Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
I may be opening up a can of worms here, but given my order and lack of scheduled build date, I'm going to ask anyway.
I have an April 5, 2022 order of a GTPE. We've just gone through scheduling for the week off 7/18/22 (Scheduling releases in 7/21/22). I'm happy to see so many with older orders get scheduled. I have seen some with orders after mine get scheduled as well. 🤬
There's a big question mark over:
  1. Will there be any more scheduled build dates for 2022 models?
    • 2023's builds start on 10/31/2022
    • There will be some degree of retooling for the model year change. (Plant closure)
    • The Cuautitlán plant seems to just close 1-2 weeks at a time at the drop of a hat.
  2. Will my order be rolled to a 2023?
  3. Will I get hit with a price increase?
  4. Will a 2023 delivery be so late as to push me from the $7,500 tax credit down to the $3,250?
So I wanted to ask everyone about something I MAY be able to control... Price Protection

I was on a chat with Ford today, and they said I can ask the dealer to put Price Protection on my order. Well, I've asked about that many times before chatting through text with the dealer rep. When I ask, I've been told.... well..... nothing. There never seems to be an answer.
The nice Ford Chat Rep told me that if they're unaware of how to get info on Price Protection, they have internal resources available to help. Ultimately, she said that the person to contact would be the Service Manager. I asked, "The manager of the service department? The one with the mechanics, etc." She said, no. The Service Manager is the head of the dealership.

Am I spinning my wheels for nothing? Am I wasting my time?
I'm not on the friends and family X-plan, or A-Z-plan. I have a confirmed order that I received the Email from Ford for with the picture of the car and 4 steps that are seemingly stuck on "Order Confirmed".

Has anyone had any luck getting Price Protection on their order? If so, how?
Is there a special name, secret handshake, special password, specific key sequence on the piano to get to the Bat Price Protection Cave (Nolan Batman)?
Thanks for any information.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You are spinning your wheels for nothing. There is nothing to submit or do. Lots of people including myself have gotten price protection. Read the many threads already in existence.

Godawgs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E4X Ordered
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Go sign up for Mustang Club of America for $35 now to get X-Plan if your dealer accepts it. You have to have been a member for 90 days first

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Price protection is up to the dealer and they can chose to do anything they want. Ford has nothing to do with price protection. I hope you work with your dealer to get price protection.

Parasmoney

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I may be opening up a can of worms here, but given my order and lack of scheduled build date, I'm going to ask anyway.
I have an April 5, 2022 order of a GTPE. We've just gone through scheduling for the week off 7/18/22 (Scheduling releases in 7/21/22). I'm happy to see so many with older orders get scheduled. I have seen some with orders after mine get scheduled as well. 🤬
There's a big question mark over:
  1. Will there be any more scheduled build dates for 2022 models?
    • 2023's builds start on 10/31/2022
    • There will be some degree of retooling for the model year change. (Plant closure)
    • The Cuautitlán plant seems to just close 1-2 weeks at a time at the drop of a hat.
  2. Will my order be rolled to a 2023?
  3. Will I get hit with a price increase?
  4. Will a 2023 delivery be so late as to push me from the $7,500 tax credit down to the $3,250?
So I wanted to ask everyone about something I MAY be able to control... Price Protection

I was on a chat with Ford today, and they said I can ask the dealer to put Price Protection on my order. Well, I've asked about that many times before chatting through text with the dealer rep. When I ask, I've been told.... well..... nothing. There never seems to be an answer.
The nice Ford Chat Rep told me that if they're unaware of how to get info on Price Protection, they have internal resources available to help. Ultimately, she said that the person to contact would be the Service Manager. I asked, "The manager of the service department? The one with the mechanics, etc." She said, no. The Service Manager is the head of the dealership.

Am I spinning my wheels for nothing? Am I wasting my time?
I'm not on the friends and family X-plan, or A-Z-plan. I have a confirmed order that I received the Email from Ford for with the picture of the car and 4 steps that are seemingly stuck on "Order Confirmed".

Has anyone had any luck getting Price Protection on their order? If so, how?
Is there a special name, secret handshake, special password, specific key sequence on the piano to get to the Bat Price Protection Cave (Nolan Batman)?
Thanks for any information.
I might have missed something but why will the 2023 MMe not get full $7500 credit? Will Ford be reaching the vehicles soldlimit by then?

OP
OP
DadzBoyz

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I might have missed something but why will the 2023 MMe not get full $7500 credit? Will Ford be reaching the vehicles soldlimit by then?
Projections from earlier this year showed Ford hitting the limit in the 3rd quarter. That may or may not happen with the stop sale that occurred due to the recall. If they do, the $7,500 expires December 31, 2022. (The quarter following the quarter they hit the limit.

2023 builds start October 31. Deliveries would likely start early to mid-December (4-5 weeks to transport). So, if they hit the limit in Q3, very few, if any 2023’s will be eligible. They would likely roll to the lower $3,750 tax credit for the 1st Quarter if 2023.

OP
OP
DadzBoyz

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Price protection is up to the dealer and they can chose to do anything they want. Ford has nothing to do with price protection. I hope you work with your dealer to get price protection.
Text from my dealer:

“Price Protection deals with protecting the MSRP and that always comes from Ford and not the dealer. while yes we set the selling price but Ford sets the MSRP and that has to be price protected from Ford. I know in the past Ford has done special offers for those customers.”

And

“It is not something that we can just go and get because we want it as much as I would love for that. Ford has to determine if they are going to have a program to price protect customers who have to move model years or give them a special private offer. Once Ford decides if they will have that available then yes we would go in at the time of sale and claim the price protection. It is just Ford has not fully decided nor notified the dealerships on that as of yet. We should get info on it around the beginning of August.

