cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
Ford Pass has been very randomly saving "journeys". For some reason they are never more than a couple miles even if my actual trip was 50+ miles. Any idea what the issue is?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Problems with "My Journeys"? Screenshot_20210623-100012_FordPass
Sponsored

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
It does not work well for me.

mfb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 C-Max Energi (2), Red Premium ER RWD MME
Country flag
Doesn't work at all for me. Very disappointing. The old MyFordMobile on my CMax was much better. Simple and reliable. FordPass is not.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
You need to be connected by bluetooth to the car, and not have AA/Carplay active. If you are toggling Android auto on and off, it will affect the function.

OP
OP
cravacor

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
You need to be connected by bluetooth to the car, and not have AA/Carplay active. If you are toggling Android auto on and off, it will affect the function.
In that case, "My Journeys" is sadly dead to me because I use AA pretty much all the time.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Mine was working fine before I reset to factory settings right before I took it into the Collision Center. I haven't had journeys since then and miss them.

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Journeys works fine with Apple Car Play. I have found that when the Ford Pass App gets updated on the iPhone that the My Journeys setting is turned off and I have to turn it back on. You can find the setting on the Ford Pass App, under Account, Settings, Journey Recording.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My Journeys works fine with Apple Car Play. I have found that when the Ford Pass App gets updated on the iPhone that the My Journeys setting is turned off and I have to turn it back on. You can find the setting on the Ford Pass App, under Account, Settings, Journey Recording.
What setting do you use, I have never been able to get it to turn on? Do you set it to record everything? The sync setting indicates it will not work with CarPlay, which I do use.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I've had 1 journey saved. Just started working ?‍♂ Looked through it and thought, well that's kinda cool, I guess. Little tips and whatnot.........not really sure what good it is beyond that

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yeah, Mine does the same thing. I've had one or two trips that it actually counted the entire trip as a single trip. Most of the time, it seems like every time I come to a complete stop it starts a new trip. Or it just doesn't track it at all.

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What setting do you use, I have never been able to get it to turn on? Do you set it to record everything? The sync setting indicates it will not work with CarPlay, which I do use.
I don't have it set to record everything. I have the Automatically via Applink selected. I do use Car Play and it does seem to work with that just fine.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I don't have it set to record everything. I have the Automatically via Applink selected. I do use Car Play and it does seem to work with that just fine.
I discovered that when I get into the car I have to manually turn the Ford Pass App on in the center screen and it takes it a while to even come up on that screen. When I manually turn it on, I get recorded journeys. If I do not manually turn it on I don't get journeys. I think this is the part where CarPlay interferes with it. Seems pretty dumb to me.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I made a trip to the grocery store today. Got a journey for both directions. Still not sure what good they are but it seems to be working fine on mine

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
I have the Automatically via Applink selected. I do use Car Play and it does seem to work with that just fine.
Same. It works well, just make sure you either have a USB connected, or you're connected to the PROJ****** network.

Making sure I auto-joined PROJ******** and didn't auto-join my dash-cam, etc is what fixed wireless carplay for me as well.

Sometimes I need to change to PROJ****** manually, but then CarPlay wireless + trip logs work fine.

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It seems that whenever I go somewhere it never records/downloads the last segment. The other segments download correctly.

Back when it recorded everything - whether I was in my Mach-E or not - it worked correctly.
Sponsored