Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
When did Ford switch the expected FCTP units to November? My dealer still thinks his demo unit won't begin production until mid November at the earliest. He expects to get the vehicle in Dec mid to late in the month.
He thinks FE production may begin late Oct while demo car assembly will follow 3-4 weeks after that date. He told me he expects to receive all his FE units before his demo. He must have missed the update from Ford that moved FCTP assembly ahead of FE cars?
It has been normal to get one thing from Ford or inside sources and something different from Dealers. It sounds like the Dealer is going off the FCTP order info (attached again). The move up is based on @trutolife27's source.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If trutolife27's info is correct, even the FCTP's can't be shipped until OKTB is given (since the're bought by the dealer). IIRC he said nothing being sold to a dealer can leave the plant until OKTB.

However, I don't see that that necessarily means all FEs have to be pushed to January. It could just mean the plant lots filling up with FCTP and FE units awaiting OKTB, and many being shipped out together.
OK, I'll do a pessimistic version of my prediction for this scenario.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Now let's model out some delivery vs reservation details for North American Cars.

Ford now is saying dealers will have FCTP cars in stores in late November. The official FCTP order information stated shipping late November. We've also had multiple sources confirm a 23 November OKTB schedule. This gives us three options:
  1. Ford moves up OKTB to late October/Early November
  2. Ford ships FCTP vehicles before OKTB on 23 Nov.
  3. Ford ships FCTP at OKTB date and FCTP vehicles arrive late December (pushing FEs to January)
Let's be optimistic and assume (1) or (2), with FCTP shipped in early November for cars in stores for Thanksgiving weekend. Let's also assume First Editions go as soon as they are ready, arriving early December, with Premiums following right after. Let's also assume cars are shipped pretty quickly after production (as fast as they can fill train cars to distribution locations) with a four week delivery.

FCTP: By the end of November, all FCTP are delivered.
FE: By 11 December all FEs are delivered.
Others: That gives 2-1/2 weeks worth of Premiums, perhaps 3,200 cars, that may be delivered before the end of 2020. The rest of the MP2 run for North America is another 800 premiums and the Selects and CA Route 1s. Additional NA cars wait until Run 2 in January as the rest of Run 1 goes to EU/UK.

My most optimistic prediction has 2020 deliveries of:
All FCTP
ALL FE
3,200 Premiums.

We can assume 35% GTs, 15% FEs, so reservation holders up to 10,400 to perhaps 20,000 get cars in 2020 depending mostly on the ratio of NA to EU/UK cars in that first week of reservations. That means reservations made between the reveal on 11/17 and 11/19 will likely get their cars in 2020, maybe even those who reserved up until about 11/25.

If my guesses are right and production starts back up 11 January and production is divided 60/40 EU/NA, then by July the first 50,000 come out with NA deliveries continuing about 4 weeks after production. That should cover reservations through April or May plus all the GTs. After the GTs are produced, the last reservations and direct buyers (no reservation) arrive through the end of the year.

- #2, prolly take 3-4 weeks to get to dealers.
- You won't get 1400/wk until Oct 26
- Holidays will remove some production
- GT will be an added starter or Job 2

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Now let's model out some delivery vs reservation details for North American Cars.

Ford now is saying dealers will have FCTP cars in stores in late November. The official FCTP order information stated shipping late November. We've also had multiple sources confirm a 23 November OKTB schedule. This gives us three options:
  3. Ford ships FCTP at OKTB date and FCTP vehicles arrive late December (pushing FEs to January)
Let's be optimistic and assume (1) or (2), with FCTP shipped in early November for cars in stores for Thanksgiving weekend. Let's also assume First Editions go as soon as they are ready, arriving early December, with Premiums following right after. Let's also assume cars are shipped pretty quickly after production (as fast as they can fill train cars to distribution locations) with a four week delivery.

FCTP: By the end of November, all FCTP are delivered.
FE: By 11 December all FEs are delivered.
Others: That gives 2-1/2 weeks worth of Premiums, perhaps 3,200 cars, that may be delivered before the end of 2020. The rest of the MP2 run for North America is another 800 premiums and the Selects and CA Route 1s. Additional NA cars wait until Run 2 in January as the rest of Run 1 goes to EU/UK.

My most optimistic prediction has 2020 deliveries of:
All FCTP
ALL FE
3,200 Premiums.

We can assume 35% GTs, 15% FEs, so reservation holders up to 10,400 to perhaps 20,000 get cars in 2020 depending mostly on the ratio of NA to EU/UK cars in that first week of reservations. That means reservations made between the reveal on 11/17 and 11/19 will likely get their cars in 2020, maybe even those who reserved up until about 11/25.

If my guesses are right and production starts back up 11 January and production is divided 60/40 EU/NA, then by July the first 50,000 come out with NA deliveries continuing about 4 weeks after production. That should cover reservations through April or May plus all the GTs. After the GTs are produced, the last reservations and direct buyers (no reservation) arrive through the end of the year.
As @dbsb3233 pointed out:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/production-runs-line-output-guesstimates.1033/post-32295

So, here's the pessimistic version based on no shipments until OKTB (My option 3 above):

The official FCTP order information stated shipping late November. We've also had multiple sources confirm a 23 November OKTB schedule. This gives us three options:
Let's be pessimistic and assume (3)

Assuming Mache E production and testing go fine but nothing is shipped until OKTB.

