Preparing for new Mach-e

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I looks like my Mache is schedule for deliver in late March.

I'm planning to use the Ford Option plan. Do I contact the dealer ahead of time to get it arrange, or do it when I'm ready to pick up the SUV? Also will the finance guy know all the incentives with the Option plan, or do I have to point all that out to him?

Also for those that ordered before the price increase in December, how did you address that with the dealer?

I'm also planning to use the Xplan, do you know if that applies to the new MSRP or the Old one?

Thanks.
Sponsored

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Ice Blue GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Remind the dealer that the order has ford's price protection for retail orders.
You probably should have contacted the dealer before you ordered to see if they will take x-plan, it would be for the price before the increase.

OP
OP

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
You probably should have contacted the dealer before you ordered to see if they will take x-plan, it would be for the price before the increase.
My dealer does accept the xplan. But I have no idea if it will apply to the new msrp or the old one.

I read so many post here about how some dealers won't even accept the original msrp and try to sell it for the new msrp.

I'm trying to get as much info as possible before I sit down with the dealer to finalize the deal and not get blind sided.

Also I have the 750 credit for the 2021->2022 change. Do I bring the email from Ford and give it to the dealer or do they have that info already.

My worst fear is that the dealer will play dumb, and just shrug their shoulder and say "well, this is what's on the window sticker, so this is the price you pay."

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My dealer does accept the xplan. But I have no idea if it will apply to the new msrp or the old one.

I read so many post here about how some dealers won't even accept the original msrp and try to sell it for the new msrp.

I'm trying to get as much info as possible before I sit down with the dealer to finalize the deal and not get blind sided.

Also I have the 750 credit for the 2021->2022 change. Do I bring the email from Ford and give it to the dealer or do they have that info already.

My worst fear is that the dealer will play dumb, and just shrug their shoulder and say "well, this is what's on the window sticker, so this is the price you pay."
So let's clear up some things.

First, X-Plan has nothing to do with MSRP, it's calculated off invoice price. For the Mach-E, MSRP and Invoice are the same. 2% off, plus $275 fee. Max of $100 for paperwork. Make sure you bring your PIN with you.

Second, you have price protection, so your X-Plan price will be the original one before the $2,000 increase. Minus the $750 credit. That credit will be shown in the Smart Vincent system under your name, the dealer can look it up now.

The window sticker is irrelevant. Ford's systems will reflect the new price.

Your Ford Options rebate is $2,500 for California I believe. You'll need to get them to tell you the rate, because they can mark that up.

And there are California-specific rebates you should read about and understand.

OP
OP

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
So let's clear up some things.

First, X-Plan has nothing to do with MSRP, it's calculated off invoice price. For the Mach-E, MSRP and Invoice are the same. 2% off, plus $275 fee. Max of $100 for paperwork. Make sure you bring your PIN with you.

Second, you have price protection, so your X-Plan price will be the original one before the $2,000 increase. Minus the $750 credit. That credit will be shown in the Smart Vincent system under your name, the dealer can look it up now.

The window sticker is irrelevant. Ford's systems will reflect the new price.

Your Ford Options rebate is $2,500 for California I believe. You'll need to get them to tell you the rate, because they can mark that up.

And there are California-specific rebates you should read about and understand.
Thanks for the info.
Regarding the rate for the option plan, Is it set by FORD or do the finance guy just jack it up and you have no recourse? Assuming that you have over 800 credit score. lets say the finance guy says 5% when you know that you qualify for the lowest rate (1.5%) currently. Is there any recourse other than to walk?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the info.
Regarding the rate for the option plan, Is it set by FORD or do the finance guy just jack it up and you have no recourse? Assuming that you have over 800 credit score. lets say the finance guy says 5% when you know that you qualify for the lowest rate (1.5%) currently. Is there any recourse other than to walk?
It is set by the dealer. Your option would be to switch to a loan (which they can also increase the rate on), or finance elsewhere.

If they jack the rate, take it and the Options $2,500 rebate, then refinance the next week. You'll keep the rebate, they'll be hosed, and you'll have the rate you want.

OP
OP

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
It is set by the dealer. Your option would be to switch to a loan (which they can also increase the rate on), or finance elsewhere.

