Gretchen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
Looking for some advice. I ordered a Mach-E Select in April 2022. After the recall which postponed all unfulfilled orders, I was told in writing (by text) that I would probably be getting a 2023 model but that I would have price-protection for the 2022 model price. My vehicle was manufactured at the end of November 2022, was supposed to be delivered by Dec 30 2022 but didn't make it until Jan 13, 2023. Not only did I lose a state rebate due to this delay, but now the dealer is telling me the price-protection only applied when vehicles are built within the model year. What does that even mean? Is there an exact date for each model year? Does my 2023 have to have been built in the 2022 model year? Is that even possible? I called Ford Corp and they said price-protection is up to the dealer while the dealer says it is up to Ford. C'mon guys. Without the price-protection and without the state rebate my sales price is now 10% higher than I had planned. Does anyone know how the price-protection should really work and whose decision it is?
Sponsored

superlarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2023 California Rt 1 Edition
Country flag
I originally ordered a select in March of 2022. I was the email that this was pushed to 2023. I called the dealer and upgraded to a RT1. I took delivery January 3rd. I got price protection to the price of the 2022 RT1s.

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
Looking for some advice. I ordered a Mach-E Select in April 2022. After the recall which postponed all unfulfilled orders, I was told in writing (by text) that I would probably be getting a 2023 model but that I would have price-protection for the 2022 model price. My vehicle was manufactured at the end of November 2022, was supposed to be delivered by Dec 30 2022 but didn't make it until Jan 13, 2023. Not only did I lose a state rebate due to this delay, but now the dealer is telling me the price-protection only applied when vehicles are built within the model year. What does that even mean? Is there an exact date for each model year? Does my 2023 have to have been built in the 2022 model year? Is that even possible? I called Ford Corp and they said price-protection is up to the dealer while the dealer says it is up to Ford. C'mon guys. Without the price-protection and without the state rebate my sales price is now 10% higher than I had planned. Does anyone know how the price-protection should really work and whose decision it is?
it's automatic the dealer needs to use Smart Vincent and pull the rebate up. Your dealer is either intentionally ignorant or lying to you. I would walk away if they don't give it to you. There's a lot of cancelled orders out there

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The dealer is correct in their statement about price protection. What you are covered by now, which should equate to the same thing, is the special offer from Ford that is given to each person whose order was changed from a 22 to a 23 MY. There is a thread that covers this subject and your dealer should understand it too. But it is not called Price Protection. I hope this helps.

OP
OP

Greydog1

First Name
Gretchen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
The dealer is correct in their statement about price protection. What you are covered by now, which should equate to the same thing, is the special offer from Ford that is given to each person whose order was changed from a 22 to a 23 MY. There is a thread that covers this subject and your dealer should understand it too. But it is not called Price Protection. I hope this helps.
Any help on how to find that thread?

OP
OP

Greydog1

First Name
Gretchen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
Update: I called Ford corporate and they said my vehicle did not have a certificate in the transition Private Offer system, but can't tell me why I did not qualify. All I can surmise is that I moved during the year so my address doesn't match. Surely that can't be a reason to disqualify.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Update: I called Ford corporate and they said my vehicle did not have a certificate in the transition Private Offer system, but can't tell me why I did not qualify. All I can surmise is that I moved during the year so my address doesn't match. Surely that can't be a reason to disqualify.
Can you share what phone number you used and how you were able to reach the correct people?

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any help on how to find that thread?
I would also contact the dealer. My understanding was everyone who had a 22MY was supposed to be given the opportunity to roll it over to MY 23. That should have been through your dealer that you placed your order.

OP
OP

Greydog1

First Name
Gretchen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
Can you share what phone number you used and how you were able to reach the correct people?
I called the customer service number 800-392-3673 and they transferred me to Marketing at 800-334-4375. But I can't say those were the "correct people" since they couldn't actually resolve my problem. They said all they could do was see that I didn't have a certificate, but couldn't tell me why I didn't, nor fix it.

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Did you dealer reach out to you when it was time to covert?

If not they probably messed up and canceled your existing order and ordered you a new one on a different order

OP
OP

Greydog1

First Name
Gretchen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag

If not they probably messed up and canceled your existing order and ordered you a new one on a different order
Yes - dealer reached out on Sept 2 and said my order has been shifted to a 2023 and said I'm still price-protected to the 2022 price. I agree. I think maybe they screwed up the paperwork somehow.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes - dealer reached out on Sept 2 and said my order has been shifted to a 2023 and said I'm still price-protected to the 2022 price. I agree. I think maybe they screwed up the paperwork somehow.
Only way to get this straightened out, if it can be, will be through the dealer I believe.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag

^^^^
This is exactly what happened!

My '22 order was also moved into '23 but my ignorant new sales person called to say they would put in a new order for me.

I immediately said "STOP" and asked for the BDC manager who knows more about the transition ordering.

She said to order the '23 at '22 pricing, the original order number must be maintained in order to get the $6500 PCO and be put in Priority 1 build status.

Got an email back when the order was placed and showed me the transitional PCO certificate loaded onto my ORIGINAL order number.

Now that it got invoiced and in transit, my dealer confirmed thru their Smart VINcent - $6500 PCO rebate certificate is visible waiting for me when I pick her up.

OP needs to make a huge stink to the dealership that screwed up the order!

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Hey, tesla is doing a fire sale and tax credit eligible. And OP, aren't you in Maine? How is the 23 select without the heated steering wheel and seat acceptable to you. I am in NJ with 3 months of cold and it is already a must have. I remote start with heat every time when it is below 40F.
Sponsored