Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mustang GT convertible, BRONCO
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Last year I bought winter tires for my Premium Mach-E. Since then I traded the Premium for a Mach-E GT. Unfortunately the winter tires will not fit my new car. The tires are Michelin X-ICE snow tires, (225/55 R 19). They have 996 miles on them and they are in excellent condition. I hate letting them just sit in the garage. If anyone is interested in them, let me know. I have pictures if you would like to to see them. We live in NE Iowa.
Sponsored

glenthompson

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT Star White
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can't use them as I'm waiting for my GT to arrive. It sounds like you just have the tires and had mounted them on the factory rims, correct? Can you buy a set of aftermarket rims that will fit both the tires and the GT? Makes it much easier to swap the tires come winter. I've always bought extra rims for my winter tires.

OP
OP

TAPe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mustang GT convertible, BRONCO
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can't use them as I'm waiting for my GT to arrive. It sounds like you just have the tires and had mounted them on the factory rims, correct? Can you buy a set of aftermarket rims that will fit both the tires and the GT? Makes it much easier to swap the tires come winter. I've always bought extra rims for my winter tires.
Thanks for the idea. Iā€™m going to check it out. These are great tires and are highly rated.

glenthompson

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anybody that lives in the snow belt and needs to be able to go in the snow should have real winter tires. Huge difference in them vs all-season. My wife grew up in Dubuque so I've seen what winter there is like. Very glad we had winter tires on the car when we visited her family one Christmas.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I might be interested, shoot me a price. I can pick up. Not sure if 19ā€™s will fit on a GT because of bigger brakes.

glenthompson

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
According to Tire Rack the GT non-PE can take 18-21 inch wheels. The Performance Edition can only take 20 or 21 inch. Looks like the wheels will cost between $240-500 each depending on style.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
The non-GTs and GT can fit most but not all 18" rims. The clearance can be very tight, so most do work, but if you are buying a model you don't see someone using here on the forums, make sure you have a good return policy just in case the fitment doesn't quite clear.

The GT-PE will definitely not fit 18"s, will fit some 19"s, and basically all 20"+.

I think the MachE looks best with either 18"s and chunkier tires (235/60R18 is good), or 20" and lower profile tires. 19" is just in the middle and doesn't make much of an aesthetic statement either way, and there aren't as many available options for winter tires.

slimothyjames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
The non-GTs and GT can fit most but not all 18" rims. The clearance can be very tight, so most do work, but if you are buying a model you don't see someone using here on the forums, make sure you have a good return policy just in case the fitment doesn't quite clear.

The GT-PE will definitely not fit 18"s, will fit some 19"s, and basically all 20"+.

I think the MachE looks best with either 18"s and chunkier tires (235/60R18 is good), or 20" and lower profile tires. 19" is just in the middle and doesn't make much of an aesthetic statement either way, and there aren't as many available options for winter tires.
Even at 18" the clearance is pretty tight. My wheels had just enough room to clear the brakes + wheel weights.

235/60/18 fitment looks pretty good though.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium Mach-E Winter Tires Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 11.00.22 AM

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I'm also waiting for my GTPE. I am curious what tires are you swapping onto your GT? I live in Missouri, and I am not sure the Perrelli summer tires will serve me well this winter. :)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'm also waiting for my GTPE. I am curious what tires are you swapping onto your GT? I live in Missouri, and I am not sure the Perrelli summer tires will serve me well this winter. :)
In case you didn't know, you can't use those tires below 45 degrees even if you wanted to.

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
In case you didn't know, you can't use those tires below 45 degrees even if you wanted to.
I read that. I know I need to spend $1,000-2,000 right away after taking ownership.

I just need to know what the best option is. ;)

Subliminal64

First Name
Burnsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME AWD ER (x2) "Darth Maul" & "R2-D2"
Occupation
Working
Country flag
For those seeking info on winter/snow tires and rims for Mach-E's, see the video below!