MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Man if I end up actually taking delivery of the MachE I'd love to contribute. Maybe some in-depth Sync4A stuff, CarPlay integration, etc.
Now THIS is what i’m Most interested in. I love unlocking all the software capabilities in my cars. In depth Sync4A and CarPlay +1 here. ?
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks everyone. I'm hoping the real "value" will be when I get my Mach-E and can do "tests" about the range, CoPilot360, etc.

Hopefully it will be useful to those that are considering the Mach-E as well as current owners.

I used to watch Tesla YouTubers and found them useful and help me decide NOT to buy a Tesla.
Sounds good will keep us all from having to read the manuals. All remember YouTube likes likes and it is an easy click.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Has Ford officially announced any of the following: number of reservations?
No.
How many have actually been reserved has never been revealed. However, there is inside information this may exceed 80,000.

Number of orders?
No.
This is even less clear than reservation numbers. Inside information this has been projected to exceed 80,000. Remember that most of our European friends haven't even converted their reservations.

Number of batteries available?
Only that this was the reason for the 50,000 production cap originally announced. Could this have changed, certainly.

Number of expected units to be made?
The best information was from last November when Ford announced 50,000 would be made the first model year. This may change depending on batteries.

How many partridges can fit in a pear tree?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is even less clear than reservation numbers. Inside information this has been projected to exceed 80,000. Remember that most of our European friends haven't even converted their reservations.
I would be fairly surprised if production actually gets close to 80,000 for MY2021, unless they really extend MY2021 deep into what would normally be MY2022. With COVID putting a dent in the supply chain for many different parts, 50,000 may even be a stretch now.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
That pretty well sums up much of the Forum lately.
i honestly do not understand the negativity. In these times having a place to go even virtually where people can share thoughts and ideas is a great thing. I guess there are those who do NOT appreciate it and instead put themselves selfishly in an obviously awkward position ruin it for the rest of us. This is just plain sad. There is plenty of REAL negativity in the world. We do not need it here.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't think you can read any meaningful trend into preproduction units (which was everything before Oct). Those were just built as necessary to test, not with any intent to "ramp them up". Entirely different purpose than the production units that started in Oct (which are intended to ramp up). And with only 2 months of numbers, there's no meaningful trend there.

The most useful number is 2545 for Nov. That's the first full month of production (Oct was only a partial).

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
The most useful number is 2545 for Nov. That's the first full month of production (Oct was only a partial).
Do you know what the target daily production rate is, once they are up to full capacity?

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
LOL... it won't level off until Feb. Even car manufacturing has a preseason...

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
No.
How many have actually been reserved has never been revealed. However, there is inside information this may exceed 80,000.

No.

Only that this was the reason for the 50,000 production cap originally announced. Could this have changed, certainly.

The best information was from last November when Ford announced 50,000 would be made the first model year. This may change depending on batteries.

right here. He has info we have worked on. The plant still is not running 26 units an hour. hitting around 19 to 20. two eight hour shifts 5 days a week. Right now working weekends.
Production has still been going with a very good flow rate. Right now about 2 days behind but working as much as then can to catch up where they can.

coral has some posts about this before. His info is spot on of what we know so far.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Sounds like everyone is going above and beyond to get these out the door.

right here. He has info we have worked on. The plant still is not running 26 units an hour. hitting around 19 to 20. two eight hour shifts 5 days a week. Right now working weekends.
Production has still been going with a very good flow rate. Right now about 2 days behind but working as much as then can to catch up where they can.

coral has some posts about this before. His info is spot on of what we know so far.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
That pretty well sums up much of the Forum lately.
i honestly do not understand the negativity. In these times having a place to go even virtually where people can share thoughts and ideas is a great thing. I guess there are those who do NOT appreciate it and instead put themselves selfishly in an obviously awkward position ruin it for the rest of us. This is just plain sad. There is plenty of REAL negativity in the world. We do not need it here.

stupid question but how many days does it take to actually make one full car from beginning to end???
Sponsored