Problems with rear seat belt buckles

Lizzy2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Hello, not sure if anyone else is having this issue or if it's just me. I have 2 car seats (1 full booster style with the back and 1 traditional 4 pt harness style) in the rear of my Mustang Mach e first edition. I have tried the booster seat on both passenger and drivers side but due to the location of the LATCH system the booster seat tends to sit flush or over the seat belt clip. My 6 year old isn't able to buckle himself in and I have a difficult time as well because I have to push the base of the booster seat over in order to buckle the seatbelt, which is not easy since the point of the booster is to be secured to the vehicle it doesn't move well. I don't really want to use a seatbelt extender because it will change the car sensing someone always being in that seat, plus safety implications of seatbelt extenders in general and finally I haven't seen one that fits the Mach e style belt clips. They don't click in. Any thoughts or guidance? I tried both of my booster seats and they but have the same issue.
Sponsored

sookestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
You aren't alone. We are having the same issue with my 7 year olds booster. Her hands are raw from trying to push it in and we always have to turn around from the front seat, push the booster over and push it in which is very difficult.

dv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Has anyone found a working seat belt extender?

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
I use the 3" drivers front extension from seatbeltextenderpros.com. The extender fits in the rear buckle receivers fine but the trim in the extender's receptical needs to be trimmed a little for the rear buckles to fit in it. Been using them for over a year now.

dv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Thanks for the tip. Do you have a pic of how much the extender needs to be trimmed?

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
Thanks for the tip. Do you have a pic of how much the extender needs to be trimmed?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Problems with rear seat belt buckles PXL_20221009_200646997~2

It was just a small amount I had to remove from the circled areas. It is part of of the outer housing not the actual buckle mechanism. If I remember correctly I took it apart to make it easier to cut and just used a razor blade. Luckily I haven't crash tested them but they passed my yank test.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Problems with rear seat belt buckles PXL_20221009_202025798

Reactions: dv8

dv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag

It was just a small amount I had to remove from the circled areas. It is part of of the outer housing not the actual buckle mechanism. If I remember correctly I took it apart to make it easier to cut and just used a razor blade. Luckily I haven't crash tested them but they passed my yank test.

Thank you very much!

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
…the point of the booster is to be secured to the vehicle it doesn't move well.
Old thread, I know, but I wanted to address this. Booster seats don’t need to be secured to the car at all. The Latch is optional. It’s been a few years since I bought one, but when I did most didn’t even have Latch and it was optional to use in the ones that did.

The point of Latch in a booster is for when the kid isn’t in the seat. When the kid is in the car, the booster is held in place by the kid’s weight and the seatbelt going over the kid. The Latch is there to prevent the booster from rattling around the car in an accident when the kid isn’t there. So, you can forgo the latch (read the manual) or just keep it loose so you can have easier access to the seat belts.

https://carseatblog.com/45879/belt-positioning-boosters-with-latch/
Sponsored