Production runs & line output guesstimates

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Please show me the mid-December shutdown. I don't recall that. What was discussed and is in my estimates is the two-week shutdown from Christmas Eve through Three Kings Day.

Just because production is shut down, the entire plant is not. Shipping and Recieving in most facilities operate through holidays with short breaks at most.

You may be right on the LG Battery issue. That's one of those wildcards we can't factor in. However, if Ford is that concerned about the batteries it would probably be cheaper to stall the line than to have to retrofit thousands of cars. We haven't heard that sort of concern out of Ford so far. IIRC the Kona and Kuga issues have dealt with different batteries than the Mach E uses.
The obvious person who would have the best information on December shut down is
trutolife27

MJMachForum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Blue Flex, 2021 Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I went by there last spring and the sales manager referred me to a clueless sales rep (Daniel) who consistently did not return messages and was not able to answer any questions, so I decided to pass on them despite them having high customer ratings.
Yeah, Daniel was not helpful when I visited back in March. Can't say if he's better informed now though. I've been working with Brandon, I think his last name is Hopper. He's been responsive when I've had questions.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Ditto - I love the sound of it, but am trying to keep my expectations low.

So excited for this car that I dreamt about it the other night - including my father hitting one of my side mirrors while I was showing it off to him...
We keep hearing dealers are expecting FCTP demos in November but we've heard from @trutolife27 that even FCTP cars won't ship until OKTB. This gives me hope OKTB will be moved up ?
Mark, thanks for all the info. Can you refresh our memory (okay, mine) on what the difference between FCTP and OKTB (whenever I see OKTB, I laugh thinking someone left off the N and then had dyslexia....New Kids on the Block:))

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Just to make clear for non-US people.
Whats OKTB and FCTP ?

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Whats OKTB and FCTP ?
OKTB is O.K. To Buy, in other words everything checks out with the cars that have been assembled and it is o.k. for them to be sold to the public

FCTP The Ford Courtesy Transportation Program. These are units purchased by dealers to use as loaners & demonstration vehicles. They may be sold to the public after a period of time or a certain number of miles.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Whats OKTB and FCTP ?
OKTB = "OK to buy", meaning that the cars that have been produced may be shipped to dealers for sale

FCTP - "Ford courtesy transportation"; this is the name given to the cars owned by the dealership for giving customer test drives or other uses by the dealer and cannot immediately be sold to customers. The dealer must own them for a period of time and put a certain amount of mileage on them, and then they can be sold as "demonstration units" to customers

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Had a short peek in the Ford system at the dealer, fabrication date dec 7, delivery feb 27, even saw a chassis number???????
I would be very surprised if Ford didn't ship as many cars as possible to this side of the pond at the same time. These dates that you have given are in line with the guesses I have made recently apart from you are the only ones this side that have "confirmed" your orders. My latest was that UK will confirm in the next couple of weeks with production in December, shipping just before/after Christmas with delivery Feb/March. Hopefully the information you got from your dealer confirms this rough timeline and so gives us ALL hope. Thanks

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
I would be very surprised if Ford didn't ship as many cars as possible to this side of the pond at the same time. These dates that you have given are in line with the guesses I have made recently apart from you are the only ones this side that have "confirmed" your orders. My latest was that UK will confirm in the next couple of weeks with production in December, shipping just before/after Christmas with delivery Feb/March. Hopefully the information you got from your dealer confirms this rough timeline and so gives us ALL hope. Thanks
I also could see the order date..............march 6 (dealer confirmed without me knowing it, but hey GREAT)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I also could see the order date..............march 6 (dealer confirmed without me knowing it, but hey GREAT)
Even better. my order date was 29 Feb

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
well my reservation date was 23 november!
Oh ok. I get confused. Some people refer to initial order as preorder, some as reservation. So March 6th was when you (or your dealer) confirmed your preorder/reservation. That was early in the process. Must have been to do with your incentives.
Sponsored