Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext, Chevy Bolt, Honda Minivan
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
My harness arrived from e-trailer yesterday. But before I get started, how did you splice into the 12v connector? did you use one of those press fit connector, or just crimp onto the terminal of the socket? Or something else?

Also, doing a little exploration underneath and wondering how did you mount the module and the wiring harness that goes out to the trailer lights? It seems like a very long lead.
I use the Wago 221 slicers. You can find them on Amazon.
I mounted the controller under a bolt under the car. i can’t remember exactly where. Sorry. I really don’t want to remove the bottom skirt if I don’t need to. But if you are really stuck, I’ll do it
Sponsored

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I use the Wago 221 slicers. You can find them on Amazon.
I mounted the controller under a bolt under the car. i can’t remember exactly where. Sorry. I really don’t want to remove the bottom skirt if I don’t need to. But if you are really stuck, I’ll do it
You certainly don’t have to get back under your car on my account. I just wanted to be sure it mounts outside the passenger enclosure. Trailer wiring kits I’ve installed on my Subarus were inside, under the cargo area panels, and the trailer wire would be routed through the hatch to the outside. I’m reading this kit installs outside the car, between the diffuser cover and sheet metal, like the hitch itself?

OP
OP
Mr. Toejam

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
You certainly don’t have to get back under your car on my account. I just wanted to be sure it mounts outside the passenger enclosure. Trailer wiring kits I’ve installed on my Subarus were inside, under the cargo area panels, and the trailer wire would be routed through the hatch to the outside. I’m reading this kit installs outside the car, between the diffuser cover and sheet metal, like the hitch itself?
That's the way I interpreted it.

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
That's the way I interpreted it.
How/where to you have the connector sir when not in use? Zip tie it to the hitch somehow? there doesn’t seem to be a lot of attach points

OP
OP
Mr. Toejam

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
How/where to you have the connector sir when not in use? Zip tie it to the hitch somehow? there doesn’t seem to be a lot of attach points
I coil up the cord and shove it into the hitch hole from the backside. Then I run a zip tie through the hitch pin hole to keep it there
Sponsored