First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Focus RS, '21 Bronco
Country flag
Ordered 11/15/21, Purchased 9/6/22,
Received $1000 on 10/28, but my salesperson said sometimes they receive the payment from Ford in multiple transactions. Dealer has done right by me in the past, so I don't think anything nefarious is happening.

Edit: I've tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything, was the price protection $2000 across the board, or did it vary by trim level? I have a '22 Premium SR AWD.

Edit 2: I found it!! So I did receive the full refund.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ycking

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E AWD Premium, 22' BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Ordered 11/15/21, Purchased 9/6/22,
Received $1000 on 10/28, but my salesperson said sometimes they receive the payment from Ford in multiple transactions. Dealer has done right by me in the past, so I don't think anything nefarious is happening.

Edit: I've tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything, was the price protection $2000 across the board, or did it vary by trim level? I have a '22 Premium SR AWD.

Edit 2: I found it!! So I did receive the full refund.
Sorry was not able to respond to your post sooner, but yea its based on your car trim/option you got.

Phrozen

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Order placed: 5/21/2021
Built 5/7/2022
Received 7/7/2022

Refund from Dealer of $2,000 received 9/9/2022

I'd say we did alright.

bpbailey

First Name
BYRON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Select; '23 BMW i4; '20 Prius Prime
Country flag
Delivery 4/23/22
Refund: 7/15/22

Perry Ford
National City, CA

Received full $1,000 price protection refund from Ford, but technically I was not completely compensated because I paid sales tax on that $1,000 when I took delivery (additional $87.50).

sabbyzaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E, Nissan 370Z
Country flag
Coming up on 120 days and still waiting for my refund. Evergreen Ford in Issaquah, WA. I will be surprised if I see the money this year.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So... the dealer where I bought my GTPE with Ford Options told me they got hit with a $3K chargeback from Ford which is the price protection and Options rebate amount. I suspect it was because I traded the GTPE away (for various reasons) before 90 days. Dealers might be holding onto the funds until 90-120 days have passed.

This dealer made $7K+ on my trade-in and $5K+ on my abandoned Mach-E order. They mentioned they'd continue doing business with me (I have a Ford Bronco order with them that is in production).

Ccarbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA Rte 1 AWD (2022)
Country flag
Delivery 4/23/22
Refund: 7/15/22

Perry Ford
National City, CA

Received full $1,000 price protection refund from Ford, but technically I was not completely compensated because I paid sales tax on that $1,000 when I took delivery (additional $87.50).
Did you receive the refund from Ford corporate or from your dealer?

Godawgs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E4X Ordered
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Picked up car on 8/7
Notified check was ready for pick up 11/28
Dealer - Gwinnett Place Ford

sabbyzaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E, Nissan 370Z
Country flag
Hi all, I have officially filed a claim with Ford HQ, BBB and AG on my dealership after 120+ days of waiting, emailing, calling and getting nowhere. Issaquah, WA Ford has lied and told me that Ford would mail a check directly to be. Ford marketing department confirmed this in not true and to work with my dealer for the money. Just warning anyone in case a dealer tells them this story, I have a long road to get my money back.

Lord_Sweeney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Country flag
Hi all, I have officially filed a claim with Ford HQ, BBB and AG on my dealership after 120+ days of waiting, emailing, calling and getting nowhere. Issaquah, WA Ford has lied and told me that Ford would mail a check directly to be. Ford marketing department confirmed this in not true and to work with my dealer for the money. Just warning anyone in case a dealer tells them this story, I have a long road to get my money back.
How did you file a claim with Ford?

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I got the same story from my dealer when we started our initial conversation about the price protection. I did same as you did, and called Ford and got the same answer. When I went in to buy the car, I pushed and pushed them until we got to the truth, they get the check and they pay me, when paid. I am not sure if the dealerships simply do not know the process or don't want to provide the facts. If the later is true, why do this? What is the reasoning? However, that delves in the minds of man and madness.

Good luck. My check took 124 days to arrive and I still had to fight to get them to issue it to me. My story is in this thread.

sabbyzaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E, Nissan 370Z
Country flag
Thank you for sharing your story, unfortunately this seems to be the case with a lot of us. I really don't understand how the deceat is worth it. Issaquah Ford went as far to have me sign a paper around how the PP works and validated my mailing address so Ford corporation can mail this directly to me. At this point it's I feel that my dealer is aware and trying to come up $4k on each sale. They are banking on the fact that we stay quiet.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Thank you for sharing your story, unfortunately this seems to be the case with a lot of us. I really don't understand how the deceat is worth it. Issaquah Ford went as far to have me sign a paper around how the PP works and validated my mailing address so Ford corporation can mail this directly to me. At this point it's I feel that my dealer is aware and trying to come up $4k on each sale. They are banking on the fact that we stay quiet.
I assume that you are getting $2K back thus the $4K number. They get your $2K of overpayment and then they get the $2K rebate from Ford. Not sure that is legal.

sabbyzaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E, Nissan 370Z
Country flag
I assume that you are getting $2K back thus the $4K number. They get your $2K of overpayment and then they get the $2K rebate from Ford. Not sure that is legal.
Correct they get my $2k and keep the additional $2k Ford gives them. I would just like my $2k back not even putting up a fight for the taxes I had to pay on that $2k either
Sponsored