Production Schedule for my GTPE!!

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Because that is the entire point of putting in a reservation in the first place? Sitting on your reservation for up to a year and a half between November 2019 and April 2021 means nothing if your dealer takes a couple of extra days to confirm your order vs. the guy who just showed up today and decided to get one?
/shrug there was no reason tbh. I reserved Jan of this year, and all it provided was an email that i could order when it opened, i didnt have delusions that i would be XXXXX car produced in that order
That is not correct. There are people with both standard GTs and GTPEs who got build dates in the first 2 weeks of July. There is no discernable pattern to how the GTs are being split up by options.
Good to know. I hadn't seen GTPE with early July dates.
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I'm betting there's a whole more to production than just providing all reservation orders first in line. Priority doesn't mean guarantee. If they are doing a production run of GT in white they may say they will do xxx number of that run and there were 5 less reservation holders than actual allocation so 5 non reservation holders got their production dates ahead of a reservation holder of another build.

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti Q50, F250, 2000 Lightning
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
Also, this was passed on to the dealers:

For Mustang Mach-E GT Reservation customers: Some customers may believe that they can ensure an earlier build date by placing a new retail order and cancelling their reservation. This is not true. New retail GT orders will likely be scheduled into the ‘22MY. The best way for customers to get their vehicle as soon as possible is to follow the intended reservation-to-order process

This tells me that reservations should be ahead of new orders. Especially since the reservation number is tied to your actual order.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So we finally know the source of the delay - @HuntingPudel 's order got misplaced and they finally found it stuffed in a drawer. So, everyone has to wait for his GT to be built before anything gets shipped out. :D
Yep, blame the dog. ?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Also, this was passed on to the dealers:

For Mustang Mach-E GT Reservation customers: Some customers may believe that they can ensure an earlier build date by placing a new retail order and cancelling their reservation. This is not true. New retail GT orders will likely be scheduled into the ‘22MY. The best way for customers to get their vehicle as soon as possible is to follow the intended reservation-to-order process

This tells me that reservations should be ahead of new orders. Especially since the reservation number is tied to your actual order.
Not entirely a bad thing to wait for a 22 model at this point...

BunsOfSteel

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT; 97 Explorer
Country flag
Feel the pain at this mystery priority list! Clear as mud! I cancelled a long-time reservation because the previous dealership lost my business when I finally went in. Would be nice to not have to deal with them at all. Oh well

Frankly with all the delays that have been reported I was expecting a 2022 GT. I’m just happy it’s expected to come in 2021. Wouldn’t have been mad about 2022 either, just gives Ford more time to iron out the kinks…

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
So 5/18 guy is GT not a GTPE They are probably scheduling GT's first from the dates posted so far
4/27 guy we don't know when his dealer accepted.
Maybe. I ordered in June, and production is scheduled late August. No reservation. Regular GT.

Ironically, I would rather they slow things down. I would like to see some GT reviews before finalizing my order, and I really don't need or want the car before year-end. Now it sounds like it may arrive much sooner.

sharkcom

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
My regular GT is Scheduled for Production Week of 8/22/2021. Ordered 6/11/21. Reserved 1/2/21.

Assuming a week to build, anyone know how long it takes to ship to Southern California?
Sponsored