FCTP shipped 23 November for cars in stores for Christmas. This means simultaneous delivery of FCTP, First Edition and perhaps 3,000 Premiums. Mach E floods dealers across the country at Christmas leading to a mad rush of 4,000-5,000 buyers across the country madly trying to take test drives, make purchases and submit registration in time for 2020 tax credits. Total shit show.

We'll also assume cars are shipped pretty quickly after production (as fast as they can fill train cars to distribution locations) with a four week delivery.

FCTP: Shipped at the end of November, all FCTP are delivered around Christmas.
FE: All FEs are delivered around Christmas.

This pessimistic prediction still has 2020 deliveries of:
All FCTP
ALL FE
3,200 Premiums.
However, they all show up pretty much at once, perhaps over two weeks.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
- #2, prolly take 3-4 weeks to get to dealers.
- You won't get 1400/wk until Oct 26
- Holidays will remove some production
- GT will be an added starter or Job 2
Look at the spreadsheet. Holidays are included. Production rate in 2020 ~1,000/week and not reaching 1,300 until January.

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
FCTP shipped 23 November for cars in stores for Christmas. This means simultaneous delivery of FCTP, First Edition and perhaps 3,000 Premiums. Mach E floods dealers across the country at Christmas leading to a mad rush of 4,000-5,000 buyers across the country madly trying to take test drives, make purchases and submit registration in time for 2020 tax credits. Total shit show.
5000 cars across the country is really not that much. I‘ve read there are a little over 2000 dealers set up to sell these in the US. Each dealer won’t be getting very many cars...a rush of 5k should be nothing compared to the other vehicles Ford is selling in that same time.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I've been following this thread but am wondering if I have missed a post.
I understand that there is an OKTB date but has anyone specifically said that the cars can't leave the plant until this date.
It is my opinion that the cars(FCTP &FE's) will be shipped to dealers before OKTB date. They will then be placed underwraps or possibly on show for you all to drool and salivate over. The dealers will then be in competition with each other to have the first on the road. And this way Ford get their "launch".

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
5000 cars across the country is really not that much. I‘ve read there are a little over 2000 dealers set up to sell these in the US. Each dealer won’t be getting very many cars...a rush of 5k should be nothing compared to the other vehicles Ford is selling in that same time.
Yes but it is on top of existing business, plus COVID-19 and flu season combined. All 5,000 will want to buy fast. I don't have your faith in these dealers.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah I agree a "rush" of 5000 cars really is only 3-4 cars per dealer (maybe 1 or 2 per salesperson) not that big of an issue.

The dealer could get rid of all their Mach-E's in a single day.

NEMuskRat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Delorean, 2007 SC Mustang, 2018 F150 FX4, 2019 Escape
Occupation
Electron Beam Eng
Country flag
Yes but it is on top of existing business, plus COVID-19 and flu season combined. All 5,000 will want to buy fast. I don't have your faith in these dealers.
Mark, I also want to thank you for all your work & effort to provide all this detailed information. ?

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well it's about 1/4 of the annual 20,000 MME for NA, so not so baf in just a few months..

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yeah I agree a "rush" of 5000 cars really is only 3-4 cars per dealer (maybe 1 or 2 per salesperson) not that big of an issue.

The dealer could get rid of all their Mach-E's in a single day.
Please remember that most dealerships have one person assigned to Mach E sales and we’ve all seen how well informed and prepared for orders. Is there something that makes you think they’ll be better prepared for sales?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Please remember that most dealerships have one person assigned to Mach E sales and we’ve all seen how well informed and prepared for orders. Is there something that makes you think they’ll be better prepared for sales?
Perpared or not its only going to be a few cars per dealership--I think they can handle even 6 cars around Christmas (or between Christmas and New Years).

Besides I'm guessing most of the people picking up these early cars will be like us and already know more than the dealer. They will just toss us the keys and send us on our way (especially since we've already setup our profiles as soon as we got the VIN right??).

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I've been following this thread but am wondering if I have missed a post.
I understand that there is an OKTB date but has anyone specifically said that the cars can't leave the plant until this date.
It is my opinion that the cars(FCTP &FE's) will be shipped to dealers before OKTB date. They will then be placed under wraps or possibly on a show for you all to drool and salivate over. The dealers will then be in competition with each other to have the first on the road. And this way Ford get their "launch".
Nothing that is sold to the public can leave before oktb. That is on any vehicle by any manufacturer's government has to finish the testing.
The parking lot will be full of Mache ready to go. When ford gets the oktb. There will be a mad rush to get the mache loaded and shipped.

If everything goes as planned(fingers crossed) I kinda heard (wink cough) there will be big shipments of First editions hitting dealers very end of November, the start of December. Everything has to go right.

Vin numbers should start coming by the second week of October. The problem is I do not know the real total of FE that is being made. Once that is known, then can find out the day premium models will start being made. the order bank for the Mache is massive, orders, reservations, counting overseas. Seen it today. Hope to get a copy of a build sheet soon.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It has been normal to get one thing from Ford or inside sources and something different from Dealers. It sounds like the Dealer is going off the FCTP order info (attached again). The move up is based on @trutolife27's source.
Thanks.
Yes, I believe he was going off the timeline in the FCTP order guide. I guess we'll just see what happens then. :)
Sponsored