Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello people,

Does anybody know how much the ECUs cost for this vehicle? Or where I could find information about them, to buy from the OEM?
I'm interested in those that has the parking, autopilot and all the other functions.

If someone has a part number, or could show me a picture I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!
Sponsored

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I’m super curious to follow this thread. Are you thinking… “If I do an ECU swap then I can magically get these missing features” ?

The former software guy in me says that your chances are slim… and more likely you’d just end up with a brick. But hey I’m itching to find out!

In software, programmers are very likely to put in all sorts of checks for safety, and also to prevent unpredictability… does the VIN assignment match up between these components? Are the software and hardware versions of XYZ component compatible? Etc etc. and if something doesn’t pass a check the likely outcome is “don’t start the car cause something might blow up!”.

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
The ecu will need to be programmed for your specific car.

unless you have access to highly specialized ford tools the dealer has you’re going to spend a small fortune on programming.

from a person who has done engine swaps working with PATS (passive anti theft system) is a total pain in the butt.

Last edited:

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Hello people,

Does anybody know how much the ECUs cost for this vehicle? Or where I could find information about them, to buy from the OEM?
I'm interested in those that has the parking, autopilot and all the other functions.

If someone has a part number, or could show me a picture I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!
You're going to get much more progress for much less effort just using Forscan to program your existing ECU. Most of it is very easy and it's completely free.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
You're going to get much more progress for much less effort just using Forscan to program your existing ECU. Most of it is very easy and it's completely free.
Do OTAs wipe Forscan changes?

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Do OTAs wipe Forscan changes?
Not in my experience. Now it's possible that one could, but like for example there have been multiple updates to the center screen, and in order to wipe away Forscan changes you'd also have to reset all the user configured settings which would piss everyon off.

For other modules they're not supposed to really be configurable in the first place, so if they were wiped only people who used Forscan would notice. But I'm not aware of that happening in the past.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Not in my experience. Now it's possible that one could, but like for example there have been multiple updates to the center screen, and in order to wipe away Forscan changes you'd also have to reset all the user configured settings which would piss everyon off.

For other modules they're not supposed to really be configurable in the first place, so if they were wiped only people who used Forscan would notice. But I'm not aware of that happening in the past.
Thanks, since the rebates are ending soon and I couldn't find a replacement ev in time I guess I'll be keeping mine. Might start tinkering with it sometime this year, I need to read up on what can be done with forscan.
Sponsored