MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Correct they get my $2k and keep the additional $2k Ford gives them. I would just like my $2k back not even putting up a fight for the taxes I had to pay on that $2k either
Yes, that was my fight with the dealership that I paid ~9% tax on $3K when the price protection refund was between Ford and them, and not me. My put me in the middle. I even asked them to offset the tax cost with something like free stuff, credits, discounted warranty... that went nowhere.
All they have to do is go into Smart Vincent and put in the price adjustment, and Ford sends them a check. However, I image it is all about cash flow and them having my money in the bank.
Sponsored

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Newbie, and soon to be MME owner question:

Why would you have to wait for a refund if the dealer contracted the correct amount using Smart VINcent ?

Isn't the dealer supposed to use the price protection options (day of order vs day of delivery) for your sales contract ?

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Why would you have to wait for a refund if the dealer contracted the correct amount using Smart VINcent ?

Isn't the dealer supposed to use the price protection options (day of order vs day of delivery) for your sales contract ?
That is the million dollar question that most of us on this thread have asked. There is another thread on the forum talking about price protection and how the dealer can use Smart Vincent. There is even a video posted of a pod casting dealer in the midwest (forget what state) that tells you what to tell your dealer and how they can use Smart Vincent to do price protection. As to when the dealer should put it in the system, that I cannot advise. I do not think anyone can understand why dealerships do what they do other than one word....greed.

sabbyzaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E, Nissan 370Z
Country flag

You would think, however it depends on the dealer and how they do business. Since it takes 45+ for Ford to give them the money dealers aren't willing to front the cost and places the burden on customers.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
You would think, however it depends on the dealer and how they do business. Since it takes 45+ for Ford to give them the money dealers aren't willing to front the cost and places the burden on customers.
So the Smart VINcent screen that the dealer sees but not uses - is the refund because the dealer does not get the credit immediately ?

Gee I hope mine goes smooth because I have a transitional PCO for $6,000 on my incoming Premium.

Don't hold out much hope for price protection as the Ford Options rates have increased since my original order....

sabbyzaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E, Nissan 370Z
Country flag
Success! I received my price protection check in the mail today. Check was from my dealership after I made a huge stink they could not ignore me any longer. Officially 129 days from purchase which would have probably been longer if I had not escalated. For new buyers, tell your dealer to take the cost off at day off purchase and save yourself the headache.
@ycking you can add my refund date as 12/12/22. Thank you for this thread it has been very helpful.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Success! I received my price protection check in the mail today. Check was from my dealership after I made a huge stink they could not ignore me any longer. Officially 129 days from purchase which would have probably been longer if I had not escalated. For new buyers, tell your dealer to take the cost off at day off purchase and save yourself the headache.
@ycking you can add my refund date as 12/12/22. Thank you for this thread it has been very helpful.
@sabbyzaki Congratulations on getting your check. I think most of had similar wait times and getting the check always seems to involve either bugging or escalating to the dealers to get them to release the funds. Unfortunately, I think the 100 days is becoming more the norm before the dealer either gets the check or is willing give your money back. Who knows if they get it early and hang on to the money.

I agree 100% that if you are buying a MME and IF you can get the dealer to agree to giving you the price protection at time of sale, you will reduce some of the pain. Pain being the wait time, the escalation and don't forget the extra tax you pay. The big "if" is getting the dealer to agree which most do not. I pushed and pushed and was told no. They did not say it but you can see it in their expressions, "don't like it, walk and I will sell the car in 2 minutes for $10K over MSRP". In fact, the table next to me was that person who got called and was at the dealership 5 minutes later with check book in hand to pay the inflated cost so they could have the MME without waiting. I talked to them and they were a nice couple with kids and they needed a car now since their old one was dead. I think they were on many lists at many dealers to try to get any good car with decent mileage.

Good luck to those that are waiting or about to buy. :)

sabbyzaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E, Nissan 370Z
Country flag
@sabbyzaki Congratulations on getting your check. I think most of had similar wait times and getting the check always seems to involve either bugging or escalating to the dealers to get them to release the funds. Unfortunately, I think the 100 days is becoming more the norm before the dealer either gets the check or is willing give your money back. Who knows if they get it early and hang on to the money.

I agree 100% that if you are buying a MME and IF you can get the dealer to agree to giving you the price protection at time of sale, you will reduce some of the pain. Pain being the wait time, the escalation and don't forget the extra tax you pay. The big "if" is getting the dealer to agree which most do not. I pushed and pushed and was told no. They did not say it but you can see it in their expressions, "don't like it, walk and I will sell the car in 2 minutes for $10K over MSRP". In fact, the table next to me was that person who got called and was at the dealership 5 minutes later with check book in hand to pay the inflated cost so they could have the MME without waiting. I talked to them and they were a nice couple with kids and they needed a car now since their old one was dead. I think they were on many lists at many dealers to try to get any good car with decent mileage.

