Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME RWD X batt, 2018 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired IT
Country flag
I had a Blink home charger installed by the EV project when I bought my 2011 Nissan LEAF. The charger worked flawlessly with the LEAF until I sold the car in August 2020. I assumed the charger would work OK with my new Mach-E. It does charge the Mach-E, but after my first 100% charge (which I only did once in preparation for an over 200 mile test drive), charges have never reached the 90% the Mach-E is now set for. The last 5 charges have stopped at 79%, 89%, 81%, 89%, and 83%. After the last charge, with the charging cable still connected, I turned on the car (in preparation for running the heater before departure), and the car immediately started charging again.

Is the Blink charger missing a feature that's needed to charge the Mach-E to the correct level? (I've noticed that range and charge % remaining change during times the car is powered off...they always go up a few miles and percentages. Could the car think it's at 90% and stop the charge then later calculate the percentage differently?)

Blink_Charger.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
lightnin

lightnin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME RWD X batt, 2018 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired IT
Country flag
More info...looked in FordPass app and saw messages that "Maggie has charged to 90% per your charge settings." for each of the not 90% charges above. I guess this means it's not a problem with the Blink charger. Anyone else seen this (Mach-E stops charge at specified level but up vehicle startup the level is well under the specified number)?

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
I do not write menu descriptions for a living
Country flag
More info...looked in FordPass app and saw messages that "Maggie has charged to 90% per your charge settings." for each of the not 90% charges above. I guess this means it's not a problem with the Blink charger. Anyone else seen this (Mach-E stops charge at specified level but up vehicle startup the level is well under the specified number)?
So, this morning my phone was saying the car had charged to 90% on my 110v plug. I was like - mathematically interesting since it was really low... When I got into the car it was like 85%. I think the phone app might be causing this as it may be incorrectly thinking the car is at 90% when it's not.
Sponsored