If they jack the rate, take it and the Options $2,500 rebate, then refinance the next week. You'll keep the rebate, they'll be hosed, and you'll have the rate you want.

Awesome. Glad to know that there's a way out of dealer's games. Do you know if there are any prepayment penalty with Ford Options?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Awesome. Glad to know that there's a way out of dealer's games. Do you know if there are any prepayment penalty with Ford Options?
No, there are none, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested.

schnooze

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Pacifica Hybrid; 17 Prius Prime; 21 MME 2wd ER
Occupation
Civil Servant
Country flag
If it helps, here is my experience (I just took possession of my Premium 2wd ER last week on 27 Jan 2022) ... I placed my order online (7 Jun 2021) (at the MSRP price) and then monitored the scheduling/building/delivery process thru my Ford.com account. My car went into production on 6 Dec and shipped on 20 Dec. On 19 Jan, I received an email from Ford that said that my car had been delivered to the dealer (Sheehy of Gaithersburg MD) and that I could complete the paperwork thru my Ford.com account. Let me also mention that I joined the Mustang Club of America in Jul 2021 and obtained my X-Plan PIN at that time.

When I went into my Ford.com account (on 19 Jan), it showed that the car was ready for the final purchase paperwork. It listed the price of the car (at MSRP) but had a block to check for an X-Plan purchase; I checked that block and then entered my PIN ... once I did that, the price of the car went down to the X-Plan price (about $793 less than MSRP). It also listed a Processing Fee of $100 (which is really nice, because most dealers here in the Wahington DC area charge a Processing Fee north of $500). So the X-Plan pricing really saved me about $1,200 alone.

During the final purchase contract online prep, there were addl screens to list the buyer's names, addl dealer-installed options, etc ... and then it took me to the screen to choose how to pay. I had to pick between cash, financing and Ford Options. I did tests with each one (adding the car to my 'cart' first as a cash purchase, then as a finance purchase, and then as a Ford Options purchase ... each time, I'd add the car to my cart to see the final price, but then delete it and try the new purchase option). For cash and financing, there were $0 discounts; for all Ford Options purchase options, there was as addl $2,500 discount. All of my Ford Options choices resulted in a 2.49% APR. The options for me were -- either a 36 or 48 month selection, and then 7,500, 10,000, 12,500, 15,000 or 19,500 miles per year. I also had to pick a down payment amount; the max down payment available is 45% of the final purchase price. Since I intend to pay off the car as quickly as possible, I chose 36 months, 19,500 miles per year and a down payment of $21k+.

After that part was done, my taxes were computed and then I electronically signed the docs ... from there, my account said that my docs were sent to the dealer and that I was to await to hear back from them.

It did take 8 days (from the date that Ford told me the car was ready until I took delivery) ... the 8 days were due to the fact that I had to wire my down payment to the dealer and then deal with the various weekend-related delays for the two people at Sheehy who processed my paperwork (in a more ideal world, I probably could have picked up the car within 1-2 days after it arrived at Sheehy). Regardless -- for me, the purchase went really well ... on the day I picked up the car, I was there only 10-15 minutes total (to sign a few addl docs that required a hand-written signature). But at no time was there any haggling or bargaining ... the X-plan price that appeared on the contract in my Ford.com account -- that was what I paid to the penny .... and that was all done thru Ford.com and before I ever saw/talked to the dealer.

Keep in mind -- to use X-Plan pricing, you have to be a member of the affiliate (Mustang Club of America in my case) for 90 days prior to taking delivery of the car.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

I think I've read here that if you pay it off or refinance within 3 months, the dealer may lose some $$ so if you're happy with the service you got from that dealer, you might want to do it after the 3 months passes.

I was planning to do that, but with the rate at 2.49% (hopefully), I might keep it longer as well and just do something else with the money at a higher rate/return.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Hopefully, for moved 2021 to 2022 orders, the $750 credit shows up in the system automatically and those folks can apply that online before showing up at the dealership.

