Pray for my wallet

MParkour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 RR Mustang GT 2017 Tacoma 2021 RR MME FE
Country flag
Story time: I went on a weeklong vacation Oct 14th with no cell service and let my sister borrow my car so she could save on fuel. On the 16th she was at work and the alarm went off 5 times and she couldnt figure out what was happening. On her way home a mouse dropped from the steering wheel column onto her. She then jumped out of the car (luckily it was in the parking lot and one peddle drive stopped it from rolling away).

A few days later my car started sending out an alert that it has an electrical drain. We set 4 different types of traps and no mouse found other than its droppings.

The car was just dropped at the dealership so they can tear it apart and find what wires the mouse has chewed through.

The security alerts delete after a week so no screenshot with them.

Put your guesses below with how much this will cost and ill report back when i pick up the car in a few days.

S
Ford Mustang Mach-E Pray for my wallet Screenshot_20221101-114039_FordPass
Ford Mustang Mach-E Pray for my wallet Screenshot_20221101-115635_FordPass

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'd guess around $2 - $3,000.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I don't see something that would indicate a bad connection from chewed wires? Those messages are normal if you've got some sort third party service logged in to your FordPass account. I would suggest turning that off. I figured chewed wires would be totally different faults.

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Are mice more likely to get into am electric car? Never had a mouse in any of my cars before. I did have ants once though

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Are mice more likely to get into am electric car? Never had a mouse in any of my cars before. I did have ants once though
Yeah the newer wiring sheaths are made out of soy.. happens to Audi Etrons too

OP
OP
MParkour

MParkour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Depending on the cost, you may want to open a claim with your auto insurance. This type of repair is covered under your collision/comprehensive portion of the policy
Oh i didnt think of that. Ill try and see if my insurance will do that.

OP
OP
MParkour

MParkour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't see something that would indicate a bad connection from chewed wires? Those messages are normal if you've got some sort third party service logged in to your FordPass account. I would suggest turning that off. I figured chewed wires would be totally different faults.
No third party stuff installed. I think a wire has been chewed and its shorting to the car and draining the 12v

jennabo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER AWD
Country flag
My neighborā€™s, tesla had its wires, chewed by mice, and his insurance company covered the whole repair.

JDrazMME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Star White MME Premium Ext Batt AWD
Country flag
This is probably not the same thing but I had the exact same electrical drain do to an after market device service soon warning for a few days too. I found on this forum that one possible fix was just to cycle through the lights dial. So I turned the dial from auto to off and back and forth a few times and the problem completely went away. Try that - maybe the mouse is innocent!

MachLovin

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Chevelle, 2015 Subaru , 2022 Mach E Select
Country flag
I've never had a mouse in any of my cars before either... I'm genuinely curious if EV's are more suseptible
[/QU
Never had a mouse in any of the vehicles i've owned either... lol. I'm genuinely curious if EV's are more susceptible to this kind of rodent intrusion.. lol

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It is not an EV thing, all cars now have soy based wiring. My son had two mice in a Nissan Versa, and I had a rabbit get under the hood of my Bolt and chew some wires on it. We used glue boards to catch the mice in his car. Nutella is the best bait to use to catch them.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Oh, man, we had mice in our last Honda Odyssey minivan, even. They had gotten everywhere and had taken residence in the area under the roof but above the headliner. You could hear them scurrying overhead as you drove. Miserable.

Wishing you the best, and I am actually really curious about what the bill ends-up being (even if covered by insurance). I spray my garage with peppermint oil now on the regular to keep them away from the Mach-E, but Iā€™m always worried about it (given the Honda).

OP
OP
MParkour

MParkour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, man, we had mice in our last Honda Odyssey minivan, even. They had gotten everywhere and had taken residence in the area under the roof but above the headliner. You could hear them scurrying overhead as you drove. Miserable.

Wishing you the best, and I am actually really curious about what the bill ends-up being (even if covered by insurance). I spray my garage with peppermint oil now on the regular to keep them away from the Mach-E, but Iā€™m always worried about it (given the Honda).
Ill let you know if they find anything.
Ill try the peppermint too. Anything to help keep them away. I park in a garage and i think our two mice killers are slacking on the job.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ill let you know if they find anything.
Ill try the peppermint too. Anything to help keep them away. I park in a garage and i think our two mice killers are slacking on the job.
I found a rattlesnake in my garage a couple of months ago, he would have taken care of the rodents. But I decided to go drop him off in the desert.
Sponsored