To sum it up yes there is a way with the price protection program but that program has not been stated to include the 22-23 model change for customers. In the past Ford has not exactly price protected those customers but instead issued a private cash offer and private special finance rate.”

OP
OP
DadzBoyz

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
This is why I was hoping for some advice.
So many conflicting statements from so many sources.
From the Ford Chat Rep:
“Wendy: Price protection guarantees the original price level, if your ordering Ford Dealership is having trouble adding it to your order, they have internal resources available so they can get further assistance.”

And

“Wendy: You can request to speak to the Service Manger, they may be able to advise further if there is a restriction in adding it to your order.”

“Me: Service Manager, as in Mechanic, Service Shop manager?”

“Wendy: Service Manager would be the main person in charge of the Ford Dealership.”

So, Ford says one thing, Dealer another, I hear something else here.

I was joking about passwords, secret handshakes, special key sequences on the piano to get to the Price Protection Cave. This is why.

I guess I was hoping for the name of a program, steps to enroll, person to talk to. Maybe someone at Ford…

Can someone @Ford Motor Company provide definitive guidance?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Your dealer is correct. There is nothing yet announced for 2022s becoming 2023s, because it is in the future and may not happen.

As I said prior, there is nothing for you to do.

OP
OP
DadzBoyz

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
@RickMachE….

We don’t all have the depth and breadth of flawless knowledge that you do, BUT…

….we still love you. 💘

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is why I was hoping for some advice.
So many conflicting statements from so many sources.
From the Ford Chat Rep:
“Wendy: Price protection guarantees the original price level, if your ordering Ford Dealership is having trouble adding it to your order, they have internal resources available so they can get further assistance.”

And

“Wendy: You can request to speak to the Service Manger, they may be able to advise further if there is a restriction in adding it to your order.”

“Me: Service Manager, as in Mechanic, Service Shop manager?”

“Wendy: Service Manager would be the main person in charge of the Ford Dealership.”

So, Ford says one thing, Dealer another, I hear something else here.

I was joking about passwords, secret handshakes, special key sequences on the piano to get to the Price Protection Cave. This is why.

I guess I was hoping for the name of a program, steps to enroll, person to talk to. Maybe someone at Ford…

Can someone @Ford Motor Company provide definitive guidance?
The price protection for Mach’s this past December was Ford raising the MSRP while honoring the MSRP to a customer who ordered the car before the price increase. The dealer still paid Ford the new cost of the car but received a price protection rebate from Ford after the verified the car was sold to the person who ordered it. Some dealers charged the purchaser the full price and refunded them after they received the price protection rebate from Ford. Some dealers just did not honor it. Bottom line though is price protection was initiated by Ford and not the dealer. I have no insight but Ford cut off orders quite a while ago and my guess is they will complete 22MY orders before rolling out 23MY vehicles and 23MY vehicles will have increased MSRP.

OP
OP
DadzBoyz

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
@AKgrampy , I hope they do the same this time.

I hope it’s clear, both from all of the posts here and from the quotes from my own experience today, that the word quoted from Ford is in conflict with the word quoted from the dealer.

When we’re talking expected $5k+ price increase (varying on model, but mine is a GTPE) then delays threatening a $7,500 tax rebate (down to $3,750), well, we’ve now increased the cost of purchase by $8,750-$12,500, give or take.
That’s buy or don’t buy money.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
@RickMachE….

We don’t all have the depth and breadth of flawless knowledge that you do, BUT…

….we still love you. 💘
I don't always agree with him, but he's right on this one.

The car companies are not obligated to do price protection unless you have a written agreement on the price. While it is horribly misleading, the Ford website order isn't really an order, but a reservation. Sure, you put down a deposit and see a price, but it's not a price agreement. The dealer sets the price you buy at, not Ford. Ford just makes a suggestion and charges the dealer.

So far we've had two price protection programs from Ford: the $750 credit for people whose 2021 orders were rolled into 2022's, and the $2,000 refund for orders placed before 12/8/2021. It bodes well that they'd likely do something like that again, but who can say? And since in this cases the money came from Ford, it's out of the dealer's hands. In the case of the latter, the dealers are reimbursed by Ford; many have taken to sending the check to the customers only after they get it from Ford, so that they're not potentially out some money if Ford delays their payments.

Is your order going to become a 2023? Nobody knows. Is there going to be a price increase? Probably, but right now it's not entirely set. Will Ford offer price protection? Given their track record, probably, but nobody knows.

Too many variables right now.

On the other hand, I recently bought another vehicle and I was told that I had price protection. And I did - price protection from the $14,500 "availability price adjustment" that the dealer set, not the manufacturer. (We call that ADM, or added dealer markup, on this forum.) If you want to avoid that, ask your dealer to sign a purchase agreement or price agreement with you. It seems like the perfect dealerships do it without you asking, or at least, are willing to do it. Mine made me wait until the VIN was assigned, and I'll be checking in with them in the coming days to sort that out and make sure that they know about Ford's price protection program.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Here’s my take on this: you are not spinning your wheels, but there’s nothing you can do now.

At order placement, you could have asked the dealer to provide you with a signed New Vehicle Buyer’s Order (the long, multi-colored sheet that you will end us signing when taking delivery) and an Order Summary (build sheet that specifies pricing for A/Z, X, MSRP and invoice). The first document is legally binding and provides not only vehicle price but also out the door pricing (fees, taxes, title, etc). Since you ordered a 2022 with a known price, the dealer is able to commit to a sale price for the vehicle with no VIN required. If the dealer pushed back on that, you could have picked a different one at a time when you could choose. It’s too late now because you are stuck with them and have no recourse but to wait and see what they would do.

The above is based on practical experience with Ford on a Mach-E that I picked up last week. Good luck.
Sponsored