Ted Jaeger

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape
Country flag
If it helps, here is my experience (I just took possession of my Premium 2wd ER last week on 27 Jan 2022) ... I placed my order online (7 Jun 2021) (at the MSRP price) and then monitored the scheduling/building/delivery process thru my Ford.com account. My car went into production on 6 Dec and shipped on 20 Dec. On 19 Jan, I received an email from Ford that said that my car had been delivered to the dealer (Sheehy of Gaithersburg MD) and that I could complete the paperwork thru my Ford.com account. Let me also mention that I joined the Mustang Club of America in Jul 2021 and obtained my X-Plan PIN at that time.

When I went into my Ford.com account (on 19 Jan), it showed that the car was ready for the final purchase paperwork. It listed the price of the car (at MSRP) but had a block to check for an X-Plan purchase; I checked that block and then entered my PIN ... once I did that, the price of the car went down to the X-Plan price (about $793 less than MSRP). It also listed a Processing Fee of $100 (which is really nice, because most dealers here in the Wahington DC area charge a Processing Fee north of $500). So the X-Plan pricing really saved me about $1,200 alone.

During the final purchase contract online prep, there were addl screens to list the buyer's names, addl dealer-installed options, etc ... and then it took me to the screen to choose how to pay. I had to pick between cash, financing and Ford Options. I did tests with each one (adding the car to my 'cart' first as a cash purchase, then as a finance purchase, and then as a Ford Options purchase ... each time, I'd add the car to my cart to see the final price, but then delete it and try the new purchase option). For cash and financing, there were $0 discounts; for all Ford Options purchase options, there was as addl $2,500 discount. All of my Ford Options choices resulted in a 2.49% APR. The options for me were -- either a 36 or 48 month selection, and then 7,500, 10,000, 12,500, 15,000 or 19,500 miles per year. I also had to pick a down payment amount; the max down payment available is 45% of the final purchase price. Since I intend to pay off the car as quickly as possible, I chose 36 months, 19,500 miles per year and a down payment of $21k+.

After that part was done, my taxes were computed and then I electronically signed the docs ... from there, my account said that my docs were sent to the dealer and that I was to await to hear back from them.

It did take 8 days (from the date that Ford told me the car was ready until I took delivery) ... the 8 days were due to the fact that I had to wire my down payment to the dealer and then deal with the various weekend-related delays for the two people at Sheehy who processed my paperwork (in a more ideal world, I probably could have picked up the car within 1-2 days after it arrived at Sheehy). Regardless -- for me, the purchase went really well ... on the day I picked up the car, I was there only 10-15 minutes total (to sign a few addl docs that required a hand-written signature). But at no time was there any haggling or bargaining ... the X-plan price that appeared on the contract in my Ford.com account -- that was what I paid to the penny .... and that was all done thru Ford.com and before I ever saw/talked to the dealer.

Keep in mind -- to use X-Plan pricing, you have to be a member of the affiliate (Mustang Club of America in my case) for 90 days prior to taking delivery of the car.
Did you avoid the MSRP increase made Dec 7 (I think)? Just wondering if the MSRP given online would include price protection for orders made prior to Dec 7?

Scipio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT Performance
Country flag

Where can we get more information about this price protection, specially for those doing xplan? I ordered my GT last year and it is set to be delivered soon. The dealer sent me the new 2022 window price and said that is what it was going to be based from. I have read the other threads, but there seems to be conflicting info on them, with some saying the dealerships will get the rebate from ford within 45 days and others saying the invoice price in the system will automatically show the order price before the price increase...

Last edited:

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Just call your salesman and tell him to get you the numbers for your car doing Ford Options. Tell him 36 months or 48 and how many annual miles along with how much down you’re doing. He should send you the payment amount with a little breakdown to the side that shows the sales price, rebates, down payment, taxes and fees totaling the final sales price. Then you can just hash it all out now if something’s missing. Then when you go in, easy mode.

Kittynpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
it does help a lot!!

so basically everything was via ford.com.
Why am I wasting so much time with the dealer and getting anxiety unnecessarily….. o_O

so when you paid, the MSRP was the original MSRP and the x-plan pricing was also based off the original MSRP, correct?

I am also considering the Ford Option plan. Is there other option besides wiring to the dealer to pay for the down payment?

thanks so much for the info!

Sponsored