Good luck to those that are waiting or about to buy. :)
Yes I ran it through in my head the options and really only option for me was to pay up front or lose the car. I remember the dealer making a comment that they weren't making money on my sale. Almost like they wish I had walked away.

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
I rec'd my price protection check from my dealer today. I picked up my 22 on 10/14. I was notified on 12/23 by my dealer that my $2k credit showed up on their dealer reconciliation report. This was consistent with their expectation that it would be about 2 months before it showed up. I asked them to delay mailing the check since I was out of town - they sent it last week and I got it today. Its for the fully $2k that was applicable to my MME.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I received our price protection check ($2k) on 12/23 for an MME we signed for on 9/23.

Our dealer didn't give us a check at signing, their policy is to have Ford pay them then they pay us. I admit I don't love that arrangement, but our dealer is the highest volume in the country and has been working with our family for decades now, so I didn't lose too much sleep over the wait. Just glad it did show up.

So just about 90 days on the nose.

Its_my_wifes_car

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 - Premium AWD ER
Country flag
My $8,500 price protection (ordered 12/17/21 - received 2/30/22) was deducted from the final cost of the vehicle at the time of purchase - no waiting for a check. They also deducted my initial $500 deposit (as they should)!

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
With grim determination, I read these "price protection" stories. My dealer refused to honor the price protection promise at time of purchase, saying they'd reimburse me after they apply to Ford and are themselves reimbursed. I'm only at day-38 of waiting for Ford/dealer to honor the price protection policy and repay $2000 "overcharge" at time of purchase. I've made this one of my two major complaints in the several post-purchase reviews, so far. (The other complaint is the year-long wait, $1500 deposit, and poor communication during that wait.) A lesser complaint I have that's yet to play out is the $155 California sales tax I had to pay on the $2000 "overcharge".
Ford Mustang Mach-E Price Protection Refund Tracking - Add Your Status 1673981865092

MME premium AWD ER ordered 12/7/21, delivered 12/9/22.

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext, Chevy Bolt, Honda Minivan
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
When my order changed from a 2021 to a 2022, Ford applied a $750 credit (applied at the time of purchase) for the inconvenience of the $2000 increase. That means the increase was really $1250.
When my car arrived, I talked to the dealer (Villa Ford Orange CA) who was very transparent. They said they had to pay the 2022 price so I need to pay it. Then they apply to Ford for the price protection. When they get the check, I get the check. They don't do it up front because they have witnessed long delays in the past.

The $500 dollar was also re-imbursed (that only took a few weeks). Again, the reservation deposit was paid to Ford, not the dealership. If the dealership paid either up front, good for them as they were carrying the cost and the risk. That is up to them.

I picked up the car on 3/1/22 (great experience with the dealer) and got my check on 12/28/22. Am I upset...absolutely not. Waited 300 days to come out almost $600 ahead on a $2000 "investment" with Ford. Better than my Ford shares are doing....not really, the dividends add up. Wait...300 days, it think I am winning..or is that losing?🤣

1) The $2000 increase off set by $750. When you add in the $2000 check, it more than offsets any sales tax or interest anyone would have incurred (even at 300 days). Well done Ford.
2) When I put down my deposit, I was "reserving" a vehicle. I didn't have to buy it. That means, when the 2021 allocation was up, and it rolled to a 2022 with a price increase, I had the option to bail out and get my deposit back, 100%. A $2000 increase on a $56k vehicle is a small increase, especially considering the price increases with material shortages going on. So that was my choice. Would I have "bought" the car 7 months before it was delivered (at that time we had no idea how long it would take) and start making payments...not a chance.
3) To the dealers who did send the refunds to their customers without being hounded...kudos to you. We have no idea if Ford paid you or not. I wasn't expecting anything. Thanks for showing that some dealerships are honest and there for the customers. I wouldn't put it past some of the dealers I am reading about holding onto the money until the customer finds out the price protection was paid. Glad I have a good dealer.

One last comment. I know $2000 is a lot of money. But companies have policies and they need to follow them. The dealerships are also working with Ford Motor Corporation. That is not a small company. Some things just don't happen over night. I have found that working professionally with anyone results in a better response than screaming and yelling and demanding results. They might actually go the extra yard for you just to spite that person who is a pain.

So instead of complaining about every little thing (I have had some issues, fortunately nothing major), I have enjoyed the best Ford I have ever owned (8th Ford vehicle....4th mustang) and the best dealer experience yet.

...steps down from soap box...

Last edited:

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
so,
When my order changed from a 2021 to a 2022, Ford applied a $750 credit (applied at the time of purchase) for the inconvenience of the $2000 increase. That means the increase was really $1250.
When my car arrived, I talked to the dealer (Villa Ford Orange CA) who was very transparent. They said they had to pay the 2022 price so I need to pay it. Then they apply to Ford for the price protection. When they get the check, I get the check. They don't do it up front because they have witnessed long delays in the past.

The $500 dollar was also re-imbursed (that only took a few weeks). Again, the reservation deposit was paid to Ford, not the dealership. If the dealership paid either up front, good for them as they were carrying the cost and the risk. That is up to them.

I picked up the car on 3/1/22 (great experience with the dealer) and got my check on 12/28/22. Am I upset...absolutely not. Waited 300 days to come out almost $600 ahead on a $2000 "investment" with Ford. Better than my Ford shares are doing....not really, the dividends add up. Wait...300 days, it think I am winning..or is that losing?🤣

1) The $2000 increase off set by $750. When you add in the $2000 check, it more than offsets any sales tax or interest anyone would have incurred (even at 300 days). Well done Ford.
2) When I put down my deposit, I was "reserving" a vehicle. I didn't have to buy it. That means, when the 2021 allocation was up, and it rolled to a 2022 with a price increase, I had the option to bail out and get my deposit back, 100%. A $2000 increase on a $56k vehicle is a small increase, especially considering the price increases with material shortages going on. So that was my choice. Would I have "bought" the car 7 months before it was delivered (at that time we had no idea how long it would take) and start making payments...not a chance.
3) To the dealers who did send the refunds to their customers without being hounded...kudos to you. We have no idea if Ford paid you or not. I wasn't expecting anything. Thanks for showing that some dealerships are honest and there for the customers. I wouldn't put it past some of the dealers I am reading about holding onto the money until the customer finds out the price protection was paid. Glad I have a good dealer.

One last comment. I know $2000 is a lot of money. But companies have policies and they need to follow them. The dealerships are also working with Ford Motor Corporation. That is not a small company. Some things just don't happen over night. I have found that working professionally with anyone results in a better response than screaming and yelling and demanding results. They might actually go the extra yard for you just to spite that person who is a pain.

So instead of complaining about every little thing (I have had some issues, fortunately nothing major), I have enjoyed the best Ford I have ever owned (8th Ford vehicle....4th mustang) and the best dealer experience yet.

...steps down from soap box...
So, you waited 10 months for your dealer to mail you the $2000 rebate? I'm also wondering, if it goes to Ford, how an order at one dealer costs $500 and another dealer, a few miles away requires $1500?
(Me: never owned a Ford, knew nothing about Ford dealerships when I ordered online and was forced to "pick" a dealer from the four that were within 10 miles of me; by chance, I did not pick Villa Ford. While waiting and waiting for my MME order to be scheduled, I wait-listed at multiple dealers for EVs that looked good to me. No Ford MME came available. I've been a proud owner of a very fine EV, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd since last spring. So, Ford potentially lost a "crossover" client in me. I did buy the MME in 2022 and will give it to my daughter. We'll see whether she joins the Ford "family". btw, Cal DMV delivered title and plates in only 1 month, while I'm still waiting for Ford's $2000 rebate, e.g. day-40.)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Price Protection Refund Tracking - Add Your Status 1674093010412

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext, Chevy Bolt, Honda Minivan
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
so,

So, you waited 10 months for your dealer to mail you the $2000 rebate? I'm also wondering, if it goes to Ford, how an order at one dealer costs $500 and another dealer, a few miles away requires $1500?
(Me: never owned a Ford, knew nothing about Ford dealerships when I ordered online and was forced to "pick" a dealer from the four that were within 10 miles of me; by chance, I did not pick Villa Ford. While waiting and waiting for my MME order to be scheduled, I wait-listed at multiple dealers for EVs that looked good to me. No Ford MME came available. I've been a proud owner of a very fine EV, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd since last spring. So, Ford potentially lost a "crossover" client in me. I did buy the MME in 2022 and will give it to my daughter. We'll see whether she joins the Ford "family". btw, Cal DMV delivered title and plates in only 1 month, while I'm still waiting for Ford's $2000 rebate, e.g. day-40.)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Price Protection Refund Tracking - Add Your Status 1674093010412
I used to travel from LA to Singapore once a month for 5 year on business. I am either a glutton for punishment or just really patient. Since I was really only out $1250, and I am easily saving that much in gas per year(free charging at work), I was not going to promote more hair lose by continually harping the dealer.

I have 3 ford dealers in the OC that I will not do any business with again and a few in LA. The I-5 is a great car so you can’t be too upset. And your daughter scored.

At least I am not a poor Tesla owner that just bought a MY 3 weeks ago only to see the price drop $13,000 and qualify for a $7500 tax credit.

if they are close enough, give Villa a try. Even their service people have been great. They did the 10k service for $24 and the found one of my aftermarket lugs was cracked (admittedly, they were cheap) and they replaced all of my lugs at no charge I the off chance they might have damaged it. They polished out some scratches and updated my software, even when I forgot to ask. Again, no charge. They really are looking for long term customers.

my plates also came fast and the carpool sticker too. My plates were stolen, so I paid $60(?) and got my replacements in about 2 weeks. So even the DMV has been great the last year. WHAT!!!