Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace (BRG)
Country flag
Has anybody had a similar email sent to them saying:

PRE-ORDER CANCELLATION​
Hi Peter,

We’re sorry to see you’ve changed your mind about your pre-order for a new Ford Mustang Mach-E.

Your Mustang Mach-E pre-order has now been cancelled. You will receive a refund for the full deposit amount of £1000.00 within the next 7 days, to the payment card you originally used. If you have any further queries, please call us on 020 3564 4444.

All the details of your pre-order cancellation are shown below.​
Sponsored

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Uh... NO. I would contact Ford asap if you did not cancel.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Has anybody had a similar email sent to them saying:

PRE-ORDER CANCELLATION​
Hi Peter,

We’re sorry to see you’ve changed your mind about your pre-order for a new Ford Mustang Mach-E.

Your Mustang Mach-E pre-order has now been cancelled. You will receive a refund for the full deposit amount of £1000.00 within the next 7 days, to the payment card you originally used. If you have any further queries, please call us on 020 3564 4444.

All the details of your pre-order cancellation are shown below.​
Yes, when I cancelled my premium and changed to a first edition. The FE is confirmed ordered and has a build date.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
I received one of those back in July, three days after placing an order. Never was given an explanation as to why, and I still haven’t gotten my deposit back. I ended up placing another order within minutes of the email.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
cjltr41, when my dealer cancelled my Premium order, due to the machdrop order, I was told that my deposit would automatically get returned. After waiting almost two weeks, and after two phone calls to Ford, I talked to the GM at my dealer again, he then talked to his office manager and was told that they did have my deposit after all. If you haven't got your deposit back, I would recommend calling the office manager of your dealer. If you placed the deposit online, it should have gone to your dealer.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
cjltr41, when my dealer cancelled my Premium order, due to the machdrop order, I was told that my deposit would automatically get returned. After waiting almost two weeks, and after two phone calls to Ford, I talked to the GM at my dealer again, he then talked to his office manager and was told that they did have my deposit after all. If you haven't got your deposit back, I would recommend calling the office manager of your dealer. If you placed the deposit online, it should have gone to your dealer.
Yeah, they keep insisting that they didn't get it, so I'm going to bring it up again when it comes time to finalize the order. I have bank statements that show they received it, which I've shown them, but they claim they never got the funds from Ford. Maybe I can get them to give me a $500 credit for the future purchase of tires, which probably won't take long with a published 0-60 of 4.8 seconds. ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
This is a UK pre-order. Things are a bit different. They haven’t even been allowed to convert to firm orders yet iirc.

OP
OP

crustbusta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace (BRG)
Country flag
Uh... NO. I would contact Ford asap if you did not cancel.
This is a UK pre-order. Things are a bit different. They haven’t even been allowed to convert to firm orders yet iirc.
That's correct, we have seen very little activity other than an email around a month ago saying they would be contacting their UK customers sometime in November to confirm orders. What I suspect based upon my over half a century on this planet, is that someone at the local dealership has called a pre order customer and they have said they didn't want to proceed and that said someone has cancelled the wrong order. I'll try calling both the dealership and Ford but I'm not holding out too much hope.

OP
OP

crustbusta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace (BRG)
Country flag
Emailed and spoken to many Ford representatives this morning but none are claiming any knowledge about this. I will not bore the group with the details other than to say Ford UK customer services are investigating. TBH I don't really care who has done what I just want my pre-order back.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Emailed and spoken to many Ford representatives this morning but none are claiming any knowledge about this. I will not bore the group with the details other than to say Ford UK customer services are investigating. TBH I don't really care who has done what I just want my pre-order back.
Recriminations won't get your order back. They just need to reinstate it. I hope that's been impressed upon them. Good luck. :)

OP
OP

crustbusta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace (BRG)
Country flag
Recriminations won't get your order back. They just need to reinstate it. I hope that's been impressed upon them. Good luck. :)
Nearly 24hrs later and still not had a response from either the dealer or Ford to my emails, good times :)

OP
OP

crustbusta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace (BRG)
Country flag
Nearly 24hrs later and still not had a response from either the dealer or Ford to my emails, good times :)
Nearly 72hrs later and still not had a response from either the dealer or Ford to my emails, not so good times :(

Seriously is there anybody on this forum who resides in the UK who has been contacted by whom ever to convert the reservation into an order. I just interested to try and determine what may have happened.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Have you tried calling them on the phone?

OP
OP

crustbusta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace (BRG)
Country flag
Have you tried calling them on the phone?
Apologies for the delay in updating my thread.

For clarity since the cancellation email I have received no answers from any emails sent. So for future reference don't bother with email, use the old fashioned telephone.

Eventually I got some progress via the Ford dealership (Bristol St, Stoke, UK), with whom the reservation was with. This chaps name is Andy and he is in fact the used car sales manager. Although saying he knew nothing about the Mustang he obviously knows a great deal about customer satisfaction, so a big shout out to Andy.

Andy managed to get a case logged with Ford and I was issued with a case number, something to grasp on to. Although things were pretty quiet for the 1st 2 weeks this week has been quite active.

So without further ado I just want to let everybody know, I'm back with a 1st Edition Grabber Blue reservation (new number). So another big shout out to Ford customer services for making this happen. They set my expectation low and over delivered.

BUT ....

At the time I made my 1st reservation I had looked at other EVs on the near horizon and checked out the Polestar 2. Now at the time they were estimating the cost to be substantially higher that what turned out to be, (£46,900 including £3,000 grant for the UK government), hence me dismissing this car. If you look at the car that has been released with delivery for February 2021 for new orders it is not only incredibly cheaper but it is now loaded with nearly every option available for that price above. This makes it ~£10,000 cheaper here in the UK than the 1st Edition.

I've requested a test drive but because of the current situation these are difficult to get arranged. As I've been on this planet a while now I'm pretty sure that I'll be more than happy with either proposition and at this point in time no idea which I'll choose. Watch this space. Will the heart prevail?
Sponsored