PPF installers in metro Detroit

pmoc09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max
Country flag
I'm looking to get PPF on the full front of my Mach-E. Has anybody got this yet? From where and how much did it cost?
Sponsored

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I'm looking to get PPF on the full front of my Mach-E. Has anybody got this yet? From where and how much did it cost?
I don't know about Detroit, but around Chicago, it's either word of mouth or looking on the PPF OEM sites like xpel.com for an installer. I lucked out. My PDR guy's facility was right next to an XPel installer with really good reviews, and the guy did a great job. Keep in mind there are no templates for the MME yet with 3M or XPel, so they're going to have to freehand it. That said, you need to find a really good shop. Take a look at Yelp and call around.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I don't know about Detroit, but around Chicago, it's either word of mouth or looking on the PPF OEM sites like xpel.com for an installer. I lucked out. My PDR guy's facility was right next to an XPel installer with really good reviews, and the guy did a great job. Keep in mind there are no templates for the MME yet with 3M or XPel, so they're going to have to freehand it. That said, you need to find a really good shop. Take a look at Yelp and call around.
Mine is getting XPEL right now, templates are in. My installers said the MME templates were excellent, best first-installation fit that they have encountered.

Can't hurt to ask who the dealer uses. My understanding from my sales guy is that the owner of the dealership I used gets all his cars done at the XPEL installer I used.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
protective paint film.

search the forum for "XPEL" (a prominent manufacturer) and you can find other threads with videos etc.
Sponsored