Price Protection difference mailed after sale?

RedFive17

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
6 owned Mustangs. '22 MME, '15, '11, '05, '03, '66
Occupation
IT Geek
Country flag
Hello All, I've tried to find this question on another thread but came up empty. I've found plenty of threads about Price Protection...I think by now we all understand what SHOULD happen. So my car is possibly a week or so away from the dealership and I wanted to get all the price stuff lined up so the sale is quick and painless. There were emails back and forth but long story short, my dealership will honor my X-Plan but only at todays price and then when they receive the Price Protection amount/rebate from Ford, they'll send it to me. First, has anyone else had this arrangement AND it actually successfully happen? I'm worried the dealership will just pocket the money and never tell me it arrived or never send it my way. The sales manager is saying things that imply that they don't think Ford is going to send the rebates or they sometimes take a long time. How is that my problem?

Thoughts?
Sponsored

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Ice Blue GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That is one of the options available to the dealer, it should take about 4 to 6 weeks for you to get a check.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
My dealer lowered the MSRP price of the vehicle to the previous value on the contract, this is the best way. If they are concerned they won't get a check then they need to call VOPC and confirm before the deal happens. A check is not as good because then you are paying tax on the difference which won't be refunded. I think Ford does give the option of having the check mailed with AXZD-plan unfortunately. Make sure the check amount is listed in the "We Owe" section of the purchase agreement before signing, otherwise you have no leverage if they don't send it to you. Do not complete the post-purchase survey until you have your check, if they don't send it warn them you will be giving them a bad review.

OP
OP
RedFive17

RedFive17

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Geek
Country flag
My dealer lowered the MSRP price of the vehicle to the previous value on the contract, this is the best way. If they are concerned they won't get a check then they need to call VOPC and confirm before the deal happens. A check is not as good because then you are paying tax on the difference which won't be refunded. I think Ford does give the option of having the check mailed with AXZD-plan unfortunately. Make sure the check amount is listed in the "We Owe" section of the purchase agreement before signing, otherwise you have no leverage if they don't send it to you. Do not complete the post-purchase survey until you have your check, if they don't send it warn them you will be giving them a bad review.
Thanks for this reply, very helpful.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Your dealer is wrong. You should pay the original X-Plan, or the one as of the October increase less $750. Period.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I just bought my car on 30-Apr and I went around and around with the dealer. It went up to their GM, through the sale manager. I did not get to argue my point with the GM. Long story short, it just came down to the dealers GM making the decision that they would charge me full MSRP, but would honor the price protection. Once they get the check, they will send it to me. I am hoping to get my full $3K back but I am not optimistic. I am hoping for the best but expecting an fight.

I insisted and they agreed to put it in the contract but what they would not put a timeline nor would they put an amount. for the refund. In our eyes, it simple for them to just reduce the price or at the least tell us that the difference we would get. However, from the dealers point of view, they do not want to commit to anything. It gives them wiggle room, reduces risk, ability to maximize profit, etc.

I think it is bovine scatology and playing games, but my only choice was to buy or not buy the car. If I had done the latter, they would have sold my car (30 week wait) in 30 seconds. That is what I actually witnessed, that day, with a white premium that was declined at the very last moment. They sold it that quickly and the sales guy had two buyers waiting if the deal fell through.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It makes me cringe every time someone does this.

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Your dealer is wrong. You should pay the original X-Plan, or the one as of the October increase less $750. Period.
Incorrect, they have been given guidance by corporate that they can provide repayment once the check comes in. The dealers are choosing to do this instead of dropping the price and waiting for Ford to make them whole.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Price Protection difference mailed after sale? 1651699716806

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Incorrect, they have been given guidance by corporate that they can provide repayment once the check comes in. The dealers are choosing to do this instead of dropping the price and waiting for Ford to make them whole.

1651699716806.png
BS. X-Plan is on the old MSRP, not the new. If price went up $2k, then buyer is screwed out of that. May be only $40, but still wrong. #2 is the right way to do a plan sale.

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
BS. X-Plan is on the old MSRP, not the new. If price went up $2k, then buyer is screwed out of that. May be only $40, but still wrong. #2 is the right way to do a plan sale.
I agree with you, but it is a corporate-provided solution to price protection, so dealers are not "wrong" to follow it (per corporate's direction). Just the luck of the draw whether your dealer follows #1 or #2, and I doubt you could push them to do #2 if they have it written like this from corporate that #1 is acceptable

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The problem with @MyLittlePony2022's dealer is that they won't specify the amount. It's simple damn math. And, they could also then do the calculation for X-Plan. "The customer will receive reimbursement within approximately 30 - 45 days, in the amount of 102% of new msrp - original msrp".

Me, I'd be on the phone with the plan administration department. And, at time of survey from Ford, I would rate them as low as the survey allows.

OP
OP
RedFive17

RedFive17

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Geek
Country flag
I just bought my car on 30-Apr and I went around and around with the dealer. It went up to their GM, through the sale manager. I did not get to argue my point with the GM. Long story short, it just came down to the dealers GM making the decision that they would charge me full MSRP, but would honor the price protection. Once they get the check, they will send it to me. I am hoping to get my full $3K back but I am not optimistic. I am hoping for the best but expecting an fight.

I insisted and they agreed to put it in the contract but what they would not put a timeline nor would they put an amount. for the refund. In our eyes, it simple for them to just reduce the price or at the least tell us that the difference we would get. However, from the dealers point of view, they do not want to commit to anything. It gives them wiggle room, reduces risk, ability to maximize profit, etc.

I think it is bovine scatology and playing games, but my only choice was to buy or not buy the car. If I had done the latter, they would have sold my car (30 week wait) in 30 seconds. That is what I actually witnessed, that day, with a white premium that was declined at the very last moment. They sold it that quickly and the sales guy had two buyers waiting if the deal fell through.
Thanks for this info, it may take doing this as well. I'm waiting to hear back from the GM...

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
The mission of the dealers in this world is to always make it right to their clients. You just need to let them know about that. 😢
Sponsored