hbund216

First Name
Arv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Accord, and Mach-e
Country flag
I ordered our car on 10/16/21 and the dealer accepted the order. Then the price was increased by $1K in 2022 and it was reflected in my order. I never received an email indicating/confirming my original order price from Ford or Dealer. I contacted my dealer and he stated that they would honor the original price if I had an email confirmation with the original price. I never received such an email.

Wondering if anyone has such an experience and how it was resolved.
Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I ordered our car on 10/16/21 and the dealer accepted the order. Then the price was increased by $1K in 2022 and it was reflected in my order. I never received an email indicating/confirming my original order price from Ford or Dealer. I contacted my dealer and he stated that they would honor the original price if I had an email confirmation with the original price. I never received such an email.

Wondering if anyone has such an experience and how it was resolved.
Have your dealer call their zone rep to get the correct price protection, and send it to you in an order summary or invoice.

Epps

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
There is a long thread on this very issue. The bottom line is that dealer's SHOULD be honoring the price protection regardless of whether you have an email showing the original price when the vehicle was ordered, but whether each individual dealer will actually do what is right is a different story.

And frankly your dealer's suggestion that you need an email with the price is ridiculous. They know better than anyone what the pricing history is for these vehicles. In any event, there are a few tips in this longer thread that might help you in dealing with your dealer on this:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/order-prior-to-price-increase-increased-in-price.13082/
Sponsored