GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
After bragging about charging $10-15k ADM on stock units for the past 2+ years, my dealer sends me this message today:

Subject: New Ford Models in Stock Today and Priced to Sell

You’ve likely heard about the national new vehicle inventory shortages over the past several months. If you’ve been waiting for inventory levels to pick back up and are looking for a good price and a low-pressure and transparent sales process, today is your day!

We just got a large shipment of the most popular New Ford Models, and they are priced right and ready for you to drive home today!

The All-New Ford Bronco
All-New Ford Bronco Sport
IIHS Top Safety Pick Award Winner - Ford Explorer
MPG Saver Escape – Get 0% APR Financing for 66 months!
8-Passenger Expedition SUV
Mustang Mach-E Electric SUV

AND MORE!
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
After bragging about charging $10-15k ADM on stock units for the past 2+ years, my dealer sends me this message today:

Subject: New Ford Models in Stock Today and Priced to Sell

You’ve likely heard about the national new vehicle inventory shortages over the past several months. If you’ve been waiting for inventory levels to pick back up and are looking for a good price and a low-pressure and transparent sales process, today is your day!

We just got a large shipment of the most popular New Ford Models, and they are priced right and ready for you to drive home today!

The All-New Ford Bronco
All-New Ford Bronco Sport
IIHS Top Safety Pick Award Winner - Ford Explorer
MPG Saver Escape – Get 0% APR Financing for 66 months!
8-Passenger Expedition SUV
Mustang Mach-E Electric SUV

AND MORE!
Doubt the Mach-E will be at MSRP.

OP
OP
GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Doubt the Mach-E will be at MSRP.
You're right. Looks like they have 1 GT non-PE and 2 Broncos with $10k ADM. They were marking Broncos up by $20k till just recently and I bet they'll negotiate the ADM down considerably.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
You're right. Looks like they have 1 GT non-PE and 2 Broncos with $10k ADM. They were marking Broncos up by $20k till just recently and I bet they'll negotiate the ADM down considerably.
Have you tried how much lower you can get?

It's seems to me just a regular marketing spam email. Nothing indicates they are willing to drop price.

OP
OP
GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you tried how much lower you can get?

It's seems to me just a regular marketing spam email. Nothing indicates they are willing to drop price.
I already bought a car from them with x-plan pricing and price protection. I'd never pay ADM on anything. Am sharing to raise awareness that it looks like the tide has already turned.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
My dealer specializes in buying up other dealers' inventory and then marking them up even more.

They prefer used EV Lightning and MME because they can "certify" them as used and mark up a lot more without the new car stigma ADM.

OP
OP
GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

FirstPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 AWD ER Prem red/black, '22 Kia Sorento PHEV
Country flag
You might be disappointed when you find out: Bredemann.
My order is also through Bredemann (just went into Production). They send out emails like this every so often and I got this same one today. It is just marketing garbage. I wouldn't read anything into it. Of course if they get any actual dealer stock on Mach-E's and Broncos they will be going ADM if they can. But I know at least one person who ordered a Mach-E like me, at MSRP, and that is what they got it for on delivery as expected. I expect the same when I take delivery of mine. Bredemann seems, looking at online reviews etc., to be a pretty fair dealer.

If they can get someone to pay an extra $10k for a vehicle in their dealer stock, eh, go ahead. Someone will likely pay it even if I won't. And that is fine.

OP
OP
GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My order is also through Bredemann (just went into Production). They send out emails like this every so often and I got this same one today. It is just marketing garbage. I wouldn't read anything into it. Of course if they get any actual dealer stock on Mach-E's and Broncos they will be going ADM if they can. But I know at least one person who ordered a Mach-E like me, at MSRP, and that is what they got it for on delivery as expected. I expect the same when I take delivery of mine. Bredemann seems, looking at online reviews etc., to be a pretty fair dealer.

If they can get someone to pay an extra $10k for a vehicle in their dealer stock, eh, go ahead. Someone will likely pay it even if I won't. And that is fine.
I can tell you from personal experience, they are a good dealership to work with. They will sell at the promised price, no questions asked.

But you can’t say nothing has changed. They were selling stock Escapes at $5k ADM and are now offering them with 0% Apr for 60 months. That’s a $7-8k swing!

I have no problem with dealers selling stock units with ADM, but I personally will never pay over sticker for anything, let alone a depreciating asset that can be totaled in a second.

FirstPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 AWD ER Prem red/black, '22 Kia Sorento PHEV
Country flag
I can tell you from personal experience, they are a good dealership to work with. They will sell at the promised price, no questions asked.

But you can’t say nothing has changed. They were selling stock Escapes at $5k ADM and are now offering them with 0% Apr for 60 months. That’s a $7-8k swing!

I have no problem with dealers selling stock units with ADM, but I personally will never pay over sticker for anything, let alone a depreciating asset that can be totaled in a second.
Yeah I also won't pay above MSRP, but someone will. What I'm paying in exchange for not going over on price is time. I will have waited about 9 months by the time I take delivery. As long as I get my car at the agreed MSRP (which I likely will), I'm all good.

OP
OP
GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm picking mine up tomorrow from Napleton Ford in Libertyville, hope they honor everything. So I like my salesman - seems to be on the up n up, but we'll see. 🤞
Great timing for state $4k rebate!! Got mine 3 days ago.

Zer0t

Threads
Reaction score
Rumson, NJ; Marco Island, FL; Amelia Island, FL
Vehicles
2023 Model S Plaid
Country flag
I paid no ADM on my dealer stock GTPE in April.

I am in the list for a Bronco Raptor and the dealer called me that he may have one available in two weeks for a 48K ADM so I told him I could wait.
Sponsored