IT Consultant
Country flag

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
My suspicion is he’s not connected to the car. He’s connected to Ford’s cloud service via the app by attaching his VIN to his account. The car in Mexico is attached to the service as well and pumping data to the cloud service. The APP creates the illusion of talking to the car. Notice it fails to pair Bluetooth which would require the phone in proximity of the car.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
My suspicion is he’s not connected to the car. He’s connected to Ford’s cloud service via the app by attaching his VIN to his account. The car in Mexico is attached to the service as well and pumping data to the cloud service. The APP creates the illusion of talking to the car. Notice it fails to pair Bluetooth which would require the phone in proximity of the car.
Makes sense

OP
OP

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
That's what i'm thinking too. I'm not anywhere near Mexico (Rotterdam - Netherlands - Europe) so must be a cloud thing.

Today i saw a "mange your vehicle" tab on the "Vehicle" tab in the app, didn't see that one earlier today or yesterday. if i see anything new i will screenshot it.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
That's what i'm thinking too. I'm not anywhere near Mexico (Rotterdam - Netherlands - Europe) so must be a cloud thing.

Today i saw a "mange your vehicle" tab on the "Vehicle" tab in the app, didn't see that one earlier today or yesterday. if i see anything new i will screenshot it.
This is great. What week or day was your build date? Just curious how long it took for enable your Fordpass features.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
? Well, this doesn't seem fair, I can't get past "in production." ?

Not really an issue till they start shipping though. o_O

Nice preview though, thanks!

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you! Hope it wasn't a ton of work to do it again in English. We appreciate it! ?

OP
OP

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Thank you! Hope it wasn't a ton of work to do it again in English. We appreciate it! ?
Nah, iPhone changes langues pretty fast and i dont mind to have an English phone for a few days or weeks ( my previous job was an system integrator for mobile phone management in multiple languages)

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Build date = 08-dec-2020
That day he was finished and parked on the parking lot.
Thank you. Good to know. Mine went into production on 12/4. I will wait a day or so to re-check FordPass for any update. Getting more excited now.

FYI, I ordered a First Edition.