hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
So, this may be a bit premature since I haven’t ordered an MME yet, but leaning towards doing it this weekend. I was able to locate one today and took it for a test drive and loved it. It’ll be my first EV after having a few Dodge Durangos the last 10 years. Kinda getting sick of shelling out $300/mo for gas now that I’m back commuting to an office everyday.

Anyway, I’m in love with the Rapid Red Premium AWD and that’s where I’m leaning with my order.

As I said, I did just take a test drive today and didn’t really have the time to play around with everything.
The center stack screen is gorgeous. It’s different from what I’m used to but with so much info I’m wondering how customizable is it. I typically use CarPlay now and almost alway drive with a map open to help avoid NJ traffic. Is it possible to set what’s displayed on the screen? (CarPlay or radio on the top half, climate controls lower half, etc).

I also had a 2016 Fusion for a bit and wasn’t a huge fan of the Sync 3 system. It wasn’t horrible, but slow and a little quirky. Just wondering overall how Sync 4A is. One thing that drove me nuts with the Sync 3 was when using favorite artist alerts in SiriusXM, 1) it was capped at about 20 artists/songs, and 2) when it popped up that something was on, it only showed the artistic not the song title. (#FirstWorldProblems, I know..).

Where do you put your right hand when driving? ? not having a shifter there to lean on will take some getting used to.

Charging: At least in the beginning, I’m not looking to add anything special to the house to charge up, was just going to plug into an outlet in the garage. I’m only 23 miles from work each way - mostly backroads (hence my frustration with 17MPG and filling up 2x a week) - with an MME and the standard eAWD battery would I be able to get away with just charging every night? I’ll be doing ~50 miles a day, maybe 70 with some errands. Is overnight enough to “top that off” without any extra equipment?

I’m hoping by the time I take delivery in NJ the rebate program is back up and running. Also have to do a little adjusting with my withholding to make sure I’m eligible for the federal rebate.

Anyway.. thanks in advance, hope to be part of the club soon.
Sponsored

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Where do you put your right hand when driving? ? not having a shifter there to lean on will take some getting used to.
I just complained about this today and I complain about it once a week. I'll get used to it sometime down the road.

The rest of your comments are not as much questions as they are "you figured it out already" statements. I think it would work well for what you describe. Sync is not bad, but it can be slow to start. The screen can't be re-arranged much but overall it's received a lot of praise.

There's videos for almost everything you can think of review wise on YouTube. On here you're gonna get a lot of very subjective commentary. Look at it for yourself in those videos and I think that would be the best way to judge it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
1) No.
2) 4A is much better.
3) None of your business... ?. Armrest or steering wheel.
4) No. 2.8 - 3 miles per hour with 120v. At 70 miles a day, and adding 30 or so a night, by end of week you would be in trouble maybe.
5) Withholding has zero to do with tax credit. Tax credit is against your tax liability. If you have tax liability of $8,000, i.e. tax owed, and you withheld $9,000, you'd get back $1,000. With a tax credit of $7,500, you would get back $8,500.
Sponsored

Last edited: