Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
But what's the expiration date listed for that incentive? ?
Incentive was gone by the time I got there. :(

However, based on how well these cars handle.....I wouldn't be surprised to find a bunch of dollar bills crammed into the left and right rear corners of the cargo compartment. :)
Anything you put back there better be secured well. Just saying....
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The question I want to ask is, if FCTP’s are being held to OKTB, where did those 287 cars go?
I have that very same question. Another holding lot? Rail transfer station?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have no idea how to figure FEs starting this week into that estimate except if they plan to interleave the FEs right away in MP2. Even so, that doesn't change the production rate, just the production order.

Shipping order is another matter.
Good point. It doesnt really matter just as long as it gets built in time for OKTB.

The status of my FE is Sent to Plant. I am told Priority Code 99 is last week of MP1. Which means it isnt a retail order apparently. Dealer said I can expect the VIN, invoice and Monroney Sticker this week. I will believe it when I see it. I doubt Ford will release the Monroney Stickers until OKTB. And I think that is why he isn't able to access the VIN screen without his manager's approval.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I have that very same question. Another holding lot? Rail transfer station?
Someone on the forum a while ago said that they were building a multi story car park to store the cars

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Man go camping for a weekend and miss like 10,001 posts.

You know it *is* possible that they load the cars up on trucks and then put them on a train somewhere else. Perhaps just on the US side of the border they are loaded on trains..? (To me this sounds like a slowdown big time since you're adding a day to load and a day to unload or more but it may be more cost effective.)

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Man go camping for a weekend and miss like 10,001 posts.

You know it *is* possible that they load the cars up on trucks and then put them on a train somewhere else. Perhaps just on the US side of the border they are loaded on trains..? (To me this sounds like a slowdown big time since you're adding a day to load and a day to unload or more but it may be more cost effective.)
@ChasingCoral said in a thread somewhere in those 10,000 posts over the weekend that his contact down there said all the shipping is now done by semi. They haven't used rail for awhile.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
@ChasingCoral said in a thread somewhere in those 10,000 posts over the weekend that his contact down there said all the shipping is now done by semi. They haven't used rail for awhile.
LOL Yes I know, I read that and my comment about that above specifically mentions trucks from the plants to rail yards somewhere else. So the plant contact would not know that...

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
LOL Yes I know, I read that and my comment about that above specifically mentions trucks from the plants to rail yards somewhere else. So the plant contact would not know that...
Ahhh . . . got it. Too early in the morning and. . . . Monday.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I agree... normally Hermosillo goes by rail to a huge customs point into California. That said, Caut normally never produced for the US market.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I agree... normally Hermosillo goes by rail to a huge customs point into California. That said, Caut normally never produced for the US market.
While trucking them to a train could happen, I have to wonder if that’s cost effective. That means two truck legs and a train leg for shipping, lots of transfers and labor. Semi transport directly from to the destination makes more sense. If loaded right they can unload at multiple dealers and have less risk to the cars from loading damage - one on and one off.

I like quicker transport and lower risk but carbon footprint is lower by rail.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
While tricking them to a train could happen, I have to wonder if that’s cost effective. That means two truck legs and a train leg for shipping, lots of transfers and labor. Semi transport directly from to the destination makes more sense. If loaded right they can unload at multiple dealers and have less risk to the cars from loading damage - one on and one off.

I like quicker transport and lower risk but carbon footprint is lower by rail.
The problem with trucks is the volume. 1200 cars/week divided by 6 cars per carrier means 200 truckloads per week. Assuming it takes 3-4 days one way that means they'd need a dedicated fleet of at least 300 trucks. That seems like a lot. Shuffling from the plant to a nearby railyard would need 40 or less

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The problem with trucks is the volume. 1200 cars/week divided by 6 cars per carrier means 200 truckloads per week. Assuming it takes 3-4 days one way that means they'd need a dedicated fleet of at least 300 trucks. That seems like a lot. Shuffling from the plant to a nearby railyard would need 40 or less
Agreed.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Someone on the forum a while ago said that they were building a multi story car park to store the cars
I think that ended up being incorrect, and that they simply repaved one of the main staging lots. But I still estimated about 3500 parking spots at the plant based on sat photos, and that was just for production cars (end-to-end rows of 6-10). I wasn't even counting employee parking (standard angle rows).

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A bunch of locomotives each plugging one box car.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And what a shame to go through all that extra time and expense when there's a rail spur to handle 30 autoracks right there on property. That one's really an eyebrow-raiser.

Maybe there's a bridge replacement or something in the way? Who knows. Would be curious to see what the problem is preventing them from using autoracks directly on site. Doesn't make sense that it would be faster NOT to. Maybe for trucking a handful MMEs directly into the US for shows and such, but seems like a bottleneck for many thousands of production vehicles per month.
Sponsored