harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
You can order the original owners manual from Helm Inc. but they do not seem to recognize the recently updated version for cars built after 6/7/2021.
Does anyone know where to obtain the printed copy or get Ford to send it to Helm Inc.

Owner Manuals, Service Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Service Bulletins - Helm Incorporated
They do not include any GT-specific data yet. I just got off the phone with them and have another call to make to see if I can track it down (if it exists).

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Why buy something that will be out of date before you get it?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
#PDFsAreHard

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
What do you do when your Tuesday delivery day turns into a Wednesday delivery day? Print, trim, and bind an owner’s manual, complete with customized cover.

Well, it kept me busy! ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Printed Mach-e Owners manual 1DCAB413-F7C8-4E3C-AC2C-335D825D5D8A

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
What do you do when your Tuesday delivery day turns into a Wednesday delivery day? Print, trim, and bind an owner’s manual, complete with customized cover.

Well, it kept me busy! ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Printed Mach-e Owners manual 1DCAB413-F7C8-4E3C-AC2C-335D825D5D8A
What type of binding? Tape?

I worked as a desktop publisher at PopCopy during high school. So I can truly say from my "professional" experience that this looks flipping fantastic. I hope you enjoy your vehicle at least as much as I enjoyed seeing its manual.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
What type of binding? Tape?

I worked as a desktop publisher at PopCopy during high school. So I can truly say from my "professional" experience that this looks flipping fantastic. I hope you enjoy your vehicle at least as much as I enjoyed seeing its manual.

Thanks! I printed it using the Acrobat ‘Booklet’ setting, which printed it in printers’ spreads. Then I aligned clamped all of the sheets together with woodworking clamps, then sliced through all pages with an x-acto knife. Then I aligned the two halves, and clamped the binding edge with 2 paint stirrers with the same wood clamps. Next, I spread out a thick layer of woodworker’s glue, and set it aside to dry. It came out great, just like a perfect-bound book!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks! I printed it using the Acrobat ‘Booklet’ setting, which printed it in printers’ spreads. Then I aligned clamped all of the sheets together with woodworking clamps, then sliced through all pages with an x-acto knife. Then I aligned the two halves, and clamped the binding edge with 2 paint stirrers with the same wood clamps. Next, I spread out a thick layer of woodworker’s glue, and set it aside to dry. It came out great, just like a perfect-bound book!
Wow, that is pretty awesome.

Yeah when I worked at PopCopy (not it's real name but now it's referred to as FedEx), we had machines for some of the steps you did manually. We had a paper cutter that could cut up to a full ream at once -- 500 sheets of 20# -- like a guillotine. A coworker lost the very tip of a finger on that machine. (Oops!)

We had another jig which I think was called Paddington but I'm not sure, it was essentially a glue table. A removable backboard to line up the pages, clamps to hold them down, and then after removing the backboard we brushed on ample glue... And then it had some fans to speed up drying. This is *extremely* similar to what you described.

We never used it to bind a book though... It was for tear off pads.

What you achieved is very creative. If you haven't done so yet, consider printing the low poly horse to set along side your owners manual on a shelf. ;)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3931883

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Wow, that is pretty awesome.

Yeah when I worked at PopCopy (not it's real name but now it's referred to as FedEx), we had machines for some of the steps you did manually. We had a paper cutter that could cut up to a full ream at once -- 500 sheets of 20# -- like a guillotine. A coworker lost the very tip of a finger on that machine. (Oops!)

We had another jig which I think was called Paddington but I'm not sure, it was essentially a glue table. A removable backboard to line up the pages, clamps to hold them down, and then after removing the backboard we brushed on ample glue... And then it had some fans to speed up drying. This is *extremely* similar to what you described.

We never used it to bind a book though... It was for tear off pads.

What you achieved is very creative. If you haven't done so yet, consider printing the low poly horse to set along side your owners manual on a shelf. ;)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3931883
Thanks! I don’t yet have a 3D printer, but hmmm

Having previously been immersed in print design before transitioning to interactive, I’m familiar with those cutters—I could’ve used one, as cutting by hand destroys an x-acto blade!

This was my first attempt at binding, and I’m actually surprised at the result. There are far too many pages to saddle-stitch it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Going around to every manual thread and posting links to the online manual?
Sponsored