid, she is very disappointed and still hasn't come down from her soapbox. I told her she can trade the PHEV Wrangler for an ICE Bronco. Her reply sounded something like "Okay, that is just plain crazy talk. I will deal with some issues here and there because it is electric. Not going back to ICE if given the choice."

I said "Welcome to my world. You should visit the Mach-E forum and see what we are dealing with...."
:)

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag

I think once there are substantive fixes or new features in an OTA the notes will be more expansive. The vast, and I mean really vast, majority of people won't feel any more informed by reading 'updated GWM to facilitate future updates to other modules' versus 'we made some tweaks under the hood'.

OP
OP
TruWrecks

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I took my car in to the dealer and now I have 1.4.0 and 1.6.0 installed.

Bonesaw45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
I’m taking delivery of the Demo car from my local dealership in 2 weeks. Does anyone have a list of Bulletins, OTAs and updates that I should make sure are done while its sitting on the lot waiting for me? I think they did the PAAK the day I bought it.

It doesn’t seem like the dealerships really know what they are doing on the software side, mine has only sold a couple MME, I think it would be helpful if @Ford Motor Company could provide a list of software updates that we should confirm before taking ownership of the vehicle. This should be something on the ford website for both consumer and dealership.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’m taking delivery of the Demo car from my local dealership in 2 weeks. Does anyone have a list of Bulletins, OTAs and updates that I should make sure are done while its sitting on the lot waiting for me? I think they did the PAAK the day I bought it.

It doesn’t seem like the dealerships really know what they are doing on the software side, mine has only sold a couple MME, I think it would be helpful if @Ford Motor Company could provide a list of software updates that we should confirm before taking ownership of the vehicle. This should be something on the ford website for both consumer and dealership.
I think it really depends on the dealer. When I took Marlin in to have a replacement battery guard rail installed, they checked for outstanding TSBs and installed the PaaK update.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think it really depends on the dealer. When I took Marlin in to have a replacement battery guard rail installed, they checked for outstanding TSBs and installed the PaaK update.
It is new and a learning curve for all but updating vehicles is not. May have a bit to do with who you are and how you approach the "people" that are doing the service. More bees with honey scenario. The hatred some have for dealers is over the top for me as they are local people just like you and me. Don't see any reason for them to not want us to be happy or not to ensure that to the best of their ability (with what is currently available to them). What is available at this stage is well documented on this site for those that have the feeling they need to know. I would asked them to please ensure all software is up to date and ask them what they did. Give them the respect that they know what they are doing until I have facts to the contrary which I do not have with mine to date (in fact the exact opposite for me to date it appears they know what they are doing and are trying their best with what they have at their disposal).
Sponsored