Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
Hi, has anyone been experiencing issues with the navigation system? Specifically, I press on the navigation button, it thinks about it for a minute (three pulsing dots) and then goes away. Occasionally I will get to the navi screen, but as soon as you start to type in where you want to go, the whole screen just goes away. Is this a "user problem?" The people at Fordpass were less than helpful. Thanks!
Sponsored

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Hi, has anyone been experiencing issues with the navigation system? Specifically, I press on the navigation button, it thinks about it for a minute (three pulsing dots) and then goes away. Occasionally I will get to the navi screen, but as soon as you start to type in where you want to go, the whole screen just goes away. Is this a "user problem?" The people at Fordpass were less than helpful. Thanks!
Have not seen that problem and I use my Nav all the time.

Dude

First Name
Dominic Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E select
Occupation
Sim Pilot
Country flag
r a look at with the Ford dealership.They tested everything and said all the electronics are nominal. They said that "found related SSM 49944 ford engineering is investigating sync4 issues and is working on a software update."

OP
OP
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
Thanks - I took mine in on Friday - the tech there couldn't fix it so now has involved the Ford Engineering department - so maybe the same thing - now will have to wait for (hopefully) an OTA fix.

Dude

First Name
Dominic Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E select
Occupation
Sim Pilot
Country flag
The Garmin Navigation system worked for six weeks and stopped. I tried asking "Ok Ford" for "navigation to" and got a response that the navigation was currently loading. I am able to use the maps app on my iPhone. The navigation app on the MME uses GPS whereas the phone apps use cell towers and data. I would prefer to use the Garmin GPS that is built into the infotainment system.

Peter G

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Hi -

I have the same problem since the "Garmin" appeared. I didn't really use it until an 11-hour trip from Quebec to Connecticut, during which I found that the navigation didn't work AND my saved trip, with charging locations and levels, had changed. Had to use backup locations saved to Google Maps, but without charging levels. Very stressful. Why can't they advise us in the app that there is a problem? "By the way, we're working on an on-board navigation issue for some customers?"

Chapschaps

First Name
Oneil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select Fusion energi
Country flag
I had the same problem and I had to do a master reset and it started to work but now real time traffic alerts don’t work I have a case number with Ford, because they said it’s a know issue that after doing the master reset real time traffic alerts don’t work it’s been 3 weeks now and no fix for the problem

Chapschaps

First Name
Oneil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks - I took mine in on Friday - the tech there couldn't fix it so now has involved the Ford Engineering department - so maybe the same thing - now will have to wait for (hopefully) an OTA fix.
Did they do a master reset ?

OP
OP
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
I had the same problem and I had to do a master reset and it started to work but now real time traffic alerts don’t work I have a case number with Ford, because they said it’s a know issue that after doing the master reset real time traffic alerts don’t work it’s been 3 weeks now and no fix for the problem
Interesting....I have an appointment next week with the dealership (first appt. They weren't able to do anything) - we shall see - would like to avoid a master reset if possible, but maybe it's not a big deal. Thanks!

Chapschaps

First Name
Oneil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting....I have an appointment next week with the dealership (first appt. They weren't able to do anything) - we shall see - would like to avoid a master reset if possible, but maybe it's not a big deal. Thanks!
I was trying to avoid it too, but that’s the only choice at the time it’s a pain because you have to setup everything over and from I did it real time traffic stopped working.

OP
OP
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
I was trying to avoid it too, but that’s the only choice at the time it’s a pain because you have to setup everything over and from I did it real time traffic stopped working.
Will let you know what they say - maybe they have learned something new? Hope springs eternal - plus real-time traffic matters - otherwise would just use Waze.

Chapschaps

First Name
Oneil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Will let you know what they say - maybe they have learned something new? Hope springs eternal - plus real-time traffic matters - otherwise would just use Waze.
I preferred to use the stock navigation traffic alert because it was really fast to reroute you in traffic so I really need it to work,And I don’t really like using wave.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hey there, Tracy! This definitely doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having– If you'd like to, go ahead and send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’d be happy to look into this for you. Thanks!
Sponsored