Hgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue MME XR RWD
Occupation
Professional Mom
Country flag
I dropped my MME for PPF and window tint. I asked my guy about applying PPF to the pano roof. He said that if the pano roof is a lamination of materials he would not recommend it. As the PPF and laminated layers have different physical properties and could potentially cause stress and creating fatigue. He did recommend adding a ceramic tint to the pano roof (applied from the inside) for heat reduction.

Just curious if anyone could share their experience/knowledge. Thanks!
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Waste of money. Window prevents heat from coming in already. Numerous threads on this.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had ceramic added to the pano as they were already doing PPF and tint on the car. It didn’t cost a ton extra. If it’s gonna be expensive it’s probably not worth it by itself

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I suggest you email the PPF manufacturer such as Xpel or Suntek directly and ask them if they recommend PPF installation on the pano roof. I know Xpel does not recommend installing PPF on the windshield because, in part, it can create visual distortions. So if you put PPF on the pano roof, it may reduce the clarity through the glass. But other online forums such as for Covrettes and Taycans have members stating that they successfully put PPF on their roof glass panels.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not going to prevent that. Get zero glass deductible. 9,000 miles and ours is fine.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, you spend your money the way you want, and I'll continue to not spend mine on PPF. But there is no issue of heat, so no tinting needs to be done.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I had PPF (full front end and other chip prone spots) and ceramic coating. I asked the dealer to install a strip on the front part of pano room, near the windshield. He installed about 12 inches. Not much I can do to protect the windshield from chips and road debris, and I can live with that. A new windshield is covered by insurance and is fairly pain-free. Especially since I know a guy (said in a New York accent ;)) who does great glass replacement. I am more worried about the pano roof and the time, effort and cost associated with the replacement. I figured the little bit of PPF on the front half will help with small pieces of stuff hitting it. Of course, when something large hits it, it is going to crack.

clsmooths

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT performance & Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Assistant manager
Country flag
This will take care of it all guys...go buy one of these. They work great, used it last week for the first time and love it. Live in Central Florida, took my dogs on a road trip and that extra shade was perfect for them. Had barely any light coming in and it also comes with a solid shade to have no light coming in at all. Easy to install and to take out!!

Screenshot_20220517-140751_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored