OP
ycking

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E AWD Premium, 22' BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Can someone tell me what this is all about? I ordered my car in 7/21 and then didn't pick up the car until Jan 22. Is this something you had to apply for?
If you ordered before December 8, 2021 then you should have gotten price protection at time of delivery or after (which is this tread is about). If you compare your order sheet when you placed the order and when you took delivery there is most likely a increase on MSRP of the Mach E.

See the following topic regarding the price protection:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/price-protection.14010/
Sponsored

BaconNerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer Hybrid 22', Mach-E 22'
I thought I’ll create a thread for those that did not receive a price protection (ordered before dec 8, 2021) at the time of the delivery and was told it will come after Ford sends dealer the refund. If you received a check later, please feel free to share how long it took after delivery to receive it. This should help those that are waiting and get a good idea how long Ford is taking to refund the dealer.

I took delivery 7/6 and still waiting.

UserDelivery DateRefund DateTotal DaysRefund Received
ycking07/6/22N/AN/ANo
Socalsp305/12/22N/AN/ANo
TD127305/07/2206/24/22~48 DaysYes
Psalm13905/07/22N/AN/ANo
Truffle05/21/22N/AN/ANo
jimitoast07/01/22N/AN/ANo
AeroEng06/10/2206/25/22~15 DaysYes
BaconNerd05/28/2206/30/22~33 DaysYes
BalsaDust06/02/2207/29/22~57 DaysYes
1969Camaro07/07/2207/26/22~19 DaysYes
Please correct to show that I got my refund in July, not June. So 63 days. Thank you.

mdbnoh8ers

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
If you ordered before December 8, 2021 then you should have gotten price protection at time of delivery or after (which is this tread is about). If you compare your order sheet when you placed the order and when you took delivery there is most likely a increase on MSRP of the Mach E.

See the following topic regarding the price protection:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/price-protection.14010/
Yes. Thank you for this reminder. I order mine in November. I just emailed the general manager about this as it was negated by my salesman and the finance department at the dealership. I bought my mme on Friday. I paid the December price increase rate, as that was what was on my vehicle sticker, but it was 1k more than my original order.

callen01

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F250 7.3, Acura MDX, 2022 MME Prem. Rapid Red
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Country flag
Purchase completed on 7/19.
No Check received yet.
Dealer was adamant that there was no price protection at purchase time. The sales manager thought he needed to mansplain price protection to me 😡 as he shoved the paperwork with a $2200 price increase included at me.
I received a call from the GM at the dealership last Friday stating that "it appears that you do have price protection, but it's very confusing". He said they should see something in their account in 30-45 days and would get a check to me once they have it.

RobbertPatrison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice White Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I ordered in August 2021 and took delivery on March 19, 2022. Out of the blue, I received the $2000 price protection refund check from the dealer on June 27, 2022. A nice surprise as I had almost given up on that after 3 months. Getting my $500 deposit back also took a month + many phone calls.
So in the end it worked out and I am glad that I got my 2022 MME at the 2021 price. Taxes and registration are calculated on the (higher) 2022 MSRP. So due to these weird accounting practices we still pay a little more than we should.

Last edited:

MetrowestZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California AWD
Country flag
Is anyone receiving the check after not getting the dealer to honor the pp? My dealer played like this wasn’t a thing and it was internet fantasy but also sort of implied take it or leave it so I took it. Could a check suddenly appear or it is not linked to my name?

Bridaddy6

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Programmer Analyst
Country flag
Picked car up 5/11, no refund check yet. Dealer says a few others are in the same boat as me, SoCal.

outfishin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
OP
OP
ycking

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is anyone receiving the check after not getting the dealer to honor the pp? My dealer played like this wasn’t a thing and it was internet fantasy but also sort of implied take it or leave it so I took it. Could a check suddenly appear or it is not linked to my name?
I ordered my car in July 2021 and signed all of my paper work on Dec 31st, 2021. Do I need to contact Ford regarding this? Because the dealership I picked up my car at I wouldnt even send my worse enemy to!!!

Price protection is AUTOMATIC and there is nothing the dealer need to do. The dealer will automatically receive a credit in the amount of the increase as long as the unit is reported sold in the name of the person who ordered it. After dealer receives the credit, its up to them if they want to write a check out to you. I would follow up with the dealer, since you should have received it by now. I am not sure if there are any other actions you can take. Only thing I can think of is leave dealership reviews on Yelp, Google, and if you received a survey give it low score.

If anybody else have any other suggestions, please share.

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
Seems like it would be fraud if the dealer kept the money they received back from Ford.

For the people still waiting and it's been months I'd pester the heck out of them.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
My dealer honored Price Protection, they reduced the sticker price, and will wait for the check for themselves. The correct way of doing this I believe.

OP
OP
ycking

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seems like it would be fraud if the dealer kept the money they received back from Ford.

For the people still waiting and it's been months I'd pester the heck out of them.
Most dealers just care about their profits over customer support based on what I been reading on these forums. On other hand Ford should have never put the price protection in the hands of dealers to handle.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Most dealers just care about their profits over customer support based on what I been reading on these forums. On other hand Ford should have never put the price protection in the hands of dealers to handle.
Agree. It was an old process that rarely got used before the pandemic since pricing was much more stable and wait times were much shorter. Also, the price differences were relatively small, only a couple hundred dollars, so it wasn't as big of a deal if it got missed. Price protection at the level we're seeing was unheard of 3 years ago. Thousands of dollars are at stake now, which makes it a prime target for dealers to manipulate for their own gain. Ford BADLY needs to overhaul price protection to bring it into the post-pandemic era and increase transparency. It should show up on the online order status page and be applied at the checkout.

I have a feeling the people that signed in May probably aren't ever going to get their checks and should leave bad reviews for their dealers. I would never close the deal without an "owes-me" clause stating the check is owed. I was lucky to get mine applied at the time of purchase.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Agree. It was an old process that rarely got used before the pandemic since pricing was much more stable and wait times were much shorter. Also, the price differences were relatively small, only a couple hundred dollars, so it wasn't as big of a deal if it got missed. Price protection at the level we're seeing was unheard of 3 years ago. Thousands of dollars are at stake now, which makes it a prime target for dealers to manipulate for their own gain. Ford BADLY needs to overhaul price protection to bring it into the post-pandemic era and increase transparency. It should show up on the online order status page and be applied at the checkout.

I have a feeling the people that signed in May probably aren't ever going to get their checks and should leave bad reviews for their dealers. I would never close the deal without an "owes-me" clause stating the check is owed. I was lucky to get mine applied at the time of purchase.

I think it's more because people didn't really used to order cars and wait for them for 9+ months. How many here actually have ordered a car and waited for it prior to their MME?

I know I haven't and just searched dealer inventory in the past and just bought/picked up after I got there.
Sponsored