Production runs & line output guesstimates

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Ford needs to have them on payroll for the work they’ve done.
I do work for ford lol. I'm just exited as the rest of you are.
Ford needs to have them on payroll for the work they’ve done.
I work for ford now. Enjoy it. I'm just happy that there is a fire again in the auto industry and not settling for the status Que. Tesla really changed the game on the auto world with the EV and order online, no one thought it would work.

How many people now shop online. click and sent to the house. The brick mortar days of stores are on the out.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The extra 30 days of build time (or so) is good news for everyone, even those likely to be in run 2 as many will have their MME's built earlier in the cycle as well. As long as the problems with the EU build mentioned in one of the posts are resolved in the intervening 8 (or so) weeks, then the EU customers should get their vehicles on the new schedule as well. And that EU build issue sounded more like a minor hiccup to me than a production schedule altering problem.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
As they officially start their run schedules, does anyone think Ford will let order holders know when to expect their cars...or will it be sort of like Tesla, where you don't know until a week or so beforehand??

Of course, I wouldn't have this expectation prior to the schedule actually starting, just in the off chance things change again.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
As they officially start their run schedules, does anyone think Ford will let order holders know when to expect their cars...or will it be sort of like Tesla, where you don't know until a week or so beforehand??

Of course, I wouldn't have this expectation prior to the schedule actually starting, just in the off chance things change again.
Yes, there is a communication cadence plan after your order is placed. You should get the following from Ford:

Vehicle Status Updates That Will Be Automatically Emailed:
  • Order Confirmed
    • Vehicle Visibility Status = Unscheduled
  • Week of Vehicle Production Scheduled
    • Vehicle Visibility Status = Scheduled To Week
  • Vehicle Built (Inc. ETA Range estimate)
    • Vehicle Visibility Status = Released
  • Vehicle On Its Way (Inc. ETA Range estimate)
    • Vehicle Visibility Status = Shipped

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
Yes, there is a communication cadence plan after your order is placed. You should get the following from Ford:

• Order Confirmed
Aaaaghh, I will be very jealous when you all start getting your emails while GT buyers haven’t even put in an order.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

• Order Confirmed
Is that first one the "YOUR MUSTANG MACH-E HAS BEEN UPDATED" email? I got that after my dealer (presumably) hit SUBMIT on my order.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Is that first one the "YOUR MUSTANG MACH-E HAS BEEN UPDATED" email? I got that after my dealer (presumably) hit SUBMIT on my order.
My email said : Order request placed. Thrills ahead.

After the dealer accepted the order I see that the order was accepted (green check) when I log onto my FordPass account.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My email said : Order request placed. Thrills ahead.

After the dealer accepted the order I see that the order was accepted (green check) when I log onto my FordPass account.
My reservation was hijacked by the dealer so all it shows is "In-Store Order". No checkmarks or anything. Looks like any status indicators are lost that way. Probably gonna have to rely on emails from here on out. ?

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

• Order Confirmed
I'm looking forward to this. At what point do we get an email with our VIN so we can track it with the FordPass app?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I'm looking forward to this. At what point do we get an email with our VIN so we can track it with the FordPass app?
I believe usually VIN is assigned when the production begins ; so probably when scheduled - I have seen that with a custom order placed with one of my prior vehicles. - Ford might be different.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
A few years ago, I placed a special order with Ford for a F-250 Super Duty Lariat and I know I had the VIN number at least as soon as it was out of production. I remember also, that I could track the progress of the rail-car train as it chugged along from the Louisville, KY factory towards Omaha, NE with the truck on-board.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
My reservation was hijacked by the dealer so all it shows is "In-Store Order". No checkmarks or anything. Looks like any status indicators are lost that way. Probably gonna have to rely on emails from here on out. ?
I'm in that boat with you.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
5) I'm also sad to say that my theory they will produce FCTP (dealer demo) units before Job #1 has been squashed. So has the theory that dealers will get production cars for FCTP in September (pre-production special events are still possible). Each EV-certified dealer, of which there are ~2000, will only get to order a maximum of one Mach E (see attached from a little birdie not in Mexico), although there may be some supplements. Clearly they are being produced after Job #1 (currently scheduled for October 26) and it looks like the First Editions may literally be the first off the line.

FCTP.jpg
I'm now thrilled to hear some new information from an inside source: These FCTP vehicles and company cars will be Job #1 starting in September. Customer units and dealer stock will follow as Job #2. The production start for customer units is still 26 October with first customer deliveries 23 November.

This also means that most dealers could have their FCTP units available for demos in October/November even before First Edition deliveries start. Of course, part of that depends on whether they ship them right out or hold them for a while before shipping in larger numbers.

This doesn't change my production guesstimate v4. However, it does push up FCTP delivery.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/production-runs-line-output-guesstimates.1033/post-26317

I'm a little sad my First Edition may be a month longer until delivery but quite happy they will get in at least 2,000 practice cars (demos) before mine is built!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm now thrilled to hear some new information from an inside source: These FCTP vehicles and company cars will be Job #1 starting in September. Customer units and dealer stock will follow as Job #2. The production start for customer units is still 26 October with first customer deliveries 23 November.

This also means that most dealers could have their FCTP units available for demos in October/November even before First Edition deliveries start. Of course, part of that depends on whether they ship them right out or hold them for a while before shipping in larger numbers.

This doesn't change my production guesstimate v4. However, it does push up FCTP delivery.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/production-runs-line-output-guesstimates.1033/post-26317

I'm a little sad my First Edition may be a month longer until delivery but quite happy they will get in at least 2,000 practice cars (demos) before mine is built!
That's more disappointing than thrilling to me. While demos are nice, if it's the choice between the first ones being demos or customer units being delivered a month sooner, I'd prefer the latter.

Now we're back where we were before we heard the "Sep 28 Job 1" date. My already slim odds of sneaking into 2020 are now probably non-existent.

Oh well, getting mine in 2020 (qualifying for an extra $1500 tax break) was probably a pipe dream anyway. But Sep 28 gave me a little hope.

Interesting that this totally contradicts that FCTP "July Wholesale" sheet again.
Sponsored