Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
I have a Mach E and a Model Y and I think it would be great to open the superchargers so I could take the Mach E on road trips but they also need to provide CCS to Tesla adapters for the Tesla owners or the Tesla superchargers will get clogged up. Also, I tell anyone that asks if you want to do long road trips you need a Tesla at this point. I can't even get to my brother's house in Bozeman, MT with the Mach E from Wisconsin but it isn't a problem in the Tesla.
yes. I made a 2200 miles with my Tesla recently, zero issues with supercharger. never had to wait (even it was holiday long weekend). there are always multiple choices I can charge.

while yesterday with my MME, I had to wait more than 30 minutes at an EA station... 1/4 chargers was down. 1 car was waiting. there's no DCFC next 100 miles on my route so I had to wait there. total spent 70 minutes at the station for 50% charge.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
To be clear though, this wasn’t a Twitter post. It’s an option on the Tesla app but they pulled the pricing.
Yes I know - and we have no idea if that was a placeholder, test data, or a screwup by the app store. Since Musk fired everyone associated with making well thought out and effectively disbursed "official" announcements, the closest thing Tesla has is the random musings he spews on twitter - which as both of us pointed out wasn't done in this case.

Therefore the classification of this information as "announced" is far from accurate. It's a moot point, however, since the title has been changed

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Yes I know - and we have no idea if that was a placeholder, test data, or a screwup by the app store. Since Musk fired everyone associated with making well thought out and effectively disbursed "official" announcements, the closest thing Tesla has is the random musings he spews on twitter - which as both of us pointed out wasn't done in this case.

Therefore the classification of this information as "announced" is far from accurate. It's a moot point, however, since the title has been changed
There is no way it will only be 99 cents

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Where exactly do you drive?
New Jersey / New York area, with frequent trips through DC and to Charlotte. It's great to have more fast charging options for the car - don't get me wrong. But I'm not planning to use an adapter and go through the hassle of signing up for a separate account when EA already works great for me. Just my personal preference - again, it's great to have more options.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
As a mach-e owner, someone who isn't a fan of elon musk (but I respect him and understand he is aware of his antics and how they are good for business), someone who thinks all teslas look like eggs ... i could go on and on.

I am happy to hear this. If we could tap into their supercharger network i am going to be one happy camper.
I share the same thoughts. Happy camper also with more choices and places to charge my Mach E and Lightning truck. Hopefully soon.

guinn

First Name
Guinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select Standard Range; 2023 AWD Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If this includes the new Tesla chargers being installed in Lubbock TX I'll use it. No DCFC is currently in Lubbock and the L2 takes too long for the traveling I need.
I know what you mean. There's a 20kW charger at the Harley dealership that I used last year on a trip from Colorado to San Antonio, but that's as close as anything gets in Lubbock to "fast". I wonder why there are no fast chargers in Lubbock. Seems strange.

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
I wish our “energy” companies would wake up. Yay that Shell is acknowledging electricity. I am definitely apprehensive about cross country trip… Ogallala EA hovering between 2 and 4 (out of 10) for reliability on PlugShare. I don’t hear Tesla owners with similar anxieties. If Elon comes through, I will welcome it.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I know what you mean. There's a 20kW charger at the Harley dealership that I used last year on a trip from Colorado to San Antonio, but that's as close as anything gets in Lubbock to "fast". I wonder why there are no fast chargers in Lubbock. Seems strange.
That was broken when we traveled through Lubbock back in July and just checking PlugShare it's still broken. :mad:
Had to use the ChargePoint at Best Buy at 6kW. At least we could eat some breakfast while we waiting.

This is the real problem with chargers outside of Tesla they are not maintained!
This was just covered on Out Of Spec on YouTube

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Of course they will. Especially when they have to wait for a charge. Around the Holidays and Thanksgiving would be a big problem. If you have access to EA stations, they are free to charge on Thanksgiving and Christmas day. Tesla vehicles charge at EA stations also. They use an adaptor. The next 2-3 years will be interesting to watch the built up of Fast Charging stations. We should get more in remote areas. EV GO will built GM a network at the majority of Pilot and Flying J locations.
Wait and see. In the meantime we going to have to adapt.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Of course they will. Especially when they have to wait for a charge. Around the Holidays and Thanksgiving would be a big problem. If you have access to EA stations, they are free to charge on Thanksgiving and Christmas day. Tesla vehicles charge at EA stations also. They use an adaptor. The next 2-3 years will be interesting to watch the built up of Fast Charging stations. We should get more in remote areas. EV GO will built GM a network at the majority of Pilot and Flying J locations.
Wait and see. In the meantime we going to have to adapt.
I doubt we will see EA free charging days again. There's no reason to do that anymore. Which is fine with me.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
I doubt we will see EA free charging days again. There's no reason to do that anymore. Which is fine with me.
I agree. We might not see this good deal again or maybe at reduced rate just for those days.

Fersigo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Tesla unveiled (leaked?) on their app that they’re going to offer charging for non-Tesla EVs at a monthly subscription fee of $0.99/mo.

I took some screenshots which I’ve included below. A map search just shows a bank of Gen 3 HPWCs in California available so far but zero CCS Superchargers.

96D8714C-EEF5-4FE3-A7E5-8E29F7C922E0.jpeg

C9D12A0E-4F85-4449-BA39-6D544A62949A.png

58706622-0966-44A4-8CCA-72C1E35B859C.jpeg
This has been working in the UK for a few months and the only issue is that the location of the MME charge port means I need to take up two Tesla bays. Last week I arrived at a Tesla charger court to find that there weren't two adjacent bays free - and one of the Tesla drivers interrupted his charge and moved to another bay so I could get on to a charger. That's really being helpful and maybe shows the spirit of camaraderie between EV owners. Either way, my grateful thanks to that person.