Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
Take it from the manufacturers lack of a specific warning for this, and lawyers love excessive warnings (like don't start chainsaw with genitals).
I have a 24 foot Yamaha jet boat. There are six warnings around the boat not to put your vagina in front of the jet pump. Seriously. LOL.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I have a 24 foot Yamaha jet boat. There are six warnings around the boat not to put your vagina in front of the jet pump. Seriously. LOL.
Here's your post citation. You earned it but it's worth it. ???

Also, I don't want to think about the situation that led to that warning. I mean, I am now, because this is a "pink elephants" (*) situation, but come on...

(*) as in, if someone says to you, "don't think of pink elephants," suddenly you can't help but think of pink elephants.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Am looking at charger install before end of year. Due to where I want to install, which is outside on my driveway a pedestal would be handy. All my searches show them as expensive as the charger. Anybody buy one that is reasonable in price, ie $150 or so.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Am looking at charger install before end of year. Due to where I want to install, which is outside on my driveway a pedestal would be handy. All my searches show them as expensive as the charger. Anybody buy one that is reasonable in price, ie $150 or so.
Wow, those are expensive. I guess if all else fails, there's the old fashioned method... a pressure treated 4x4 and a bag of concrete from Home Depot. Or a 5x5 white vinyl post (hollow, which might be a good fit to run the wire inside).

Depends some on how you plan to run the wiring to it. And how secure (from theft) you feel it needs to be.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I bought the Ford Connected Charge station. Found it for $700 so could have been worse. It's supposed to be here in December. I'm hoping early December so I can get it installed and claim the tax credit.

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
You could find a simple metal lamppost in that price range. I’m involved in a company (chasestation.com) addressing this segment but we found costs really do creep up there once you start adding the “nice to have“features for mounting a charger.

Here’s my Grizzl-E installation at my house:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Preparing for Mach-E charging at home - preparation and installing charger 5FDE9D90-AAC7-4334-A1EF-905F530CBDC1

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
You could find a simple metal lamppost in that price range. I’m involved in a company (chasestation.com) addressing this segment but we found costs really do creep up there once you start adding the “nice to have“features for mounting a charger.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Preparing for Mach-E charging at home - preparation and installing charger 5FDE9D90-AAC7-4334-A1EF-905F530CBDC1
That looks great actually. And the light works I take it? Also acts as a water deflector. Have to see if Home Depot has something like that.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag

That is quite simply the nicest looking installation I've seen. Bravo.